Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #1,456 of 4,690
For me, more important is how the original recording was made.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,458 of 4,690

Quote:
As of now I found that the stock factory tips that came with my Yamahas are providing me with the most comfort and they isolate the best for me while keeping microphonics to a minimum. 

That's what I'm getting also

I've tried some tiny foamies. But they felt too pressurized in my ears. Then I tried some different tips with a hour of pushing them on and they didn't have enough suction.

I switched back to the xs tips and they seem fine.

(I'm also wearing them up over my ears to kill off some Microphonics. Which, there still is some left, but nothing noticeable)

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,460 of 4,690

Quote:

I've got 100+ burned and the EPH-100 were sounding great.

... Before I listened to my T50RP, and then I grew sad.
Why do my T50RP have to sound so good? The bass is enough to make me cry.

Still, the EPH-100's remind me of mini-T50RP's that I can actually use outside!

yes, 100+ is the turning point.

You cry with T50RP, because you are just looking at the Bass, for me bass in EPH is on point .... but of course, if put my TD100, also cry his bass (boomy), but missing the rest on it, even the real good bass of EPH.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #1,461 of 4,690

Quote:
yes, 100+ is the turning point.

You cry with T50RP, because you are just looking at the Bass, for me bass in EPH is on point .... but of course, if put my TD100, also cry his bass (boomy), but missing the rest on it, even the real good bass of EPH.

Right now after 20 hours the bass has really gotten to a level where I find myself turning it down due to it being overwhelming. Just for my needs and using them on my iPhone 4 they are perfect and even thought I am pretty sure there are other earphones that may sound better I am not about to spend $400 on something just for a small change here or there that may not even be detectable at all times. This is also the first time that I don't have fit issues or ear tips problems. They just go in and and I don't feel them. There is none of that weird pressure in my ears that I experienced before where I had to keep fiddling with an earphone insertion.

Others users experience will differ from mine so take this with a grain of salt but for my music and source they are a good match. My search for earphone nirvana  is done for awhile and my wallet is happy that I only spend $149. Possibly next year and depending on how much they cost and the reviews they get, I may look into getting the Aurisonic dual driver earphone after it is out for awhile.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #1,462 of 4,690
If I have to play clean up one more time, I will start issuing infractions.  Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks.  

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,463 of 4,690

Quote:
Right now after 20 hours the bass has really gotten to a level where I find myself turning it down due to it being overwhelming. Just for my needs and using them on my iPhone 4 they are perfect and even thought I am pretty sure there are other earphones that may sound better I am not about to spend $400 on something just for a small change here or there that may not even be detectable at all times. This is also the first time that I don't have fit issues or ear tips problems. They just go in and and I don't feel them. There is none of that weird pressure in my ears that I experienced before where I had to keep fiddling with an earphone insertion.

Others users experience will differ from mine so take this with a grain of salt but for my music and source they are a good match. My search for earphone nirvana  is done for awhile and my wallet is happy that I only spend $149. Possibly next year and depending on how much they cost and the reviews they get, I may look into getting the Aurisonic dual driver earphone after it is out for awhile.

Well, considering (Headphone vs. Earphone) the EPH-100's are a really good performer

Now, I won't say they're a giant killer, but the amount of pure SQ you are delivered is truly astonishing

I've found (after T50RP test) the bass to be just enough to a neutral signature to be called "punchy". The mids aren't recessed, in a way, but just veiled most of the time when they aren't the loudest on the waveform-they really aren't noticed-and the highs actually started to really sharpen. 

One thing I need to point out. If you're going deep-insert with the stock tips: Turn the earphone through your ear when you take them out. Otherwise, the flanges turn into your ear and try to stay put. It causes irritation. "ow!" All you need to do is turn the earphone in some direction to force the flanges sideways and then pull out without pain.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,464 of 4,690
Did a little back to back with my sleek customs vs the yammies. I noticed the sleeks have more detail, not a lot but it's there yet whilst listening to little girl blue, the wire brush at the start is there and is nice.

But with the yammies, it really jumps out, like you can feel the brush stroking on the drum, it comes in gently and builds you really get a feel for it, can't really describe it better than that.

It was very palpable.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #1,465 of 4,690
Well, seems that the Yamahas are becoming popular now ; )

EDIT: Damn, you should listen to that with the SONY XB500's. lol. The Yamahas sound anemic :D

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #1,466 of 4,690
Just got the EPH-100. So far I'm very impressed. I didn't expect much but I think they're as good as my Grados.

Obviously they don't stand a chance against my Senns and Hifimans... 

But I'm very impressed. The bass is better than I thought it would be. They're good enough for house music and such genres.

Update: The bass might even be overwhelming on other genres than dubstep/ electro. 

But what I like the most is the "soundstage", it doesn't feel nearly as compressed as all the cheaper IEM's I've heard. 

Mids could be a little bit more forward but they sure a very relaxing. 

I also like the extension cable. I haven't tested all the different sizes but it seems like the ones that come on it fits perfectly.

This is not good for my wallet, I might have to get a TOTL IEM now... 

This is by far my best buy in audio so far, price/performance wise. Now I actually can't wait to take the train to work on a school project so I can enjoy these guys, that's a first. :) 

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,468 of 4,690

Quote:
Well, seems that the Yamahas are becoming popular now ; )

EDIT: Damn, you should listen to that with the SONY XB500's. lol. The Yamahas sound anemic :D

Don't have those, i have the bigger brother my ultrasone pro 900's and tbh it's not the same, bassy but that's it.

Admittedly i to have a vinyl flac rip so that'll be much better than any youtube link provides.

One thing i did notice, the yamahas present in a very different way, takes quite a while to adjust and some folk might not adjust at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back