Yamaha EPH-100
Jul 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2,356 of 4,690
hi all.. been using the ephs for a few months.. totally love it.. something sinister happened 2 hours ago though.. the volume on the right side suddenly dropped drastically.. enough for me to think that it's faulty.. problem doesn't lie with the source (iphone 4s in case you're wondering) as there wasn't any sound even when i plugged it into my laptop..

and then.. miracle.. i went to take a shower.. tried it again.. and wow it works..

anyone experienced this before? i guess something inside is messed up and the problem will surface again.. problem is.. i bought my pair from audioaffair and im currently working in HK.. exchange is gonna be a hassle..

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #2,357 of 4,690
Quote:
hi all.. been using the ephs for a few months.. totally love it.. something sinister happened 2 hours ago though.. the volume on the right side suddenly dropped drastically.. enough for me to think that it's faulty.. problem doesn't lie with the source

Problem with the small vents in the side, they must not be obstructed.
If you keep your fingers on them, or if dust go through them, there will be a problem.
I got exact same problem with my senn IE7.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #2,359 of 4,690
The same happened to me couple of time, and i think the reason is humidity. There is moist on the mesh after long listening periods, guess these phones are especially vulnerable to it
Quote:
hi all.. been using the ephs for a few months.. totally love it.. something sinister happened 2 hours ago though.. the volume on the right side suddenly dropped drastically.. enough for me to think that it's faulty..

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #2,360 of 4,690
hi all.. been using the ephs for a few months.. totally love it.. something sinister happened 2 hours ago though.. the volume on the right side suddenly dropped drastically.. enough for me to think that it's faulty.. problem doesn't lie with the source (iphone 4s in case you're wondering) as there wasn't any sound even when i plugged it into my laptop..

and then.. miracle.. i went to take a shower.. tried it again.. and wow it works..

anyone experienced this before? i guess something inside is messed up and the problem will surface again.. problem is.. i bought my pair from audioaffair and im currently working in HK.. exchange is gonna be a hassle..

I tell you what I think happened.

As we're aware moisture builds up on the grills, which evaporates (for what reason we don't know completely) enough moisture in-fact that it could well of blocked the tiny holes partially blocking the sound. Make sure you check the grills if it happens again. Also clean the grills once a week with a "small amount" of alcohol on a q-tip rubbing it over the grill lightly. When you do this face the nozel side ways so there's less chance of alcohol running inside the housing.

Sounds like the moisture evaporated whilst you were in the shower.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,362 of 4,690
HELP!

how to change the eartips?  are too tight.

many hours burning do you recommend?

At first I had problems changing th ear tips as well. The trick isn't to pull on the tips themselves as they are sort of like a condom on the metal frame. Put your index and thumb on the metal and rock the deepest part of the tip back and forth till it budges.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #2,364 of 4,690
:S

video plsssssssss

What you need to do is break the seal around the sections I've shown. Use your finger nail to push that section off the housing all the way round first

That section is preventing it from sliding off. Once you break that seal (where the rubber is grabbing the aluminium) it should come away.

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #2,365 of 4,690
Quote:
The same happened to me couple of time, and i think the reason is humidity. There is moist on the mesh after long listening periods, guess these phones are especially vulnerable to it

Quote:
I tell you what I think happened.
As we're aware moisture builds up on the grills, which evaporates (for what reason we don't know completely) enough moisture in-fact that it could well of blocked the tiny holes partially blocking the sound...

thanks guys.. this sounds quite plausible.. though i am now shuddering to think how waterproof the electrical components inside the EPH could possibly be..

sometimes for big corporations like yamaha who earn way more $$ and hence allocate way more $$ to other product lines.. one really wonders how much thought was given to some of their less glorified products such as these.. wont be surprised if the development was bought off the shelf from some dude somewhere and yamaha simply stuck their label on the product.. either how.. the EPH is still good.. let's just hope its durability is decent.. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,366 of 4,690
I have noticed that the Yamaha EPH-100 only comes with one set of tips and that these tips cannot be purchased from Yamaha (pretty poor really but not much I can do about it)....

They have a weird sized nozzle and I have read that people have problems finding new tips for them.... Can anyone confirm which tips can fit or be maybe modded/stretched to fit the EPH-100?

Thanks

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #2,368 of 4,690
Quote:
I have noticed that the Yamaha EPH-100 only comes with one set of tips and that these tips cannot be purchased from Yamaha (pretty poor really but not much I can do about it)....

They have a weird sized nozzle and I have read that people have problems finding new tips for them.... Can anyone confirm which tips can fit or be maybe modded/stretched to fit the EPH-100?

Thanks

Have a look some pages back, as that was discussed some days ago. I'm waiting for some cheap foams from eBay that I believe will fit them, and H20Fidelity found some bi-flange tips (also on eBay, IIRC) that are close to the original ones... 

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #2,370 of 4,690
Quote:
Is that the only options? Ones from ebay australia? I live in UK...

Well, my foams are coming from the USA and I live in Portugal. Can't see much of a problem there, except the for time it takes to arrive... And it's better to have some few options, rather than none! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back