Yamaha PRO Headphones.
Feb 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #151 of 531
Having owned the 598 and having that same minor issue with the bass while I also appreciated the beautiful SQ, I think these will be just the ticket. I highly recommend the Yamahas.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #152 of 531
Quote:
Having owned the 598 and having that same minor issue with the bass while I also appreciated the beautiful SQ, I think these will be just the ticket. I highly recommend the Yamahas.

I'm going to try to get a pair cheap... probably the blue ones! lol :p I'll see how they measure up with the ones I've had/have. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #154 of 531
I see Tyll reporting that Beats are bringing a suit against Yamaha over these.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-news-february-11-2013

I guess you can see their point:

Maybe that Dr Who? ad was the last straw
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #156 of 531
I am planning to buy the denon d5000s and Craigster mentioned to me on the basshead thread that there's a possibility that the pro 500 have the same or even better SQ. first Qns, does it have the same amt. of bass and hw gd is the mids and highs?

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #157 of 531
Quote:
I see Tyll reporting that Beats are bringing a suit against Yamaha over these.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-news-february-11-2013

I guess you can see their point:

Maybe that Dr Who? ad was the last straw
biggrin.gif

Part of me hopes Beats wins because:

A) In an age of frivolous lawsuits, I believe Beats has a legitimate complaint based on the blatant copy of Beats design.

B) It would force Yamaha to actually put thought into an original headphone design.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #158 of 531
That's insane. The only thing similar is the folding, and lots of cans fold that way.

Methinks Beats has a sour grapes attitude, since sonically the Yamahas walk all over their garbage.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #159 of 531
Quote:
That's insane. The only thing similar is the folding, and lots of cans fold that way.

Methinks Beats has a sour grapes attitude, since sonically the Yamahas walk all over their garbage.

I can't think of another headphone that looks as much like Beats except the Noontech Zoro.  Even the other rapper cans bear less resemblance to Beats.  If an automaker produced a vehicle that bore as much similarity to an existing highly popular model, the issue would be receiving high profile media scrutiny.  It wouldn't matter that the engine was far superior, the focus would be on the appearance.  There are plenty of headphones with folding mechanisms that operate similarly but don't appear to be blatantly copying the look of a product to capitalize on its popularity.  The PSB is a good example of this.  The comparative pictures, right down to the color palette, speak for themselves.  I believe I am presenting a rational, thought-out opinion. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #160 of 531
Quote:
I can't think of another headphone that looks as much like Beats except the Noontech Zoro.  Even the other rapper cans bear less resemblance to Beats.  If an automaker produced a vehicle that bore as much similarity to an existing highly popular model, the issue would be receiving high profile media scrutiny.  It wouldn't matter that the engine was far superior, the focus would be on the appearance.  There are plenty of headphones with folding mechanisms that operate similarly but don't appear to be blatantly copying the look of a product to capitalize on its popularity.  The PSB is a good example of this.  The comparative pictures, right down to the color palette, speak for themselves.  I believe I am presenting a rational, thought-out opinion. 

I believe you are too. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #161 of 531

X2. If anything, I hope this boosts attention for the Yamahas.

I'd also like to point out that having held both of these headphones in my hands, and if you look at the images closely, there are many details that are not shared between these headphones. Besides the build materials, the cup design is different and the silver accents are different. So are the headpads and while one's ear pad is round the other is oval. In the end, Beats might as well go after Soul and Sleek while they're at it.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #162 of 531
Quote:
X2. If anything, I hope this boosts attention for the Yamahas.

I'd also like to point out that having held both of these headphones in my hands, and if you look at the images closely, there are many details that are not shared between these headphones. Besides the build materials, the cup design is different and the silver accents are different. So are the headpads and while one's ear pad is round the other is oval. In the end, Beats might as well go after Soul and Sleek while they're at it.

Ha ha..... yep no mention of Yamaha infringing on the Beats house sound lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back