Yamaha EPH-100
Aug 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #2,431 of 4,690
These definately seem affected by burn in....

First listen they sounded a bit thin and tinny to me and the treble/midrange sound was not very well integrated....

Now 3 days later and probably 15 hours playtime they are sounding a lot better.... Obviously this is partly getting used to the sound but they have definately improved. I was thinking of sending them back and keeping the Shures but then I just listened to the Shures again and they sounded a bit poor in comparison.... No treble, less detail, boomy bass, not good seperation/soundstage.... compared to the Yamahas

These are definately growing on me... Maybe I wont send them back after all!

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #2,432 of 4,690
That would be really strange
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #2,437 of 4,690
Quote:
I'm considering picking these up, but I'm a bit worried about the size of the buds. How do they fit narrow/small ear canals?  How many sizes does it include?

there tiny, my girlfriend is tiny and always uses the smallest tips on most iem and she just picked up a pair................... at least she wont be thieving mine anymore until her customs get here (pink of course)

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #2,438 of 4,690
Quote:
I'm considering picking these up, but I'm a bit worried about the size of the buds. How do they fit narrow/small ear canals?  How many sizes does it include?

I found them to be ear-cloggers. I loved the sound but couldn't get used to the size of the barrel; that only got larger once tips were mounted on them. Also unforgiving in the event of a subtle curvature in the ear canal.

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #2,439 of 4,690

There's five different sizes, and the barrel (or nozel) is 6mm in diameter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back