Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Jul 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #1,772 of 2,066
Use which give you the best run for the volume. If the first setting allows you to use the entire volume knob...that is great.
If the second setting you can only use the first little bit of the volume...chances are this setting is too high.

You can wait for the HD650's guys to let you know though.

Jul 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #1,774 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by nahkmos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure!

So, when used with ths daughter board, the ST become a 7.1 card only, not a 2.0 + a 5.1 card...That's a bad news...

No, the ST it self stil has the 2.0 etc plugs on it. the dauther board should spawn another option for it in the control panel. well thats how It should do it.The Dauther board would have 7.1 plugs on it and not the 2.0+ 5.1 others. Its Two seperated plugs so you would have 2.0 the headphone amp etc on the main part then 7.1 analog on the dauther board.

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #1,777 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Owlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, pretty well I would say, I use the lowest gain-setting and get plenty of Ompf. The bass reaches pretty deep and the detail is spectacular and even better with upgraded Op-amps...

thanks for the info. great to hear that.

i think i will give it a go to buy the AKG702 and use it on my STX.

My STX is now installed with Moon hdam(buffer) and 2xLM4562(L/R).

How long do i have to burn in the K702 before it fully mature, or will i hear a wow music from a K702 that is virgin from box?

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #1,778 of 2,066
I would say that the greatest change occur in the first 24 hours of burn-in. Out of the box they sound harsh and lack bass, most of this is fixed in the first 24 hours using pink noise, then the sound gradually softens and gets deeper and fuller with some saying they are fully burnt in after 300 hours. I don't notice any difference any more, and I have some 200 hours on mine...

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #1,779 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by takengo2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can this Xonar Essence STX drive a AKG 701/702 well.

I would say it does surely
atsmile.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #1,780 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Essence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm worried if I use the 300-600 setting I'll damage the HP's.

So for me 64-300 Ohm Setting is enough :wink: i usually listen at 50% Volume with this Setting and my Sennheiser HD650. I think it is already pretty loud.

The Sound of this Combo is btw AMAZING!

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #1,781 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the ST it self stil has the 2.0 etc plugs on it. the dauther board should spawn another option for it in the control panel. well thats how It should do it.The Dauther board would have 7.1 plugs on it and not the 2.0+ 5.1 others. Its Two seperated plugs so you would have 2.0 the headphone amp etc on the main part then 7.1 analog on the dauther board.

So it's possible to connect an AV receiver on the daughter card and an hifi (stereo) amplifier on the main card when using both?

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #1,783 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by nahkmos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it's possible to connect an AV receiver on the daughter card and an hifi (stereo) amplifier on the main card when using both?

Yes, you have a seperate RCA output for each channel. There are also three opamps for every stereo pair. Such as:
Front L&R
Rear L&R
Side L&R
Center & Subwoofer
Giving you a great deal of options for tuning and upgrading the sound.
You can use a different opamp for the center channel and/or sub then other channels.

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #1,784 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Owlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say that the greatest change occur in the first 24 hours of burn-in. Out of the box they sound harsh and lack bass, most of this is fixed in the first 24 hours using pink noise, then the sound gradually softens and gets deeper and fuller with some saying they are fully burnt in after 300 hours. I don't notice any difference any more, and I have some 200 hours on mine...

thanks,

you mean you dont notice anymore difference after 200 hours of burn in?

by the way, what setting to use on the ST/STX if pair with AKG K701/K702 ? should we use the lowest setting (<64ohms) or middle setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back