Yamaha EPH-100 or another IEM for <$200?
Jul 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #16 of 22
EPH-100 after 300 hours+ are great! I'm probably gonna get mine soon.
Now sticking to JVC FXT90 (200+ hours). I tried side-by-side with EPH-100.
IMHO:

EPH-100 excels slightly in:
Bass: Tight, not bloated.
Clarity.
Easy to wear with deep insertion bi-flange.

JVC FXT90 excels slightly in:
Fun factor (to my ears).
DEEP soundstage and layering.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #17 of 22
I'm in love with these earphones :) and very happy with my decision. I don't have any other quality earphones to compare them to, but, for what it's worth, I would recomend them to anybody. I decided on these over the r07's for the reasons H20Fidelity mentioned. In general they just seemed more user friendly and comforatable, they also have good isolation, which is something I was looking for.
So thanks everybody for your help! I'm glad I asked on here instead of just buying some that looked good :)

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #18 of 22
I'm in love with these earphones :) and very happy with my decision. I don't have any other quality earphones to compare them to, but, for what it's worth, I would recomend them to anybody. I decided on these over the r07's for the reasons H20Fidelity mentioned. In general they just seemed more user friendly and comforatable, they also have good isolation, which is something I was looking for.
So thanks everybody for your help! I'm glad I asked on here instead of just buying some that looked good :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #22 of 22
I just purchased these headphones as well after reading the reviews and comparison guides here on headfi.org. These are my first high-end headphones, and I have been very pleased with my decision.  This is also the first headphone that I have been able to create a seal with the earbud in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back