Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #2,041 of 4,690
Quote:
FYI, you can get these on Audio Affair with 10% Off for this weekend only if you use the code "10OFF".

I'm gonna order these later today with the code. 
etysmile.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,044 of 4,690
Quote:
Will Audio Affair ship to the States?

Affirmative... and the price will be a bit cheaper than advertised as shipping is less than VAT.  I paid $119 USD total a week ago and that was without any discount, so if the conversion rate is the same it should come out to about $107.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,045 of 4,690
Quote:

Quote:
FYI, if anyone is going to use the 10% Off Code for Audio Affair, hurry up because the code expires in roughly 6 hours and 10 minutes from my current post.

It expires at 9 AM on June 25th at UK Time.

thanks...purchased!!

now wait 20 days to get my hands haha

the question a bit early, but how many hours of burn in need headphones?

sansa fuze currently a source. need another player or amplifier for best performance?

greetings.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #2,048 of 4,690
Quote:

sansa fuze currently a source. need another player or amplifier for best performance?

greetings.

Source no, the fuze like the clip works very well certainly the best mtach i've heard to date.

Amp wise it depends, i have a p4 warbler and love it, but a headstage arrow with a fuze, should be a very nice combo.

You can use a line out with a fuze of course.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,049 of 4,690
I'm away working at the moment, but my wife tells me a package arrived at home in Melbourne from Audio Affair yesterday, 9 days since I ordered.  Impressed so far, can't wait to try them tomorrow!

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #2,050 of 4,690
So got mine in from Audio Affair.

These sound really nice.  Not perfect, but maybe my favorite IEM yet... have used Ety ER-4P/HF2, Shure E4c/500/535, maybe one or two others over the years.  Not the last word in detail but perhaps a more 'speakerlike' presentation than I've experienced with in-ears, perhaps due to these being my first dynamics.  Sounds just fine out of my iPhone, which will be great for days where I'll be moving around alot.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #2,053 of 4,690
I paired my EPH-100 with Cowon S9 last night. I know I've said previously they didn't go well together. It's been about a month since I've owned my Cowon I've become more familiar with the EQ. I can pleasantly say this was the best I've heard them yet. Better than the Clip+. It still lacks a smidgen of clarity in the mids though the sound stage is epic like this. 

Here's the settings I came up with.

80hz 10 Normal
300hz 4 Wide
1.4kHz 0 Narrow
4.1kHz 6 Normal
11.7kHz 8 Wide

BBE 5
Mach3Bass 4
3D 3
MP off

Stereo Enhance Off
Reverb Off

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #2,055 of 4,690
Quote:
They really match the design of your mp3 player. What is your mp3 player by the way ?

thanks.  Its a cube c30, class A amp inside along with 20hrs battery life.

sound quality wise just below my teclast t51/sflo2  and streaks ahead of my clip zip.   

Still holding out on giving my eph-100 till i have finished my burn sounds much better on the cube than the zip (by like 1000) from what im hearing so far.  Having to use the zo with the clip to make the 100's sound enjoyable so far but still find them lacking in some areas.  Its early days so ill see after a bit of brain burn and driver burn.  From what im picking up on lately from others is the iem's do seam to be tempremental depending on the source used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back