Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Jan 15, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #916 of 1,351
frown.gif

I just wanted to come back and add a frowny-face about people putting in dedicated lines for their yammy. Sure all good audio equpiment deserves such treatment but I'm so far off from this being an option it makes me sad. What hobby have I choosen...?
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #917 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

I just wanted to come back and add a frowny-face about people putting in dedicated lines for their yammy. Sure all good audio equpiment deserves such treatment but I'm so far off from this being an option it makes me sad. What hobby have I choosen...?
frown.gif

Well the electricians where here putting in a few much needed circuits and outlets, to stop the kids building pyramids with double adapters, and I for once thought of myself, and told them that while they where busy, they could just as well add a dedicated line for my Hi-Fi ....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #918 of 1,351
OK I chickened out last year, but I may be scrounging up some funds to purchase an HA-02 for a secondary system with W5000/RS1 (fear of tubes have been allayed with my Almarro for K1000; also besides sound and build quality, I like the fact that HA-02 has limited or no tube rolling ability!).

I need to get a 220v version, so I checked the Yamamoto web site which instructs to fax in order. But it gives a Yamamoto direct number and also a Takeda Machinery number for export? Which one do you send in the order to, presumably the exporter in Tokyo?

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #919 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK I chickened out last year, but I may be scrounging up some funds to purchase an HA-02 for a secondary system with W5000/RS1 (fear of tubes have been allayed with my Almarro for K1000; also besides sound and build quality, I like the fact that HA-02 has limited or no tube rolling ability!).

I need to get a 220v version, so I checked the Yamamoto web site which instructs to fax in order. But it gives a Yamamoto direct number and also a Takeda Machinery number for export? Which one do you send in the order to, presumably the exporter in Tokyo?

We ordered ours direct from Mr Yamamoto, and he specifically asked us what voltage version we required i.e. the 220 volt version, I believe Tadeka Machinery act as export agents for Yamamoto, could be wrong about that, and they might also sell Yamamoto products ...

The long wait is definitely worth it ....
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #920 of 1,351
Quote:

It's a bit confusing. I just used the e-mail link at the bottom of his home page
shige-y@mh1.117.ne.jp initially to enquire if the amp was available in 240V and went from there. Mr Yamamoto's replies were prompt but keep it simple as his english and or translation is not 100%.
At that stage it was possible to purchase direct using either bank card or Paypal but be aware that there is a fee charged for either service, 3% for Paypal and 7% for bankcard. Takeda machine may be his dealer or exporter but didn't take bankcard.

Going by some of the comments on this thread you could now be directed to a suitable importer if Yamamoto has one in your country, ie States and Australia, not sure how the rest of the world stacks up.

Well worth the effort and any wait involved.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #921 of 1,351
JimP,

Ditto to Tuatara'a comments - the link he noted worked for me. Payment was via wire transfer with me eating the associated fees.

Cheers,
Garry

BTW - Did you really think you could sneak a change of avatar past me
wink.gif
????????????

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #922 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a bit confusing. I just used the e-mail link at the bottom of his home page
shige-y@mh1.117.ne.jp initially to enquire if the amp was available in 240V and went from there. Mr Yamamoto's replies were prompt but keep it simple as his english and or translation is not 100%.
At that stage it was possible to purchase direct using either bank card or Paypal but be aware that there is a fee charged for either service, 3% for Paypal and 7% for bankcard. Takeda machine may be his dealer or exporter but didn't take bankcard.

Going by some of the comments on this thread you could now be directed to a suitable importer if Yamamoto has one in your country, ie States and Australia, not sure how the rest of the world stacks up.

Well worth the effort and any wait involved.

That is how we did it as well, paid by bankcard ...

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #923 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JimP,

BTW - Did you really think you could sneak a change of avatar past me
wink.gif
????????????

Who?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #924 of 1,351
Feb 9, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #926 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Java,

Not you mate . . . ahhhh - methinks you didn't get a load of Jim's new amp
biggrin.gif
. You can check it out here . . . http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/alm...3/#post3712523

Hmmm, that Almarro gear is nice, those M0A speakers tickle my fancy ...

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #927 of 1,351
Quote:

I honestly don't know what you're talking about...that's my HK ID photo.

HK ID photo ...
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #928 of 1,351
Okay, here is a question about tube life. I know the WB408s have a long life but here was the situation I was in Sunday. Turned it on, let the yammy warm up and had a listening session. I promised someone to be at house for the after and left for two hours. Came back for another listening session before heading out for a run, another two hours. Then in the evening I wanted to listening while I wrote.

What would you recommend? Can I keep the unit on all day? Is that better than turning if on and off serveral times a day? I know I can just keep my source on but what about the yammy? I want to balance tube life with keeping the tubes warmed up and at optimal SQ.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #930 of 1,351
friggn Japan. They want $14 per tube!!! I can't complain really, I love it here. Anyways, how many did you pick up at once. I was thinking 4 would be enough for a couple of years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back