Xin order status???
Jan 8, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #61 of 163
yes, it's back, but still no news, no new posts by Xin on his forum, and no new "i got my shipping notice" type posts either... So nothing exciting about that.

and I agree with pfkman23... i don't mind waiting as long as it takes, i have a lot of patience, but i need some kind of minimal communication to let me know all is well.

Jan 8, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #62 of 163
Xin's website IS UP

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #63 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
Wmcmanus - I wish you would be more specific at this juncture, because the only statements that could be considered namecalling occurred in the very early part of this thread and they were not being addressed at all. That is why I jumped in - no-one knew/knows anything and many of those posters were unfairly jumping all over him. Oh, I did make one encompassing singular remark which blanketed many - I said "Children!" I stand by that remark.

To be specific, threads like this drive me nuts as a moderator. There are serious issues involved in terms of Xin's customer service. These are issues that his present customers have been left waiting in the dark about, wondering what is going on with their orders (money now gone in my case), and whether they will ever get what they've paid for (let alone when). Yet, as always, there are folks on the other side who will cry foul play, and then these sorts of threads turn into this back and forth nonsense about each other rather than sticking to the facts.

The reason that I've not closed this thread, and won't, is that no answers are forthcoming. Nobody is here to slander Xin, and for the most part, as far as I can tell, nobody is talking about a 'scam' of any sort. People just want to know what is going on with their orders. As deliveries are made and things get back to normal (Xin's website is now up which is a nice to see), then perhaps this thread will have run its course. But we're not there yet.

So please, lets keep it to the facts. When did you place your order, how did you make payment, have you received the item(s) you ordered (and when), has there been any communication from Xin in terms of when you can expect to receive your order, etc. This is not meant to be an 'alarmist' thread, but it seems to me that a sufficient number of our members are affected by the delays and lack of communication, and thus as an information source, it is important to keep this thread going for now.

As with all things in running a business, what you do and what you don't do will have an impact on the degree of success that you will ultimately enjoy.

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #64 of 163
I assume that head-fi is the largest source of Xin's customers, so I further assume that he occaisionally checks the Amplification forum to see what people are saying about his products and his competition. It is astonishing, therefore, that he hasn't posted a reply on this thread to say, simply, that everything is ok.

I hereby offer this URGENT REQUEST/CHALLENGE: Dr Xin, if you are out there, please post a short reply, and let your customers (and potential customers) know that you remain in business and intend to fill orders, etc.

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #65 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
I had the same concerns about Xin before I placed my own order but folks here on Head-Fi assured me he was extremely reliable and that I shouldn't worry about it. Those people were right, I finally got my amp after an extended wait...

There CAN be an extremely long wait, but if you order an amp, you WILL get it. Xin is not a scammer and if he was, Head-Fi'ers would've known about it a long time ago.

Thanks for sharing your experience. This is the kind of thing that gives me comfort, as I'm sure it will for others who are waiting.

In my case, I didn't really know much about Xin's products but heard an SM3v6 at a recent Head-Fi meet and liked the look and feel and sound of it, but I didn't have a chance to spend much time with it. So when I read about the special pricing before Christmas, I thought I'd place an order and give it a chance. To be honest, I don't mind the wait either, and I'm sure one day soon I'll get the shipping notice, and then the amp will arrive shortly afterwards.

I'm also quite sure that I'll enjoy the SM3v6 amp and have a lot of fun comparing it to the Hornet and Portaphile V2^2 (maxed). Had I done a little bit of research (i.e., thread reading about Xin's amps), I'm sure that I would have discovered that there are sometimes long waits and no communication, but not to worry, all will be well in the end. Had I known that from day one, none of this would have worried me now because I really don't need the amp right away and do understand (from first hand experience) that running a small business is a LOT of work!

So again, thanks for your post. It's most reassuring.

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #66 of 163
jeffreybowman2k,

While I know you mean well, I think that such a response is best suited if you posted it on Xin's forums. Obviously, Headfi is a large online community, but I have doubts if we are the largest single contingency of Xin customers. Moreover, I think that he'd pay more attention to his own forums anyways.

Jan 8, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #68 of 163
According to what I've read and heard, Dr. Xin eschews any participation in outside "forums" and would not likely post on Head-Fi. I thought this thread was put to bed last night with the massive editing that had been done by the moderator. Frankly, I think he is doing the right thing by staying away from this stuff. Any manufacturer or vendor has to be exceedingly careful, unless he/she has the backing of the website management. Therefore, if you have anything to say to or about someone - be a man and say it to them directly! It is quite obvious that many of the posters who insist on posting about this man and their comments about his business practices DO NOT have an outstanding order with him and HAVE NOT had any intention of buying his products. My feeling is that this thread should either have been shut down in the first couple of minutes.......or failing that action - should NOT have been edited by any moderator.

