Xin order status???
Jan 7, 2006 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a supermini from Xin on 27 November and still haven't heard anything. Anyone got their shipping notification in the last week to give me an idea where he is up to with the orders?

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 163
I'm in the same boat. Oddly enough, I also ordered (and paid for) my SM3v6 on November 27th, and have not heard a word to date.

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 163
This is my post on another thread asking why Xin's website is not working:

"Same thing for me.

But it is more worrying than that: I have emailed him and posted a question on his forum before Christmas and got no reply. Also he has not posted in his website for several weeks and people were already wandering where he was.

I also have sent him back a non-functioning SM3 for refund over a month ago and got no news at all about it
mad.gif

Basically I have ordered one of his amps on October 13 I have paid for it and still have got noting!

Hope he is on some sunny beach having a good time"

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 163
I ordered mine on Nov 25, and Xin shipped it on Dec 26. Then it crossed the border to Canada and got to my place on Dec 30. I think he might have taken a X'mas vacation. Also, bear in mind that there's probably a huge number of orders over the Thanksgiving sale which ended on Nov 27.

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by raylpc
I ordered mine on Nov 25, and Xin shipped it on Dec 26. Then it crossed the border to Canada and got to my place on Dec 30.

That's good to know.

Quote:

I think he might have taken a X'mas vacation.

Christmas or no Christmas, it's an odd time for an unannounced vacation immediately after announcing a special price drop to encourage Christmas sales.

Quote:

Also, bear in mind that there's probably a huge number of orders over the Thanksgiving sale which ended on Nov 27.

Agreed, but the problem is that there is no communication link available with his website down and him not responding to questions on his forum, etc. Even when you place an order and pay for it via PayPal there is no acknowledgement whatsoever, let alone an expected shipment date.

I'm sure all will be well, but this kind of customer service leaves a lot of be desired.

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 163
I got an email from Xin about a week or two ago in response to a query about adding the Solid Tube op amp. So he's alive!

I had read that someone who ordered on Nov 25 got it in December and hoped mine wasn't far away. I read he was doing 5-10 per day.

I've got to say I feel the service is pretty poor. I don't mind waiting at all and I accept that ordering during the sale invites a longer wait, but Xin could have posted on the web site a rough idea of shipping times. The web site still says 2-3 weeks. It would be nice to have some info on when it will come
confused.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 163
Yes, the website is definetely not working.

I think Xin is a genius and his products are excetpional value (mainly the Supermini), but he really tries very hard to make his customer's life as though as possible.

I certainly was not lucky at all with him, but I have tried to purchase one of his amps for over three months now. It is easier to comunicate with planet Juppiter than to get any news from him: no telephone, for some reason his email are often sent back if you have a spam control, his webite is a bit clumsy.

I finally got so frustrated that end up ordering a Singlepower PPX3 slam
etysmile.gif
May be I was lucky at the end.

P.S. I almost forgot that I have paid for a non-functioning SM3 that I sent back before Christmas and haven't got my money back yet
confused.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
P.S. I almost forgot that I have paid for a non-functioning SM3 that I sent back before Christmas and haven't got my money back yet
confused.gif

You almost forgot? Yove posted it three times in the last hour
rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
You almost forgot? Yove posted it three times in the last hour
rolleyes.gif

...which doesn't answer the question of why Xin doesn't respond, or why his website doesn't work.
In his bio on his website (when it worked) he said he was able to run everything from his laptop - I'd think that even if he was traveling, he would at least respond to emails if he wasn't able to reboot his server.

Jan 7, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #12 of 163
maybe he's just revamping his website?

I just hope he's ok, and nothing bad has happened to him. While I am frustrated that there's no mass email to his pending customers (I ordered my SM3 on xmas day) regarding the lack of communication and our orderrs, I don't think he's 'hiding' or anything of the sort. He's also pretty good about saying if he's going to be 'closed' and for how long......

Jan 7, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #13 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Yes, the website is definetely not working.

I think Xin is a genius and his products are excetpional value (mainly the Supermini), but he really tries very hard to make his customer's life as though as possible.

I certainly was not lucky at all with him, but I have tried to purchase one of his amps for over three months now. It is easier to comunicate with planet Juppiter than to get any news from him: no telephone, for some reason his email are often sent back if you have a spam control, his webite is a bit clumsy.

I finally got so frustrated that end up ordering a Singlepower PPX3 slam
etysmile.gif
May be I was lucky at the end.

confused.gif

The no telephone and "clumsy website" you can attribute to Xin, but the quality of your spam filter is in your hands.

Jan 7, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #14 of 163
In November it took 3 weeks from order to receive a supermini OR -> CA. He's probably catching up due to Holiday, though even a rough estimate would probably be acceptable to those that are waiting so long-!

Jan 7, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #15 of 163
I also hope it's just a matter of Holiday vacation and needing a break, and hope everything's OK with him, his family, etc.

However... (puts on Devil's Advocate hat) let's hope he's not "website and forum jumping" - I.E. turning up somewhere else as Dr. Choy, making and selling The Next Big Thing (which happens to be small, talking up little parts storage space, be able to run everything remotely from a laptop, etc. you get the idea
biggrin.gif

Hey who knows - maybe he sold his design to a big company, or got an order for a boatload of units paid up front and packed up his traveling show. Stranger things have happened. Did anyone even bother to do research into the claims he made about his past experience?

After all, this other person also did pretty much the same thing: appeared to be the cat's meow for awhile, then made a killing: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...788009&frm=284

Users who are viewing this thread

Back