Yamaha EPH-100
Jul 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #4,081 of 4,690
  My friend bought me a pair of EPH-100 from Japan, it doesnt feel fake, but yamaha logo seems to be fading with time. How about yours guys??

Mine too...but they still sound damned good!
gs1000.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #4,082 of 4,690
  I just got these from Amazon, and while I enjoy the soundstage/presentation and general lushness of them, I find the bass to be too emphasized. I enjoy bass, but I find that I have to turn the whole volume up to get clarity from mids and trebles, and that makes the bass overly fatiguing.

Does anyone have recommendations for what to try next?

- Looking for $75-$150 range
- Coming from an Earsonics SM3 that lost a channel (enjoyed those thoroughly though)
- Enveloping soundstage/presentation

I'm thinking about the RE-400 at this point?

Update on this. The bass seems to have substantially burnt off over the first 10 hours of listening. I've never had a stance on burn in, but the bass seems much humbler now. I thought maybe it just burnt off my hearing, but I had my wife take a listen and she said the bass seemed totally normal (thought I didn't have her check them out the first go round.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #4,083 of 4,690
  The bass seems to have substantially burnt off over the first 10 hours of listening. I've never had a stance on burn in, but the bass seems much humbler now.

You may try the next bigger earbuds just to see if the bass gets lower.
For me the ones that came with iem body were a bit tight so I tried the next smaller one and observed that bass was uncomfortably more. So I reverted back to the next bigger ones and the bass got normal. You may also try some different sizes to get bass as per your taste. Just a suggestion.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #4,084 of 4,690
Guys when trying to differentiate the original ones from fake ones, dont mention anything about the printed logo, mines logo was fading with time and its bought from a Yamaha store in Tokyo... 

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #4,085 of 4,690
In a matter 10 minutes sifting from page 190 - 158. I found this many users with the problem. You can also add myself and ich1ban to the above (who has had four pairs) = +2 more users. Now, I could of gone deeper into the thread though chose not to because I feel that was enough.

i bought mines from bh in nyc back in december 2014, i've had this issue three times.  I thought it was an issue with my phone until a google search led me here.  I guess it could be moisture buildup.  It usually fixes itself if I take off and leave alone for a few hours.  Given I enjoy these headphones more that any previously owned, I can deal with it. At least now I know what it is.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #4,088 of 4,690

Those tips look good, and I'm looking for replacement. Did you remember where you got them ? Thank you

I'm sorry, I really can't recall where I got it from.
I suggest try Meelec eartips, or try search in Lunashops, this one looks similar:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2468

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #4,090 of 4,690
Hello to all! This is my first post!
From the begging English is not my mother language so if i something write sorry for that.
I see here lot of guys writing for fake not fake eph 100.
What i want to say i ordered one from china for around 28 euros. The quality is really good mid and treble is very clear. Bass is not bad but not too hard like on my old beats tour or sound magic e10 (not too heavy).
What i want to say if someone think to buy for low price it will be a great deal. I still don't know its fake or real (but for me its seems to be original). I can add some pictures to check.
Here is the link to buy  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Brand-new-genuine-in-retail-box-EPH-100-Earphones-EPH100-for-Yamaha-Professional-In/1891624987.html

Its 100% same product arrived to me (like on the pictures, of course brand new, not opened, newer used).

My question is (for peoples who have and knows that have original) does it have a same sound quality what i have write previously?

BR Rabmog987

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #4,091 of 4,690
  Hello to all! This is my first post!
From the begging English is not my mother language so if i something write sorry for that.
I see here lot of guys writing for fake not fake eph 100.
What i want to say i ordered one from china for around 28 euros. The quality is really good mid and treble is very clear. Bass is not bad but not too hard like on my old beats tour or sound magic e10 (not too heavy).
What i want to say if someone think to buy for low price it will be a great deal. I still don't know its fake or real (but for me its seems to be original). I can add some pictures to check.
Here is the link to buy  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Brand-new-genuine-in-retail-box-EPH-100-Earphones-EPH100-for-Yamaha-Professional-In/1891624987.html

Its 100% same product arrived to me (like on the pictures, of course brand new, not opened, newer used).

My question is (for peoples who have and knows that have original) does it have a same sound quality what i have write previously?

BR Rabmog987

How about the accessories:
Five sizes of ear pads ?
6.3 mm (1/4”) adapter ?
2 m (78-3/4”) extension cable ?
Soft carrying case ?

Are there all of them included?

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #4,094 of 4,690

How about the accessories:
Five sizes of ear pads ?
6.3 mm (1/4”) adapter ?
2 m (78-3/4”) extension cable ?
Soft carrying case ?

Are there all of them included?

There are only two possibilities here:

1) Aliexpress likes to lose a good deal of money on EPH-100 transactions.

2) You received a counterfeit at the price of 28 euros (VERY likely).

You know the old saying, "when it looks too good to be true, it is".

Typical margin on audio hardware for resellers is 40-50 points, sometimes more if a unit has been put on discontinued clearance, or if the reseller buys in bulk. But not MUCH more, sometimes the only concession to the reseller is free freight. Additional discounts can occur for things like B-stock (slight cosmetic blemish etc), or even opened/returned/refurbished stock that still carries a warranty.

In the U.S. these 'phones retail for $199, but can be found for a street price of more like $130 or so. Even if a reseller were just looking to get rid of their stock of EPH-100 (not sure why they would when it is a very popular model), you'd still be paying someplace in the neighborhood of $100.

I'm not sure what the equivalent official retail, or "street" prices would be in Europe, but I am sure it can't be 28 euros for the genuine article.

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #4,095 of 4,690
I stumbled on them 2 weeks ago on Aliexpress and out of curiosity I've ordered one - different seller, similar price (36$).
I assume they are fake but I'm curious how good they are for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back