Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Jun 23, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #1,216 of 3,295
Hi Lorspeaker,

Ready to pull the trigger on them Beyerdynamic T1s? Here is a deal for $670 but only today - reputable source.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-T1-Tesla-Audiophile-Stereo-Headphone/281729759861?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419866fa75

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #1,218 of 3,295
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/cON5LDtHlCA?list=PL60C0964F3BE24DC2[/VIDEO]

Tat sense of space...n phrrrroooommm, off my iPad , quite amazing :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,220 of 3,295
  Looks like you can still get these for $150. Are there any other similar closed headphones I should be considering at this price point?

All the other headphones I've heard in that price range do not begin to compete with the MT220. Then again, I like the MT220 more than all the headphones I've heard so far that cost thousands of dollars as well, so in addition to technical performance, there's personal preference at play.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,221 of 3,295
For those with angledpads, u can try slanting the pads at about 45degree,
with the thickerside at your lower earlobes....aka K812 style. :p

incredible can this is.... astounding sound. Listening to some crazy ALIVE jazz.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,222 of 3,295
After mt220 burned in , sound clear out, now it's transparent , no more creamy/muddy mids , low end is powerful and tight, mids clear, smooth highs with great detail, sound is 3D without sounding artificial , reminds me of t5p, but with more in your face type of sound and less soundstage, more punchy but less refine. Realy , tonality, sonic character reminds me of t5p :flushed:

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,224 of 3,295
Tat sense of space...n phrrrroooommm, off my iPad , quite amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice I also found some good test tracks by steven wilson his production is top notch...

If your headphones can handle this song they can handle almost any =D

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,226 of 3,295
Finally got mine in today.

They're not bad, and are definitely one of the biggest-ever "bang for the buck" headphones I've heard. $150 is a great price for headphones that sound this good. And it comes with a copy of Steinberg's WaveLab LE too, which is a nice bonus.

That said, I can't say I like it all that much personally. The Audio-Technica MSR7 is way more up my alley than the MT220 mostly because it skews more towards the treble and also has more clarity than the MT220. And although the MT220 is comfortable, it generates more heat & "stickiness" from its pleather pads than the MSR7 does. There's absolutely no way I'm going to want to continue to listen it during the summer, even at night. It's definitely going to be up for sale soon due to that alone.....

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #1,227 of 3,295

They're not bad, and are definitely one of the biggest-ever "bang for the buck" headphones I've heard. $150 is a great price for headphones that sound this good. And it comes with a copy of Steinberg's WaveLab LE too, which is a nice bonus.

That said, I can't say I like it all that much personally. The Audio-Technica MSR7 is way more up my alley than the MT220 mostly because it skews more towards the treble and also has more clarity than the MT220. And although the MT220 is comfortable, it generates more heat & "stickiness" from its pleather pads than the MSR7 does. There's absolutely no way I'm going to want to continue to listen it during the summer, even at night. It's definitely going to be up for sale soon due to that alone.....

may be try giving your yammies more burn-in time ? may be then you might change your opinion about yammies clarity ? and your ears might be also adjusted to the audio technica's brighter signature after all these time :)  

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,228 of 3,295

Did you experiment with the position of your ears in the pads and stuff gauze under the pads, like I recommended? With my ears in the middle of the pads, the mids were too recessed. When I moved my ears to the front of the pads, they became much more upfront. The gauze enhanced the sound too, but it has to be the right amount. Too much gauze just makes it sound bloated. I did not experience heat or stickiness issues. Do you have air conditioning? I mean, if the room is hot and sticky in the first place, you can't exactly blame the headphones. Also, most people say it improves a lot with burn-in, but it became my favorite headphone even without giving it a chance to burn in!

Is there any reason why you want to sell it instead of simply returning it? Anyway, make sure you follow my recommendations before jumping ship.

By the way, I plan on buying the Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 and JDS Labs The Element amp/DAC next month. I think I already told you that you were the person who convinced me to pursue the AD2000, since it's your favorite headphone even after hearing most of the expensive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back