Yamaha EPH-100
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #1,531 of 4,690
I like a size below than my normal size = deeper but slightly loose = biggest soundstage.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #1,532 of 4,690

Quote:
thx man...i'll try and i'll let u know! cause today i think that is my really physical limit...they barely stay in! by the way the bass is already enough, really really enough! i love how they sound, hoping to get better comfort! i'll burn them in with Scenes of a memory 
basshead.gif

gs1000.gif

Thats ok, I reached my physical limit too at the secondd day or so. Then suddenly the pain disappeared and I no longer felt the tips in my ears.  

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #1,534 of 4,690
speaking in terms of sound quality, i enjoyed them most with my piano! i've played it for years and i know very well how does it normally sound with headphones, i was really surprised for how crystal the sound was
rolleyes.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #1,535 of 4,690

Quote:
speaking in terms of sound quality, i enjoyed them most with my piano! i've played it for years and i know very well how does it normally sound with headphones, i was really surprised for how crystal the sound was
rolleyes.gif

oh....my wife use a CAL for that purpose, and really isnt a really piano pure sound.

Your avatar is simple  beautifully, actually i think EPH are one of most cute iem's in scene.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #1,537 of 4,690
To me they are, at least out-doors.

Imagine you have on a  terrace cafe table, an iPhone+EPH or a IP+ASG-1, which set do you think is the cutest?
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,538 of 4,690
I dunno, the EPH just look very generic to me, as does the iPhone, so you're asking the wrong person :p

Personally I think a Cowon J3 + those Earsonics v2s in your avatar would be much more attractive 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
To me they are, at least out-doors.

Imagine you have on a  terrace cafe table, an iPhone+EPH or a IP+ASG-1, which set do you think is the cutest?
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,540 of 4,690
eheheh....too expensive for my taste.

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #1,542 of 4,690
I have to say these little Yamaha's have become my favorite go-to phones. They are just so comfortable I forget they are there and the sound has just the right balance of tight punchy bass, liquid detailed midrange and detailed extended  treble with out the slightest sibilance (with the right tips, bi-flange). The only time they don't impress is with low quality streams or bad recordings although they really are polite about them. Not as polite as my Stax electrets but close - I can listen to these for hours.

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #1,543 of 4,690
In terms of bass, is it comparable in terms of quality/quantity to other full size IEM dynamic drivers? How about sub-bass? Can you 'feel' it at lower frequencies? Is this IEM very musical or analytical? I have read things about the 'odd' treble before. Could someone elaborate on this?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back