Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #1,006 of 2,066
Probably only the modded XFI can win Xonar

Edit: on second thought... maybe just equal.. , they can hardly beat Xonar... but on thierd thought, then audio is just persoanal taste, how do you judge win or lose... meh... I'm just murmuring now...

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #1,010 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ST? You mean the STX?

ST is the PCI version. I was waiting for it, but with no release date scheduled, I just went for the PCI-E STX.

Mar 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #1,011 of 2,066
The ST sounds very good. There are some design differences aside from the PCI interface.

ASUS also showed off other cards, just this was the first time they showed the ST to the public. They also showed their HDMI only HDAV 1.3 slim card.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #1,012 of 2,066
Please don't tell us that the ST sounds better than the STX!!
eek.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #1,013 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by riderforever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't tell us that the ST sounds better than the STX!!
eek.gif

That would be a shame. But I'll have a pci slot free ("go away creative, go!")...

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #1,015 of 2,066
I'm looking at upgrading my long-of-tooth Audigy card, and was waiting on doing that because I was looking to get an external dac/amp combo first---then I stumbled on this thread.
biggrin.gif

Small catch, I do a small amount of composing arranging (not nearly as much as I do listening), so I do still need some kind of synth for my M-audio keystation (it's a basic midi/usb keyboard controller) to drive.

Maybe I'm blind, and I know it's not the primary purpose of this card, but I'm not seeing a hardware synth anywhere in the specs. Can anybody clarify for me if this card has a synthesizer or not? Or does anyone have experience doing their own composing with this card?

EDIT: By composing/arranging, I mean writing out scores in Finale--I don't do any sequencing, I just need to be able to listen to my score as I work on it.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #1,017 of 2,066
please help omg, i just found this AFTER installing the xonar.

What do i do? (and also what is it?/whats it used for?)

edit: sorry that sounded really rude, im just freaking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back