Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #1,983 of 4,690
As i said i'm really enjoying my eph-100 but this is my first approach to top notch iem, so i'd like to know, what can be a good complement? by good complement i mean that i'd like to hear what i'm maybe missing with the eph. The re-zero should be a good choise right? other suggestion? 

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #1,984 of 4,690
Quote:
As i said i'm really enjoying my eph-100 but this is my first approach to top notch iem, so i'd like to know, what can be a good complement? by good complement i mean that i'd like to hear what i'm maybe missing with the eph. The re-zero should be a good choise right? other suggestion? 

re-zero has a different sound signature, more mid-forward and less bassy. with less bassy I mean that re-zero has that kind of bass you hear rather than feel, lacking a body and a rumble. so if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music, re-zero might not be a good choice.
wheter you will hear more microdetail with the re-zero or not depends on your ears... the eph-100 is quite detailed as it is.
you could always check out the jvc-fxt90 or the v-sonic gr07.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #1,985 of 4,690
Quote:
re-zero has a different sound signature, more mid-forward and less bassy. with less bassy I mean that re-zero has that kind of bass you hear rather than feel, lacking a body and a rumble. so if you listen to a lot of bass heavy music, re-zero might not be a good choice.
wheter you will hear more microdetail with the re-zero or not depends on your ears... the eph-100 is quite detailed as it is.
you could always check out the jvc-fxt90 or the v-sonic gr07.

i'm not fixes with some kind of music and listen only to the gender, also i believe that a different sound signature can bring to love something that you've never considered. Maybe i'm wrong. Bt the way a different sound signature is really what i'm asking for 
wink.gif
 thx for the advice!

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,990 of 4,690
Quote:
I order a set on Sunday 6-17-12 no confirmation number, no tracking number, tried to Email them got Email error says (this Email address is no longer take mail) and i can't log in to Audio Affair web site either.

Did you use paypal? Do you have a verified account? It maybe take a few days if you don't (they mention this).

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #1,991 of 4,690
Quote:
Cheers, H20Fidelity. Ha. I probably should've mentioned that I'm in Australia, so ordering anything from the UK generally isn't that cost effective. Curse the pound!
I've found them here for quite a decent price:
http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/yamaha-inner-headphone-eph100-silver-p-4880.html
I may just bite!

Shame I didnt see that site before I ordered mine from Audio Affair last week.  Ended up being about $115 AUD shipped.  Shipped early this week so hopefully wont take too long to arrive.

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #1,992 of 4,690
Quote:

I'm in the same predicament, looking for that next step from EPH. I own TF10 which certainly have more detail but lose that musical feeling EPH-100 have. When I listen to TF10 they sound like a precision listening instrument, they're slightly clearer, brighter have better separation and placement, though I lose that impact / fun factor from the Yamaha's, however I gain wider soundstage better detail with TF10. EPH is more musical though. TF10 sound very precise.

REO I've considered but their bass turns me away, I can just handle TF10 bass which I find light at times especially sub-bass I have Klipsch X10 coming which scored .2 lower than EPH in Jokers review but are meant to retain a similar musical sound. I"m leaning towards the GRO7 as my next purchase. Could be a possible contender for yourself.

Quote:
I order a set on Sunday 6-17-12 no confirmation number, no tracking number, tried to Email them got Email error says (this Email address is no longer take mail) and i can't log in to Audio Affair web site either.

They have very active facebook page, as you can see others have vouched for them in above posts.

Keep trying to get in contact with them.

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #1,993 of 4,690
Quote:
I'm in the same predicament, looking for that next step from EPH. I own TF10 which certainly have more detail but lose that musical feeling EPH-100 have. When I listen to TF10 they sound like a precision listening instrument, they're slightly clearer, brighter have better separation and placement, though I lose that impact / fun factor from the Yamaha's, however I gain wider soundstage better detail with TF10. EPH is more musical though. TF10 sound very precise.

REO I've considered but their bass turns me away, I can just handle TF10 bass which I find light at times especially sub-bass I have Klipsch X10 coming which scored .2 lower than EPH in Jokers review but are meant to retain a similar musical sound. I"m leaning towards the GRO7 as my next purchase. Could be a possible contender for yourself.

They have very active facebook page, as you can see others have vouched for them in above posts.

Keep trying to get in contact with them.

I call  them this morning, they're waiting for Yamaha to shipped to them and they will send them out to me, take about 15-18 days.

I think they are legit
biggrin.gif

What other choice beside EPH100 in quality?

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #1,994 of 4,690
Quote:

I call  them this morning, they're waiting for Yamaha to shipped to them and they will send them out to me, take about 15-18 days.

I think they are legit
biggrin.gif

FWIW, I ordered last Sat. and got no shipping confirmation.  Emailed yesterday and got a response back this morning indicating they were shipped on the 18th with TN, and indeed they've left England.

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #1,995 of 4,690
Quote:

I think they are legit
biggrin.gif

There's lots of choices. For example here's what Joker said in reply to someone asking for an alternative to EPH-100.

@jokerl 

as i asked in the eph thread :

Thx! and nice work :D u really deserve the UM Miracle 
wink.gif

Thanks!

I would try something armature-based instead of the ZERO, maybe an Ety HF5 or Fischer Audio SBA-03/MEElec A161 (or a Brainwavz B2 if still on pre-order) just to sample the more crisp delivery. Ultimately the bass of the EPH-100 is rather strong and the resolution in the treble leaves something to be desired. An earphone with flatter bass and better treble quality should 'fill in' whatever you are missing with the EPH-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back