Yamaha YH-100 Orthodynamic on eBay
Dec 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #46 of 50
That's pretty good price. Even if they don't work someone would buy them off you for parts. The problems that these had didn't go away when they stopped making them, I mean how hard it was to produce them without imperfections. Nowadays I only use mine very carefully, as I don't want dust to get in them, breaking the headband or one of the joints holding the cups, which were some of the major physical problems I notice with the old parting-out ones I see on the market. I think as parts someone would be happy paying more than you paid, but I hope they work for you and you are able to use them, as I believe they have their own place in my collection due to their sound signature. I have a couple of reference and studio cans now that I mostly listen to and the YH-100 are still fun to pull out every once in a while to see what I've been missing or what flavor the Yamaha would give me, and I'm rarely ever disappointed. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #47 of 50
Hi there. Just wondering if your Yh-100's were good or shot. I am looking for a pair to rebuild a set I have that have which have sen better days. I would be very interested in acquiring yours if you aren't havin any luck with them.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #48 of 50
I know you posted this a while ago, but would you happen to have the contact info for the place in England which had the parts?  I've got an old pair of YH-100s and the headband has broken. I'm not an audiophile and do not use them much, however they were my fathers and repairing them is more of a sentimental thing. 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back