Yamaha EPH-100
Sep 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #3,484 of 4,690
Wow. I'm in the military and went to the base exchange only to be shocked that there were two pairs of these sitting on the shelf! I asked the customer service guy and he said they found them in the warehouse and were trying to get rid of them. I talked him down to $85 brand new!  :) :) :)  

What tips are recommended with these? I don't find the stock ones to be too bad, but with these being discontinued, I'd like some backups.

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #3,485 of 4,690
Wow. I'm in the military and went to the base exchange only to be shocked that there were two pairs of these sitting on the shelf! I asked the customer service guy and he said they found them in the warehouse and were trying to get rid of them. I talked him down to $85 brand new!  :) :) :)  

What tips are recommended with these? I don't find the stock ones to be too bad, but with these being discontinued, I'd like some backups.

Large generic memory foam tips from Lostearbuds fit nicely on these earphones

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3,487 of 4,690
To my knowledge no, but maybe with some modding, and there is an eBay store called lostearbuds that sell some foam tips that are suitable.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #3,488 of 4,690
Hello, I want to ask which of In-Ear monitors got the best quality of sound? I mostly listen: dance, disco, techno, house, electro, club but also pop, rock... I prefer mainly quality bass! But simultaneously I want a good middle and treble! I need to decide between these two types: Yamaha EPH-100 and Sennheiser IE 80 or any other better alternative. Please help me... Thank you very very much!

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #3,489 of 4,690
  Hello, I want to ask which of In-Ear monitors got the best quality of sound? I mostly listen: dance, disco, techno, house, electro, club but also pop, rock... I prefer mainly quality bass! But simultaneously I want a good middle and treble! I need to decide between these two types: Yamaha EPH-100 and Sennheiser IE 80 or any other better alternative. Please help me... Thank you very very much!

I have both.  

Generally, I would say the Yamaha EPH100 is a better choice between the two.  However, as your music genre leans towards the bassy types, you should seriously consider the Sennheiser IE80.  

In regard to your added requisites, good mids and treble, the Yamahas would fit the bill.  But the Yamahas do not sound as thick as the IE80.  

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #3,490 of 4,690
To my knowledge no, but maybe with some modding, and there is an eBay store called lostearbuds that sell some foam tips that are suitable.

lostearbuds'  tips nominal size are incorrect.  The real size is always a level below the nominal size.  If you buy L, you get M.  If you buy M, you get S.  If you buy S you get XS.  So their real sizes are just M, S and XS.  You can read more about the experience with those in earlier posts in this thread.  Search for "lostearbuds" or search (with advanced search) for "lostearbuds" by authors "putente" and "Alberto01"

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #3,492 of 4,690
Just got these in the mail. They're blowing me away with their punchiness and separation. I just hope they dont eff up on me like they have on other users. Can be easily worn over-ear, due to their lightweight construction, so microphonics no longer seem to be as much of an issue as I initially thought it would be with the cable down. And yes, they sound great with Techno, House, and EDM in general. They do, however, seem rather fragile. I'll be also looking to get a pair of VsonicGR07 BE, simply for their solid construction (and the sound, of course), for on the go/gym. The Yams will mostly be used indoors. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #3,495 of 4,690
  Just got these in the mail. They're blowing me away with their punchiness and separation. I just hope they dont eff up on me like they have on other users. Can be easily worn over-ear, due to their lightweight construction, so microphonics no longer seem to be as much of an issue as I initially thought it would be with the cable down. And yes, they sound great with Techno, House, and EDM in general. They do, however, seem rather fragile. I'll be also looking to get a pair of VsonicGR07 BE, simply for their solid construction (and the sound, of course), for on the go/gym. The Yams will mostly be used indoors. 

Dont worry about how they look mate. I had them for a fairly long time and cant say that I was extra careful with them and yet they never missed a beat.

I miss them so much that I will be buying another pair at the end of Novemeber, as they are still the best IEMs I've ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back