Yamaha EPH-100
Apr 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #3,242 of 4,690
Not rubbing alcohol. Do you think that would help if there is something shady going on inside the housing?

Well many others who reported this problem were able to fix it by cleaning the grille.

So unless the driver is loose inside the housing I doubt it could be anything else.

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #3,243 of 4,690
Quote:
Quote:
Not rubbing alcohol. Do you think that would help if there is something shady going on inside the housing?

Well many others who reported this problem were able to fix it by cleaning the grille.

So unless the driver is loose inside the housing I doubt it could be anything else.

Thanks, I'll give that a go later today and report back.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,244 of 4,690
Dear fellow listeners, as the Yamaha EPH100 earphones are now an Audio Affair exclusive in the UK, we thought you'd like to know that for all the ones we've sold, the percentage of faulty ones is very low. However, if you've purchased your EPH100s from Audio Affair and find they do develop a fault, please contact John in our customer services. We'll do some troubleshooting with you and if necessary, arrange a return. Once they come back and the fault has been confirmed, we'll send you a brand new set from stock. You can contact customer services using the e-mail address service(at)audioaffair.co.uk

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #3,245 of 4,690
Dear fellow listeners, as the Yamaha EPH100 earphones are now an Audio Affair exclusive in the UK, we thought you'd like to know that for all the ones we've sold, the percentage of faulty ones is very low. However, if you've purchased your EPH100s from Audio Affair and find they do develop a fault, please contact John in our customer services. We'll do some troubleshooting with you and if necessary, arrange a return. Once they come back and the fault has been confirmed, we'll send you a brand new set from stock. You can contact customer services using the e-mail address service(at)audioaffair.co.uk

So buying them in the US is out of the question?

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #3,246 of 4,690

Wow, you guys are awesome!

I bought mine from you last year about 7 months ago now and have had no issues whatsoever.

Its great to see that you venture to uphold such amazing customer relations.

So glad I bought them from you! :D

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #3,247 of 4,690
@djsubtronic
Yes, this is the exact problem I had with the right ear. This is called driver flex, where the driver moves about due to the suction inside the ear. Try asking your supplier/retailer for a replacement citing that this is a common issue. But, I have to say, never really seen someone have problems with the left ear.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,248 of 4,690
Quote:
@djsubtronic
Yes, this is the exact problem I had with the right ear. This is called driver flex, where the driver moves about due to the suction inside the ear. Try asking your supplier/retailer for a replacement citing that this is a common issue. But, I have to say, never really seen someone have problems with the left ear.

Thanks. I got mine from Audio Affair so as they just posted above looks like I'm getting myself a brand new pair :)
But what I find really curious is how does the driver flex cause the speaker to stop producing any sound AT ALL? I mean there can't be that much suction can it?

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #3,250 of 4,690
It's no bother at all! Where are you located? Audioaffair does international shipping if I'm not mistaken.

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #3,251 of 4,690
Quote:
It's no bother at all! Where are you located? Audioaffair does international shipping if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, and they are pretty much the only "Official" Yamaha EPH100 seller left lol

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3,252 of 4,690
Thanks. I got mine from Audio Affair so as they just posted above looks like I'm getting myself a brand new pair :)
But what I find really curious is how does the driver flex cause the speaker to stop producing any sound AT ALL? I mean there can't be that much suction can it?

Well, this is a dynamic driver, think of your typical bass speaker. If you push your hand on it then the sound becomes muffled or stops because the driver cannot vibrate. The hand is exactly what the air between your driver and eardrum does; it pushes against them. Sometimes you can temporarily fix this problem by inserting smaller size tips and lifting your ear upwards while inserting your earphones to minimize pressure in the ear.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3,253 of 4,690
Quote:

Any promo codes for this month?
:D

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,254 of 4,690
Quote:

Any promo codes for this month?
:D

+1

I want a second pair lol 
size]

May 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #3,255 of 4,690
Are these earphones right for my needs?

I'm after some portable earphones which I will pair with my Nexus 4 phone for music, movies and the odd bit of android gaming. (I may get a portable slim amp if you recommend)

I will use the phones whilst at the gym and commuting so I MUST have noise isolating ones which don't disturb passengers whilst I can block out noise from the outside world.

I'd like them to have good clarity, spatial awareness, bass and the type of Music which I may listen to now and gain is beats antique as shown in the video below

Beats Antique - Egyptic - YouTube

Budget £80-100

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back