Jan 8, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #69 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is the kind of thing that gives me comfort, as I'm sure it will for others who are waiting.

In my case, I didn't really know much about Xin's products but heard an SM3v6 at a recent Head-Fi meet and liked the look and feel and sound of it, but I didn't have a chance to spend much time with it. So when I read about the special pricing before Christmas, I thought I'd place an order and give it a chance. To be honest, I don't mind the wait either, and I'm sure one day soon I'll get the shipping notice, and then the amp will arrive shortly afterwards.

I'm also quite sure that I'll enjoy the SM3v6 amp and have a lot of fun comparing it to the Hornet and Portaphile V2^2 (maxed). Had I done a little bit of research (i.e., thread reading about Xin's amps), I'm sure that I would have discovered that there are sometimes long waits and no communication, but not to worry, all will be well in the end. Had I known that from day one, none of this would have worried me now because I really don't need the amp right away and do understand (from first hand experience) that running a small business is a LOT of work!

So again, thanks for your post. It's most reassuring.

I hope you get your SM3v6 soon as we'd really like to hear your impressions of the amp relative to both the Hornet and the Portaphile V2^2 maxed.

Jan 8, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #70 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
I hope you get your SM3v6 soon as we'd really like to hear your impressions of the amp relative to both the Hornet and the Portaphile V2^2 maxed.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get the amp. Some of the recent posts on this thead have been quite reassuring. I'm definitely looking forward to doing the comparisons.

Jan 8, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #71 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Oh, I'm sure I'll get the amp. Some of the recent posts on this thead have been quite reassuring. I'm definitely looking forward to doing the comparisons.

I'm sure you'll get it too, but I'm not sure about it being soon! The man seems to have his process and it definitely works with regard to producing great sounding amps, but it also reinforces in the mind of the customer on the day he/she gets the amp that the best things come to those who wait.

Jan 8, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #72 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
Frankly, I think he is doing the right thing by staying away from this stuff. Any manufacturer or vendor has to be exceedingly careful, unless he/she has the backing of the website management. Therefore, if you have anything to say to or about someone - be a man and say it to them directly!

The problem is that there was no way of getting in touch with him when his website was down, and he hasn't been returning messages so how can someone say anything to him directly? It just seems strange to me that you're so insistent in defense of Dr. Xin when (from what I've seen on this thread at least), the primary concern people have is with getting some basic information (and reassurance) about the status of thier orders. There really hasn't been any character assination of any kind that I've seen. Maybe I've missed it?

Quote:

It is quite obvious that many of the posters who insist on posting about this man and their comments about his business practices DO NOT have an outstanding order with him and HAVE NOT had any intention of buying his products.

Again, this is something that I've missed in reading this thread. I guess I'll need to go through it again.

Quote:

My feeling is that this thread should either have been shut down in the first couple of minutes.......or failing that action - should NOT have been edited by any moderator.

Shutting it down in the first couple of minutes would have made no sense at all, zero. There are important issues that affect many members (both present customers with pending orders and potential new customers who deserve to be informed of the reality at hand). To hide our heads in the sand about it by closing the thread would have been a disservice to the Head-Fi community. Nothing that has been discussed here has been slanderous, at least nothing I've seen.

As for the heavy editing, again, maybe I missed this, but I've been following this thread from the very beginning and have not personally edited one single word of any post. Perhaps another moderator has done some clean up work, but not that I'm aware of.

Edit: Ok, now I'm adding this as an edit to my own post, which I wouldn't think will cause a problem! I've just checked the entire thread, and not one single post has been deleted by a moderator. I would be able to see them if this had occurred. Likewise, it is not generally our practive to edit the posts made by members. In the rare cases in which we need to do so (i.e., to remove the offending part of a post but leave the rest of it), we would normally send a PM to the person who made the post originally to explain why this was done. Again, I see no evidence of this either.

But if we feel the need to delete posts, and/or to edit posts, we certainly wouldn't be asking your permission to do so. You've made the point that you think people are acting like children on this thread. I propose to you that you ought to consider your own behavior in light of this characterization.

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #73 of 163
Ok, now I've had to remove a post that involved a personal attack, along with two responses to that post. These posts both appeared after my last post (above) and before this one. Those involved know who they are.

Let's keep it civil and stick to the facts, please. Don't be calling each other names, or I'll have to start administering spankings.

Jan 8, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #74 of 163
As you people have probably seen I got my shipping notice from Xin today. I ordered on Nov 26 So he is alive and working through the orders.

I imagine that the orders peaked during the sale, so things might move more quickly from now.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #75 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000
As you people have probably seen I got my shipping notice from Xin today. I ordered on Nov 26 So he is alive and working through the orders.

I imagine that the orders peaked during the sale, so things might move more quickly from now.

As I've stated in the thead that you started to announce this news, it is good news indeed! Hopefully, we be getting more and more similar reports and everything will settle down soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back