Xin order status???
Jan 14, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #106 of 163
My Supermini-3 was ordered Nov. 27 and shipped Jan 12...
I can't wait to get it... put my batteries to charge already...
I hope it gets here in the next week or so... my ears are aching for a new stereophonic sound spectacular...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #107 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksugar
my ears are aching for a new stereophonic sound spectacular...
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, another Hooverphonic fan
biggrin.gif
. Great album and I'm sure it'll sound great amped as well.

And I'm glad to hear that all that happened was that Xin got a bit behind.

Nate

Jan 15, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #108 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000
How much does this suck... mine is here, they tried to deliver it on Friday but I was at work and my gf was out. So they take it to a local Post Office, only they took it to the one that's not open Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my new supermini sits in the post office all weekend 5 mins walk from my house but I don't get to play with it till Monday. Sooooo Bummed!!!!!!!!!

well...that's seems to be the longest 5 minutes you'll experience...
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #109 of 163
Sorry to bringt this up again people, but since Xin is apparently totally indulged in making all YOUR amps I did not get a reply out of him regarding the am that *I* want
biggrin.gif

The question basically is whether Xin still offers student discounts, I did not see any mentioned on the site / ordering process anymore and cannot remember how it was handled the last time I ordered from him. Anyone in the know?

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #114 of 163
I emailed about the student discount after placing my order and got no reply. I also received my supermini without the Solid Tube I had ordered. I have emailed Xin 3 times about it with no reply.

I have to say that out of this its pretty hard to recommend Xin customer service wise. The amp sounds great though.

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #115 of 163
I ordered a Supermacro on 11/27 late night, and I just received it yesterday 01/17. Listening to it right now, and I am very pleased. Be patient, it is worth the wait.

One thing that I would like to mention though, I had ordered an additional opamp and at first thought they forgot to include it. It finally occurred to me to look inside the box that the recharger comes in (just before I was going to send Xin-Fen an e-mail). They had wrapped the opamp in plastic and stuck it in there so it wouldn't rattle around in the shipping package, very thoughtful.

Jan 19, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #116 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000
I emailed about the student discount after placing my order and got no reply. I also received my supermini without the Solid Tube I had ordered. I have emailed Xin 3 times about it with no reply.

I have to say that out of this its pretty hard to recommend Xin customer service wise. The amp sounds great though.

Damn it !!
I did the same thing as you : I ordered a mini first, then added a Solid Tube after ! Moreover I've chosen the must expensive shipment method. I'm not going to pay more for a second shipment.

Keep us informed about that because I'm becoming worried.

Jan 19, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #117 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh
My SuperMacro-3 V6 was ordered very late in the evening of 11/27. However, I haven't heard anything regarding it being shipped as of this writing. Has anyone who ordered a Xin amp post-Thanksgiving holiday sale (11/28 - on) received a shipping notice or amp from Dr. Xin?

Got e-mail from Dr. Xin today, that indicated there were tons of orders placed on 11/27, the last day of the sale. According to the e-mail, my amp will ship tomorrow. So, hang in there - I'm not kidding when I said I ordered very late on the 27th. Hope this information helps those who are waiting.

Edit: FYI - Dr. Xin addresses the 11/27 orders in his forum (go to the end of the page re: link above) as well as more current orders.

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #118 of 163
I heard back from Xin today as well. He explained that has been having problems with his web server hence delays on email replies and website outages.

He agreed to ship a Solid Tube to me with no further shipping. So I am happy.
It does seem like the problems we have faced through this are mostly due to bad luck and not bad management.

Jan 21, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #119 of 163
FYI - The hosting web server for Xin's web site is down again, and it seems Dr. Xin is none to happy about it, as expressed at http://www.fixup.net/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Xin
This site is being moved to a new host.

After more than a week of downtime caused by a software patch, the hosting web server is down again due to hardware failure. The failure records can be found here:

Server Status

This is what happened earlier:

Server investigation - win12.securedc.com

This is what's going on now:

Server recovery - win12.securedc.com

This is not acceptable; so I'm moving my server to a new site. I used to manage my own server at my home, but I had to let other company to host it due to the two times of moving last year.

This will cause some inconveniences and slowdown, very sorry.

Thank you,

Xin

Looks like things will be straightened out in a while; I feel bad for Dr. Xin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back