Yamaha EPH-100
Sep 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #3,436 of 4,690
I definitely can't afford those anyway. Aren't there any similar to the Ephs with higher bass? I actually tried apple earpods and found they had stronger bass (much ****ter clarity) but their bass is quiet good for 40$ earphones. There must be something like that around the EPH price point right?

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3,438 of 4,690
Check out the Shures SE215.
I definitely can't afford those anyway. Aren't there any similar to the Ephs with higher bass? I actually tried apple earpods and found they had stronger bass (much ****ter clarity) but their bass is quiet good for 40$ earphones. There must be something like that around the EPH price point right?

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #3,439 of 4,690
Sep 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #3,440 of 4,690
Read again, my friend: he said around EPH price, which is generally $100-$150 from what I've seen, and is exactly what the Shures run without and with a mic/remote, respectively. The SE215 aren't on quite the same level SQ wise, but they are close IMO, and have similar signatures, and I prefer the sound of the SE215, personally.

The Klipsch X10 might be a good one to check out, too, although it's a BA so the bass presentation will be very different from the earpods. Its still got a lot of high quality bass, though.
Quote:
  They're the same price as the Yamahas. Nowhere near $40.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #3,441 of 4,690
Mind pair finally ran out of mission. The right side only make a sound if I move the wire into certain spot, and it would not stay that way. I am in need for another headphone.

My pair served me +400 hours. I am debating rather to buy the same one or try something else? Who do you guys think?

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #3,442 of 4,690
If you really enjoyed them and were used to the sound, no reason not to stick with a good thing.

Quote:
  Mind pair finally ran out of mission. The right side only make a sound if I move the wire into certain spot, and it would not stay that way. I am in need for another headphone.

My pair served me +400 hours. I am debating rather to buy the same one or try something else? Who do you guys think?

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #3,444 of 4,690

Ah, sorry... misread his post. Do the Shures sound similar to the Yamahas? So many mixed reviews on them.

Hard to know if I'd like them considering you mention the Klipsch X10, and I HATED those things.. my god, I hated them. Way too bright for my ears.

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #3,445 of 4,690

So just What is with these and the right earpiece crapping out? Mine had the same thing happen. Honestly, I don't care that they have a lifetime warranty, I'll never buy them again, no matter how great I thought they sounded after proper burn-in. Not worth the hassle and aggravation.

I would just like to find something that sounds as close to them as possible, but with much better build quality... and without having to spend $250 or more.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #3,446 of 4,690
If you guys are tired of EPH-100 having issues, may I suggest you check out Yamaha's HPH-200 open air headphone.

Same Yamaha house sound and just as worthy as EPH-100 imo. There's not much information on them here though I can confirm owning a pair they sound very nice. Remembering they''re open air, so sound leakage will be mild and isolation, low.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #3,447 of 4,690
Thanks, but I'm an IEM kinda guy... only time I use over ear headphones is at home, while watching movies on my computer.

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3,448 of 4,690

So just What is with these and the right earpiece crapping out? Mine had the same thing happen. Honestly, I don't care that they have a lifetime warranty, I'll never buy them again, no matter how great I thought they sounded after proper burn-in. Not worth the hassle and aggravation.

I would just like to find something that sounds as close to them as possible, but with much better build quality... and without having to spend $250 or more.

If you haven't tried it yet, try taking the bud off and blowing into the speakers. If that doesn't work, bang the broken earphone into your hand several times. These earphones have major condensation issues and as someone that owned a pair, I experienced it around 4 or 5 times (in 3 months).

That said, no long-term problems persisted, it was just very annoying as I could hardly use these after a shower or when sweating (unless I q-tipped my ears every time)... Anyone buying these earphones needs to be warned about the fault, it was pretty shocking when it happened the first time.

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #3,449 of 4,690
Maybe the velodyne vpulse ?

Definitely a possibility, I've got a friend getting them soon, I'll definitely be trying them after what I've heard round here.

Check out the Shures SE215.

They look good but the problem is that they're over ear, which is a lot of effort for someone that uses earphones around university. Cheers for the suggestion!

Any more suggestions are certainly welcome!

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #3,450 of 4,690
Well the SE215 has less treble than the X10, but is a bit more tonally neutral/not as warm. I think SE215 is closer to EPH100's tonality than the X10, even though the X10 is technically superior. The SE215 treble is even smoother than the EPH100, but not as detailed.

Quote:

Ah, sorry... misread his post. Do the Shures sound similar to the Yamahas? So many mixed reviews on them.

Hard to know if I'd like them considering you mention the Klipsch X10, and I HATED those things.. my god, I hated them. Way too bright for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back