xuelin ihifi780
Mar 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #256 of 275
Hello to all Xuelin 780 user's,

think, i found it in the playlist option's.. never thought to find it there.. but some other tip's and how 2 are welcome.

(i like my 780 really, but maybe someone could give me a little help.
how can i play all folders from one artist.
i tried it this way:
explorer-> sd card -> then scroll to the main folder of the artist -> press enter -> but then i can only confirm the different album's within the main folder -> then press ok again and i'm in alnum folder wih the tracks.
if i then press ok, just the selectet song will be played.
repeat is off and shuffle is on.
i'm shure , it's my fault, but sometimes i want to play all songs from one artist or at least just a whole album from one artist, ( i have a main folder for everey artist and the diff. albums in there)

would be nice, someone could enlighten my mind, because it's probably so easy, but i couldn't see it)

:)
I only use artist playlist navigation mode on my 780, and there you can play all the albums in order that are under same artist. Select the artist playlist, then artist you want to listen and first opition is "play all album". If you select song inside the album directly, it will play that album in order to the end and then returns to first track of album and then pauses (if you have repeat off).

If you don't see playlist options for sd card content (artist, albums, genres etc) then you have older firmware.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #257 of 275
I only use artist playlist navigation mode on my 780, and there you can play all the albums in order that are under same artist. Select the artist playlist, then artist you want to listen and first opition is "play all album". If you select song inside the album directly, it will play that album in order to the end and then returns to first track of album and then pauses (if you have repeat off).

If you don't see playlist options for sd card content (artist, albums, genres etc) then you have older firmware.

Hi ilmothedude,

Thank you for your support.. that's the way it works.

:thumbsup:

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #258 of 275
Hi ilmothedude,

Thank you for your support.. that's the way it works.

:thumbsup:
Np :)
I prefer using artist playlist since folder mode has quite delay on song starting, whereas playlist modes don't have such delays.

That's on my 64gb kingston, maybe on smaller/more empty cards don't have such delays.

Navigation is super convenient on 780 imo, really fast and easy.

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #260 of 275
Today I tried my sony mdr-nc22 noise cancellation earphones with 780, which I haven't used for a long time and I'm a bit surprised how decent they still sound. It's surprising how differently it reacts with both ports. Whereas Soundmagic E80 sounds very similiar with sound signatures but mostly just soundstage emphasis changes between ports, Sony sounds completely different between ports. A port is very dark and a bit veiled smooth laid-back signature and also a lot more quiet. B port is much brighter in comparison and louder. Interesting.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #262 of 275
HbFL4EX.jpg
LBSYS

My favorite pairing so far w/ the 780 is iBasso's IT01's. :)

If firmware download comes in zip or rar archive then you must extract it first, I don't remember if it comes or not. Anyway, the file you must copy in root of internal storage of 780 is named "RKNANOFW.IMG". But be sure to backup all songs from internal memory because firmware updating does delete everything. Here's offical (translated) version of firmware updating instructions:

1. Go to Baidu network disk https://pan.baidu.com/s/1cwGVkM download the latest firmware: RKNANOFW file (2017-10-25)
2. After the firmware is downloaded, copy the firmware to the machine's memory root directory and shut down. (Do not copy the firmware to the TF card) Automatically upgrade after rebooting the system.
3. Note: back up the song in the memory of the machine (the song in the memory after the upgrade will be lost)

I hope you get it working!

@slugman, as far as I know, none of the Xuelin players natively sort your music files alphabetically, and I can tell you that upgrading to firmware will not help in this regard. All the Xuelin players (unless Rockbox'd) will sort your files in regards to time they were transferred to the player. So, if you add a music file today, it will be at the bottom of your file list. You can easily (very easily!) arrange your music files using the program called Drivesort.en, it is free and here is the link: http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrE1.BzAKhavJIAJwtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEybzQwNWh1BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjI5NDRfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1520988403/RO=10/RU=http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort//RK=2/RS=4R11oM2dt5WugdG944qW9SNDHEw-
Just download, open and follow the directions. Within seconds, you can sort your files alphabetically by artist. Good luck.

ilmothedude & jdog, thanks a lot you guys for the directions!

