Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,691 of 4,690
What settings do you use?

On my iPods I simply select "Settings" -> "EQ" -> "Treble Booster".

Most of the time though, I use my laptop, JRiver Media Center 18 and a 1 Ohm modified CEntransce DACPort DAC/AMP with the following EQ settings. I should mention that I can't hear above about 12 kHz, but for some reason I can definitely hear some difference changing even the 16 kHz bar.

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #3,692 of 4,690
Might see if I can replicate those with Poweramp.

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #3,693 of 4,690
Hi Ghisy--

Yes, those tips are for iems with a 5.5 mm nozzle, so they can stretch a bit to fit the esp100's nozzle. This is probably why I found them to be a bit small. Since it will be a tight fit, they won't slip off the nozzle.

I was poking around, and I believe they're the ones I got to fit the Yamahas, but when stretched, they became too small for my ears.

As far as I can see, these 5.5 mm tips are your best bet. Hope you find some that will fit you.

Hi shuto77,

Thanks for the advice.

I was browsing MEElectronics' website and found these ones. They are 6 mm as the EPH-100. Do you think they would fit?

I still have a few days to return the Yamahas to Amazon but I really like their sound signature. The only thing that bothers me is those stock tips. :/

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #3,694 of 4,690

Hi shuto77,

Thanks for the advice.

I was browsing MEElectronics' website and found these ones. They are 6 mm as the EPH-100. Do you think they would fit?

I still have a few days to return the Yamahas to Amazon but I really like their sound signature. The only thing that bothers me is those stock tips. :/

No way, Yamaha's tips is the best fit for long-nozzled IEM, like Yamaha itself. Is the tips stiff or soft ?( the soft squishes easily by little pressure of your fingers)

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #3,695 of 4,690
I'd quite like to see if those tips fit, might make a nice replacement if the originals get lost.

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #3,696 of 4,690
  No way, Yamaha's tips is the best fit for long-nozzled IEM, like Yamaha itself. Is the tips stiff or soft ?( the soft squishes easily by little pressure of your fingers)

Do you mean the stock ones? They're soft. I'm not sure about the MEElectronics ones but apparently, they are soft as well (description says "Soft, durable, comfortable, washable, removable, replaceable").

The stock ones don't really fit my ears and I've tried all the sizes provided! The medium ones seem okay but they kinda bother me while wearing my EPH-100s cord down (not a fan of over-the-year).

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3,697 of 4,690
Yes the stock ones. They're supposed to be firm...ive talked about it in last couple pages of this thread. Did ur yamaha comes from packaging? (Like legitimate packaging)

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,698 of 4,690
Another thing, if the flanges are soft, the flap of the flanges flaps easily. But the firm ones is harder to flip over. The problem with the soft ones is that it flips inside ones ears so one would never get good seal nor fit.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3,699 of 4,690
I just tried EQing up the treble a little like Aero Dynamik mentioned, and I agree it works great. Here are my Poweramp settings:

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,700 of 4,690
Hi shuto77,

Thanks for the advice.

Hi Ghisy--

The bigger the nozzle, the better. Though nothing beats the stock tips.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,701 of 4,690
Yes the stock ones. They're supposed to be firm...ive talked about it in last couple pages of this thread. Did ur yamaha comes from packaging? (Like legitimate packaging)

Yeah, the packaging looks legit. They were sold and shipped by Amazon, so I doubt they are fake.

Another thing, if the flanges are soft, the flap of the flanges flaps easily. But the firm ones is harder to flip over. The problem with the soft ones is that it flips inside ones ears so one would never get good seal nor fit.

Yeah, the flanges flap easily on the ones I got. Seal isn't bad, just not optimal sometimes.

Hi Ghisy--

The bigger the nozzle, the better. Though nothing beats the stock tips.

Alright, thanks! I might give these a try then.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3,702 of 4,690
I just tried EQing up the treble a little like Aero Dynamik mentioned, and I agree it works great. Here are my Poweramp settings:

Great!
beerchug.gif

Some IEMs begin to sound a bit funny when EQ:ed, but not the EPH-100. Haven't tried to EQ the bass and mids as I've had no need for it, but EQ:ing the treble really opens it up. I'm absolutely thrilled about it. 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #3,703 of 4,690
Today while cleaning my EPH-100 tips I dropped one of the small ones down the sink. I need to find a new set, might try those Meelecs.

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,704 of 4,690
It has now been two weeks since I drunkenly but carefully took apart my Yamahas, cleaned them and got rid of all the wax that was stuck inside.

The issue where one side goes quiet almost daily hasn't been an issue since then even though I've been on long train, bus and plane rides and have used them for several hours without taking them out. Today, in fact, I was travelling and would estimate that I had them in for about 7 hours total without an issue.

I can only assume that the issue was the accumulated wax in the metal caging and black screening thing. I still don't quite understand why they become more prone to having the issue the longer I wear them, though, which was the case.

Also, I noticed that, in below freezing temperatures, it happened much faster. It could take as little as 5 minutes before one side went quiet when walking around in cold weather. That one could probably be explained by the wax simply freezing and letting no sound through.

One thing I've noticed is that they also sounds much better. The almost overwhelming bass has disappeared completely and sibilance on some tracks has returned. It isn't really a surprise considering the amount of wax my relatively clean ears were able to put down there.

Just wanted to update you guys.

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #3,705 of 4,690
  One thing and the only thing that bothered me was the L/R on them. In a shadowed room kinda dim lighted, they're a bit hard to see. Or while doing something and you don't wanna waste time or get distracted to long looking for the L/R on the inside.

I put these on there. 

Where did you get the colored rings from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back