XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #751 of 910
UM MEXT vs XENNS UP anyone?
Screenshot_2022-07-28-12-54-45-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-28-13-00-46-02_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #752 of 910
Hi.

I have tried several combinations of tips and cables.

My conclusion is that FOR ME the best tips for mandgird tea are the narrow ones to reduce the peaks of the treble region. However, you need to use good cables. (I prefer pure silver for these).

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #753 of 910
Jul 30, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #755 of 910
Xenns up is good in tone but lack 3d image
I just got the sony ex8000st for the first time. This thing is amazing and slams much harder than the xenns up with the tape mod. It's not even close.

The resolution even with the tape mod is top tier. I can't believe this. for an iem over 10 years old with only one driver.

This proves driver count means nothing and the only advancements we've made in this hobby for the past 10 years is increasing the amount of drivers we can shove into an iem and excellent marketing skills.

The xenns up is amazing too but I'm more impressed by the ex800st.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #758 of 910
Tea2 has a fin of pain added to it's shape, which was quite uncomfortable to me. Even when i used narrow JVC-sprial dots (Xs Xtra Small size). I don't recommend them for ppl with small conchas or whatever it's called. Plus, it's sound sugnature has no bass, which was disappointing.

You can see the pointy fins of pain below.

Attachments

• 1664006586378897103975552153056.jpg
    1664006586378897103975552153056.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #760 of 910
Hey there. So I've bought Up's via Classifieds couple of months ago and then sold it after acquiring SA6's at the same it. And now I have a slight seller's remorse. The SA6's are a banger all-rouder set, but they don't deliver that warm, lush, meaty sound of Up's. So now I am on the mission to dig up a similar sounding set in the lower price bracket, preferably the sub 300$ one. Has anyone perhaps stumbled upon something that would came close to the sound presentation of Up's and is considerably cheaper? I own budget "warmer" sets a la Mele, FH3 and Tin T3+ but they are unable to provide that fuzzy feeling I get when listening to Up's grand sound. Next in line I have "TRI I3 PROs" which could be a solid choice, but I am open for any other suggestions, thanks.

Oct 29, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #761 of 910
Hey there. So I've bought Up's via Classifieds couple of months ago and then sold it after acquiring SA6's at the same it. And now I have a slight seller's remorse. The SA6's are a banger all-rouder set, but they don't deliver that warm, lush, meaty sound of Up's. So now I am on the mission to dig up a similar sounding set in the lower price bracket, preferably the sub 300$ one. Has anyone perhaps stumbled upon something that would came close to the sound presentation of Up's and is considerably cheaper? I own budget "warmer" sets a la Mele, FH3 and Tin T3+ but they are unable to provide that fuzzy feeling I get when listening to Up's grand sound. Next in line I have "TRI I3 PROs" which could be a solid choice, but I am open for any other suggestions, thanks.
Oriolus SZALiLI are the bomb but more pricey. But the planar mids are to live for with lush tonality.DD bass and excellent highs esp with silver cable upgrade. Really an incredible achievement.

Oct 29, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #762 of 910
Try sony ex800st with tape mod and remove the filter. Warm, lush and meaty imho. It's on Amazon.

I personally prefer the sony vs the up. But that's an iem you either love or hate depending on genre preferences etc..

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #763 of 910
I recently purchased some Penon Serials. They are the complementary opposite of my SA6. They have 3 Dynamic drivers. Deep bass, warm overall but also crisp treble. Might be another to add to your list of possibilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back