I just succesfully updated my firmware to v1.09. Interestingly/thankfully it did not delete the music on the onboard FLASH. Also I just downloaded Drivesort and am checking it out now.

I'm thinking of picking up the Brainwavs b400, so that will be intersting. I am really impressed w/ the musical/sonic ability of this little dap (and especially impressed w/ the performance of the WM8740). One of the other Xuelin's has dual 8740's, which should sound really nice. Its too bad they didn't opt for the WM8741, but still sounds great. :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #267 of 275
Great. Looking forward for your sound impressions.
Couple days of listening to ihifi1969, I can say it's fantastic sounding beast! Pure Class A sound, definitely. It's so natural, open and detailed. Ihifi780 is in comparison sligthly more bassy, and warmer sounding, missing some mikro details. Ihifi1969 is in another league, as assumed when looking at it's price :D , sound is just so natural and analog. Soundstage and imaging are outstanding. Ihifi1969 doesn't seem to be too popular dap here, but I'm so glad I purchased it. :)

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #268 of 275
Today I by the way removed all album cover art tagging from my music files aswell all unnecessary files from my sd card since it's not really use to have them with player like 780. Sd card scanning time reduced from 4m10s to 3m37s, not huge difference but it's something
Quoting my own post. I today purchased new micro sd card, SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 class 10, 128gb. I copied all the music (and added new music aswell) from my 64gb kingston that I used with those tests mentioned on quote, and for my surprise card scanning time is now reduced A LOT. Now it measured 1m27s, and on top of that, also song beginning times have reduced greatly (on folder mode) from those pain long ~10 seconds to ~3 - 5 seconds, which is actually pretty acceptable. That's huge performance improvement, I wonder why kingston was so slow even though it's class 10 uhs-1 aswell like new sandisk card. I think folder navigation mode is now actually usable :beerchug:. Maybe kingston slowness was because it was so full, whereas new card is approx half full now, I don't know, but speed improvement was a pleasant surprise. Improvements are about same on both 780 and 1969 as they share same UI.:smile_phones:

Oct 2, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #269 of 275
Still love my 780 - so much so that i recently scoured the internet looking to purchase a backup & couldn't find one for sale anywhere. I guess it's been discontinued? which is such a bummer because it's a great player. Does anyone have a line on a seller with remaining stock? I remember seeing a site in the US selling them under a different brand name awhile back, but I can't remember who/where that was.

Blown away by how holographic it sounds in my setup - with og px100s and (sometimes) a pico slim. haven't once thought of upgrading since i got it.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #270 of 275
Still love my 780 - so much so that i recently scoured the internet looking to purchase a backup & couldn't find one for sale anywhere. I guess it's been discontinued? which is such a bummer because it's a great player. Does anyone have a line on a seller with remaining stock? I remember seeing a site in the US selling them under a different brand name awhile back, but I can't remember who/where that was.

Blown away by how holographic it sounds in my setup - with og px100s and (sometimes) a pico slim. haven't once thought of upgrading since i got it.
https://www.atc-lifestyle.com/hda-el2/?v=f0aa03aaca95
I think you're talking about this ^
Seems like direct replica of Xuelin ihifi780, except it has engraved logo on front. Looks like that there's also replica of ihifi990 with some changes on appereance, and ihifi100 portable headphone amp with different color.
Ihifi780 definitely has awesome holographic soundstage, I especially love sound from left port as it has special kind of tuning, which works very well with my Soundmagic E80 and Fiio EX1 2nd for example. I now have ihifi1969 which is of course superior sounding, but 780 is still very good alternative, and I do still use it if I want something smaller and lighter than 1969.
By the way, Xuelin site has been down already some time, I wonder what's going on. Does anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back