Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,966 of 4,690
Quote:
I agree with amping with IEMs, especially with the FiiO E11. Better treble (more refined) and of course, more bass (Bass Boost enabled - EQ2/High Gain). Anything below the E11, just forget. E11 or JDS Labs Cmoy BB or JDS Labs C421 does improve the sound of ANY phone. It's not just the volume as some people say. Also the cable you use from your source to the amp makes a difference. For eg., the ZO2 cable is MUCH better than the FiiO cable (with the FiiO E11). You can hear things you can't with the FiiO cable. It's a more analytical cable that's perfect for warm, less analytical phones.

EDIT: whats the fuss about those JVC's?

From your experience, does amping benefit the SQ of the EPH-100?

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #1,967 of 4,690
I don't know exactly as I didn't use amplification with them. I no longer have the EPH-100's. But it should. I feel that a FiiO E11 can improve that sort of "dry" treble.

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #1,968 of 4,690
So, my barely one year old GR07 are no more. Long story short, I think either myself or my dad ran them over. I'm thinking the EPH are where I should go next; I'm hearing fantastic things. Have you guys got any recommendations on where to buy a set?

Also, in a very small nutshell - as I'm sure it's been said here before - what are the main pros/cons that I'll be facing going to the EPH from the GR07?

Many thanks, guys.

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #1,969 of 4,690
Quote:
So, my barely one year old GR07 are no more. Long story short, I think either myself or my dad ran them over. I'm thinking the EPH are where I should go next; I'm hearing fantastic things. Have you guys got any recommendations on where to buy a set?
Also, in a very small nutshell - as I'm sure it's been said here before - what are the main pros/cons that I'll be facing going to the EPH from the GR07?
Many thanks, guys.

Sure, 
smile.gif

Audio Affair is your best bet, you won't find anywhere cheaper from my understanding. II haven't heard GRO7 sorry (I cancelled the order) Maybe someone else can chime in for you. None the less two months in I'm still very happy with my purchase along with others.  

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #1,970 of 4,690
Sure, :smile:

Audio Affair is your best bet, you won't find anywhere cheaper from my understanding. II haven't heard GRO7 sorry (I cancelled the order) Maybe someone else can chime in for you. None the less two months in I'm still very happy with my purchase along with others.

Cheers, H20Fidelity. Ha. I probably should've mentioned that I'm in Australia, so ordering anything from the UK generally isn't that cost effective. Curse the pound!

I've found them here for quite a decent price:

http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/yamaha-inner-headphone-eph100-silver-p-4880.html

I may just bite!

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #1,971 of 4,690
Quote:
Cheers, H20Fidelity. Ha. I probably should've mentioned that I'm in Australia, so ordering anything from the UK generally isn't that cost effective. Curse the pound!
http://www.gimmedigi.com/catalog/yamaha-inner-headphone-eph100-silver-p-4880.html
I may just bite!

You're in luck, here they are for $99 in Australia. But they're on back order. (until July I think)

I'm also from Oz. 
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #1,972 of 4,690
^^ I just clicked your link ^^ I'd say go for it! 
biggrin.gif
 They're in stock and not all that much more than Exeltek.

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #1,973 of 4,690
Quote:
You're in luck, here they are for $99 in Australia. But they're on back order. (until July I think)

I'm also from Oz. 
wink.gif

Ha. Good snooping, mang. I had stumbled across the Exeltek listing a few days ago and was gutted, albeit not at all surprised to see that they were out of stock. I emailed them earlier today asking what the situation is exactly, so hopefully they can confirm and I'll be sure to let you all know. If it's a seemingly indefinite time-frame, I'll just go via the first link; as with everything, I'd rather have it sooner than later
etysmile.gif

Thanks again!

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #1,975 of 4,690
Quote:
miow and Techno Kid have or have had both the GR07 and the EPH-100.

Thanks, dude. I may have to get in touch with them.

Another query: does the EPH-100 cater well to the genres of 'metal' & 'rock'? That's predominantly what is currently filling out my J3. After the revelation that 64gb SDXC cards actually are compatible, I'm gonna have to get one of those, too
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #1,976 of 4,690
So, I decided to opt for the GR07 again; boring, I know, but they indeed are a fantastic earphone and I took for granted just how comfortable I found them to be. I don't know if I want to risk an ill-fit again. Radius DDM, anyone?

Also, for any Autralians interested in the EPH-100, Exeltek did reply with confirmation that they'll most likely have stock in July and for the same awesome price of 100AUD. There is some sort of worldwide shortage, apparently. Who knows? And I'm not sure if they ship internationally, but I'm guessing not.

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,977 of 4,690
Quote:
I may just bite!

page reliable?
blink.gif

has anyone bought there?

(us)

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #1,978 of 4,690
I am still waiting on mine from Audio Affair to be received in Australia. I have checked the Royal Mail tracking code they gave me and it says the item has landed in Australia on the 7th of June but I haven't received it and if I had, I doubt that there would be any update to the shipping status... booo. Send them an email so I can get some idea of delivery timeframes but for now, I suppose I will just have to sit tight and wait...

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,979 of 4,690
For those of you who are bassheads and have been thinking about getting the EPH-100, the following post could be interesting:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604094/the-ath-cks77-big-roomy-detailed-balanced-n-i-am-not-just-talking-about-the-bass/1170#post_8469952

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #1,980 of 4,690
Quote:
page reliable?
blink.gif

has anyone bought there?

(us)

Dunno, mang. They did send me an email asking why I had left the EPH-100 in my cart, but not checked them out. I replied saying that I was still considering a few other sets and I received a prompt reply thanking me for that, which wasn't automatically generated. So, If that conduct is any indication, they seem legit. I think they have Paypal, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back