Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,026 of 4,690
Ordered the EPH-100 yesterday with the 10% off coupon
smily_headphones1.gif
. Now the waiting starts. It will easily take 1 month for sure
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #2,027 of 4,690
Quote:
Well i've been looking around, and i've only gone and ordered the rocoo dap.

The sound signature to me, sounded like the perfect match to the little yamahas.

I currently use my sansa slip and p4 warbler, but wanted something a bit more portable.

Anyway for £89 i just couldn't say no.

what model you get hux?   id be interested in a P for £89.......... where'd u pick it up if it is.

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #2,030 of 4,690
Jun 23, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,031 of 4,690
Quote:
They told me 14-18 days still waiting.

What the best MP3 player right now?
I am using the Sony A Series and they not laud enough.

Clip+ pairs well with EPH-100, I have several sources finding they perform best using original firmware and custom EQ of your choice. My Cowon player doesn't sound best with these, but performs excellently with TF10. I know to well about the volume cap on Sony Walkmans, They're one of the worse for it. Mine doesn't respond after 20/30

I tried pairing EPH with Fiio E10 last night and there was no real improvement, sure it was louder but it seemed to exaggerate their slightly docile treble. if anything they sounded worse to my ears, like they were struggling and became thinner. I can't say it enough from my opinion these do not like being amped or need it. My Turbines however completely rock coming out of E10 as do my TF10.  

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2,033 of 4,690
Quote:
That's curious , I found that the rockboxed eq with sansa sucks.Cowon allow much more efficient eq-ing.

I'm not talking about using rockbox with EPH. Original firmware. I've tried them both. The Cowon player is great for my Triple-fi 10 and remains paired with it full time. My EPH-100 stay paired with a Clip+ on stock firmware. I guess the only for each individuals ears is to try both.  

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #2,035 of 4,690
Quote:
They told me 14-18 days still waiting.

What the best MP3 player right now?
I am using the Sony A Series and they not laud enough.

I am using Nationite Nanite N2 player

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,037 of 4,690
Quote:
Clip+ pairs well with EPH-100, I have several sources finding they perform best using original firmware and custom EQ of your choice. My Cowon player doesn't sound best with these, but performs excellently with TF10. I know to well about the volume cap on Sony Walkmans, They're one of the worse for it. Mine doesn't respond after 20/30

I tried pairing EPH with Fiio E10 last night and there was no real improvement, sure it was louder but it seemed to exaggerate their slightly docile treble. if anything they sounded worse to my ears, like they were struggling and became thinner. I can't say it enough from my opinion these do not like being amped or need it. My Turbines however completely rock coming out of E10 as do my TF10.  

Which Cowon do you have? the J3 look NICE.

Jun 24, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #2,038 of 4,690
Quote:
what model you get hux?   id be interested in a P for £89.......... where'd u pick it up if it is.

RoCoo D.

From what i can gather, it's the lower impedance version, as many complained about the background hiss.

As for where ebay mate.

I also have a cowon S9, and the eph100 doesn't pair well at all. My little sansa fuze loves it so im hoping the rocoo will be even better.

Especially as lugging around my p4, is bit of an affair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hisoundaudio-PDAA-1-RoCoo-D-Standard-Version-Hi-Fi-Music-Player-/290644370136?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item43abc122d8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back