Xin order status???
Jan 9, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #76 of 163
I, too, ordered from Xin on 11/26, and I too received my shipping notice late this afternoon. This will be the 3rd or 4th generation of amps I have ordered from him, and while some (like this generation) have taken some time to arrive, my faith in him has never been disappointed.

I must admit though, I was beginning to wonder though this last time, the delay seemed a little longer than usual...so a big sigh of relief right now...soon to be followed by the excitement of expectation. Clearly I have this hi fi disease real bad!

Ian

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #77 of 163
Repeat Xin customer here .. I hope ..

I ordered a SuperMicro Sep04 got it about 2 weeks after and had a problem with early battery drain noted couple months later. One email to Xin prompted a request to return it to him which I did and it was fixed and turned around shortly. I am in BC, shipping was done by US and Canada Express Post and it was not lengthy. The product had worked extremely well with my ER-4P's and various Creative mp3 players.

Oct.24.05 I ordered a new SuperMini3 intending to step up a bit. Xin emailed back the amp shipped Nov.20 and my CC was charged Nov.22.

Dec.19th I emailed Xin to ask for a status update, Dec.22 I got his reply giving me US Post tracing numbers that do indeed show the amp left USPS on Nov.22 ... but there is no way to trace the shipment via Canada Post. He told me Canada post is extremely slow and I dispute that but that is his reply.

Postal systems are much maligned IMHO and my feeling is this is just not right. Nonetheless I will be a bit more patient before I go back to Xin noting I am out my money and have no amp!!

For those who feel his website is the only way to get a note Xin just try his email (from his website). He has always been very responsive and for my past amp his service was great. I am hopeful it still will be OK and my new SM3 is caught in some time warp somewhere and will get spit out soon .. maybe tomorrow when I check my snail mail :)

jake

Jan 9, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #78 of 163
I receive stuff from Canada Post then through USPS priority mail on a regular basis, and it takes 2-3 days.

JakeAmes...I would contact Canada Post with your tracking number and request a trace. Something's wrong. Make sure it got to the US.

As far as the shilling label used in forums, and not the Webster's version, is concerned...it is considered shilling when a member finds every opportunity possible to push 1 manufacturers' products, which makes it look like they get products for discounts or even free.

There is no way that anyone except for Dr. Xin can explain the period of silence or his website's downtime. Everything else is speculation and opinion.

Many educated members post with improper spelling and and incomplete sentences. It depends on how passionate a person is towards perfection in posting.

People are taking this personally. Anyone who has spent some money and feel they are not getting anything for their money have a right to express concern, but name calling and slanderous behavior is not acceptable on the forum and will not be tolerated.

I thought Wmcmanus has been very patient in this thread and he too, has a personal vested interest in this subject.

There are other manufacturers that have not slept for 3 days in a row making sure to fulfill shipping promises and answer e-mails...even ridiculous ones.

Only one person knows why this delay and lack of response is occuring, and we can only give the benefit of the doubt to a manufacturer who has a 5+ year history of fantastic customer service.

Any moderator can be involved in any thread, but we all agree on what right and wrong based on parameters that are in place. Editing can be done by any moderator, or undone by any moderator. This is how we have a check and balance system in place, and when something is in question we discuss what is right or wrong, so one person does not personally moderate in an improper fashion. This is for the benefit of all the members.

Jan 9, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #79 of 163
thanks immtbiker (and BTW I mountainbike too being here on the Shore, albeit more cautiously as one does at my age).

Not sure if I got your post right ... I was just sharing my Xin experiences - exemplary for my interactions in '04; of concern in my interactions Oct05 to present. But I am waiting for Xin's shipment from the US to me in Canada, not the other way around. My attempts last week to 'encourage' someone in Canada Post to assist on tracing were disappointing. I will try again.

jake

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #80 of 163
Yes...I screwed up. I was talking about Canada to US deliveries. Sorry.

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #81 of 163
FWIW, I have got "Click & Ship" notice this morning from Xin's for an order of a Supermacro3 v3, SuperMicro3, and SuperMini3-Tube version.

I did tell Xin in my order that I am not in a hurry.

I recall somehow I read in Xin's forum that he is moving home (again) so I would guess the silence may be attributed to the move.

FLo

Jan 9, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #82 of 163
I posted at the beginning of this thread and I believe there have been some misunderstanding about my intentions, as often is the case due to my poor English.
I never meant to attak Dr Xin whom I think has fantastic products, is a really nice guy and a gentleman, although in my opinion is certainly not welll organised and is overwhelmed by orders.

What I meant is that I was seriously worried something had happened to him because he did not respond to my emails or to my posts in his website, he did not post at all on fixup for several weeks and finally his website went down.
If I mentioned that I was waiting for a refund I was not even remotely doubting of his honesty, but it was for me a further reason to worry: if he had received my broken SM3 he would have certainly refund me (or sent me the Supermini that I was trying to order), I never had any doubts about it.

If, as I really hope, nothing has happened to him I am sure one day I will receive my refund or perhaps even the amp that I have been battling for over three months.

As I stated in my first post I have been very unlucky in the whole transaction, not only for Xin's fault and there was absolutely no personal attack form my part, although I have been been so frustrated by months and months of waiting that I think I probably will give up this hobby altogether.
I was planning an upgrade plan including a PPX3 slam, a Ack Dack, W5000, K700, RS1 and so on, but know I think I can happily live with my Iriver and Sensas and spend my time and money somewhere else

Jan 10, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #83 of 163
I placed my Supermini3 order on november 25th.

and got the shipping notice dec 22nd, and it arrived on dec 27th.

I'd say given the special price on the amp, and the popularity of it all, the delivery times were reasonable and justified. One man's opinion
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #84 of 163
I was wrong earlier - I ordered my SM3 on the 26th not the 27th. And Click & Ship notification came through yesterday. (Interestingly, though, despite the fact that it was apparently shipped two days ago, the tracking number doesn't work on the USPS website. How long does it usually take to filter through?)

Guys, chill, Xin is getting through the orders, just slowly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #85 of 163
The master has spoken. I emailed him asking if I could still get a silver case. Here's his response.

"All orders will be shipped soon. No more white/silver case, black only. If you like, you can have white panels. Xin"

All orders will be shipped soon. Wooha. Maybe that means by Valentine's day.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #86 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
I was wrong earlier - I ordered my SM3 on the 26th not the 27th. And Click & Ship notification came through yesterday. (Interestingly, though, despite the fact that it was apparently shipped two days ago, the tracking number doesn't work on the USPS website. How long does it usually take to filter through?)

Guys, chill, Xin is getting through the orders, just slowly.
smily_headphones1.gif

I find that USPS by the time the tracking number works it is one day away from being delivered.

Jan 11, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #87 of 163
Cool, glad to hear that he'll fulfill some orders soon. I hadn't heard anything about my December SuperMacro. I personally think he's a great guy and I've had the pleasure of sharing an e-mail or two with him. However, I haven't e-mailed him since 2002...

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #90 of 163
I E-mailed Dr Xin two weeks ago, concerning a Supermini 3 order in Nov.30,05. This is what he wrote me:Mostly ship next week. Thank you and sorry for slow. Xin

support@fixup.net wrote:

Just relax, I haven't received yet but it will come. I've had great communacations w/ Dr Xin. Note: The reply date from Dr Xin was on 12-29-05.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back