Yamaha EPH-100
Oct 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #3,496 of 4,690

Dont worry about how they look mate. I had them for a fairly long time and cant say that I was extra careful with them and yet they never missed a beat.

I miss them so much that I will be buying another pair at the end of Novemeber, as they are still the best IEMs I've ever owned.

Good to hear. Its funny how these things, being made out of metal, feel lighter than most of the crappy, cheap budz I own. 

I just can't get enough of 'em. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #3,497 of 4,690
  Good to hear. Its funny how these things, being made out of metal, feel lighter than most of the crappy, cheap budz I own. 

I just can't get enough of 'em. 

Yeah, apart from a couple of cases these IEMs are solid...

Def one of the best to own if you enjoy EDM music.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #3,498 of 4,690
Yeah I've had my pair for a short while and they are very good for EDM. Also the build is quite good, I've had a few close scrapes and they still run well, they're light and strong.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #3,499 of 4,690
I am looking at the Yamaha EPH-100SL, the JVC HA-FXT90 and the Monster Gratitude (because of the big discount of Gratitude to 59$).

The Yamaha EPH-100SL seem cool, but I am worried about the deep inserted fit straight down. I do not like wearing stuff over the ear and I heard its hard to get a good fit straight down.
The deep insertion I also never tried and might be uncomfortable after a while??

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #3,500 of 4,690
These have no problems with comfort, the housings are tiny. It's quite easy getting a good fit straight down, but you might want to buy them from a place with a good returns policy to try them.

Nov 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #3,501 of 4,690
The deep insertion I also never tried and might be uncomfortable after a while??

Go for the EPH, they are as light as a feather despite the looks.

Even my plastic SoundMagic E10 weigh more lol :wink:

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #3,502 of 4,690
I'm in the very same boat as chocomel, hilariously enough (I've narrowed my options down to EPH-100, JVC HA-FXT90, and VSonic VC1000 just to give BA another go). The Yams seem like they'd be a more natural step up from my NuForce NE-700Ms, but lately I've found myself turning down the low frequencies, which I know can mean a number of things.

If it helps, I listen to 'everything', I guess. No genre preferences here.

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3,503 of 4,690
One of the things which surprised me the most was how controlled the bass is. There's definitely a sufficient quantity of it, and yet, it manages not to interfere with the rest of the frequencies. I actually find the highs to be a little too up in my face on some tracks, though Im slowly getting used to it.
I compared them to the MH1c's. I do like the sound of the sony's (the price too), but the Yams are just on another level.

btw, they're down to $100 on amazon. Not sure If I need a second pair...really tempted, tho.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #3,504 of 4,690
Ah, heck. I'm joining the Yam Club (that's what we'll call it!). After an insomnia-driven tear last night through reviews of the HA-FXT90, I can only imagine them sounding as harsh in the 4khz range as my current NuForces.

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #3,505 of 4,690
Welcome to the club!

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #3,506 of 4,690
Oh my goodness.

Oh my freakin' goodness.

These Yams are delicious. Took about 15 minutes to get used to because I'm so used to mid-tier bassbuds (UE350VM, NuForce NE-700M. Admittedly, I was in love with the Noofs. Now I'm giving them away to a friend who loves them too), but man was it worth the patience. This was the final package to be delivered by this particular UPS guy, and as such I received them just a hair past 8PM - that's in Phoenix, AZ time.

Treble's so much brighter than anything I ever would've imagined, and this is a great thing. Lows have taken a noticeable backseat compared to Noof, but it only serves to emphasize the level of detail; Gretchen Parlato's breathing in the beginning of Henya is so much more intimate and lifelike between hums, and the circular rubbing sound on the drum heads in Better Than is pure quality.

Sorry, I'm gushing a little too much for having about one hour of listening experience with these. Guess that just serves to demonstrate just how immediate an impact these things have had.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #3,507 of 4,690
So I've been following this thread, and I fully intend to read it all (currently on page 27) =D

I stumbled onto the EPH-100 during a month-long search of finding the best mid-range headphones suited to my listening needs. I prefer a nice, solid amount of bass, but I'm an amateur audiophile in the sense that I refuse to accept bass if it makes the other frequencies sound ****ty. A more balanced overall presentation that flows within itself is much more enjoyable. 

So after researching and researching these things, I could not find anyone who had anything remotely negative about the performance of these buds, and I pulled the trigger last Friday—'Next Day Delivery'—ya feel me!!

They came into the office yesterday morning, and I've been in love with them ever since. Upgrading from my stock iPhone 5 earbuds (which I had to EQ into this V-shape with the low dip at 128), this are a really pleasant surprise. It may be my brain just catching up to the superior quality, but they sound as if they are noticeably improving, even only after seven or so hours of use. They do not NEED to be EQ'd, but, while my phone was in my pocket, divine providence landed me with a really bomb-sounding EQ—a straight line from 32Hz at -2.4db to your highest frequency (circa 16k) at 0 db. Just a straight line. With this EQ, the bass still kicks, but is very warm and really compliments the mids and the high-end; it just sounds exceptionally well-balanced (and, looking at the graph posted for their natural sound, makes a LOT of sense why dipping the bass sounds so good). 

Try it out, and gimme some feedback!! Hope it's guuuud!!

beerchug.gif
 These 'phones be the SHIZZZZNIIIIIGHHHHTTTT!!

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #3,508 of 4,690
Hello guys, what is the difference between yamaha eph-100 and yamaha eph-100sl. there is a rumor what in second revision dynamic driver does not fail from condensation and moisture, is it true or not?

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #3,510 of 4,690
Yeah they're both the same, although it would be nice if the colour designation meant Yamaha were making some more colours. Black would look cool 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back