XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
May 14, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #721 of 914
Well, I purchased a pair. Arrives in 10 days. Fingers crossed. I got for on the fo, so hopefully easy enough to drive.

May 14, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #722 of 914
When I heard these at canjam I listened to them back to back with the Thieaudio monarch mkii and the UP sounded alot better to my ears.

More bass, body and richer sound overall.

May 14, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #723 of 914
When I heard these at canjam I listened to them back to back with the Thieaudio monarch mkii and the UP sounded alot better to my ears.

More bass, body and richer sound overall.
Xenns up is top 5 iem for hip hop. Sounds like that's what they were designed for. Sounds like a car stereo system to me.

May 14, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #724 of 914
Xenns up is top 5 iem for hip hop. Sounds like that's what they were designed for. Sounds like a car stereo system to me.
Maybe thats why I like it haha.

May 25, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #725 of 914
Got my Xenns Up on Tuesday. They are great! Running them on my hipdac double-sided taped to a TCL phone for the on the go or around the house (cheaper and better than most DAPS, btw), but wondering is anyone is running these on the UTWS5, btr5 or anything else super portable? How do they sound? They obviously sound better from my DO200/HO200 set up, but that's not a fair comparison. Not sure how much power they really need. Anyone have thoughts?

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #726 of 914
Have got Tea 2 a couple day ago, and, well, it is my new favorite (AudioSense DT600 are now on the second place, while TRI i3 Pro on the third). Also other my collecions outsiders are: Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk, 7Hz Timeless, TinHIFI P1,..

May 26, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #727 of 914
@nymz By the way, I have noticed your target graph is rather close to Tea2. So, what is the history? Is your target formed by influence of Tea2? Or just by chance? Or have XENNS used your graph to design Tea2?

(and I know a target isn't the only design aspect)

//=============

If somebody from XENNS is watching this thread, well, thanks for your work!

May 26, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #728 of 914
@nymz By the way, I have noticed your target graph is rather close to Tea2. So, what is the history? Is your target formed by influence of Tea2? Or just by chance? Or have XENNS used your graph to design Tea2?

(and I know a target isn't the only design aspect)

//=============

If somebody from XENNS is watching this thread, well, thanks for your work!

My target graph was done before Tea2 came out :)

The first one ever was made basicly following Mangird Tea graph (my fav IEM at the time), then adding experience and a couple retouches, it ended up like this.

It's no random chance Teas are one of my favourite iems and they don't call me the Tea Cult CEO at random :p

But on all seriousness, I had nothing to do with Xenns/Mangird whatsoever besides being very vocal about my love for it.

May 30, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #729 of 914
If you are wondering if the fiio FD7 is a better set than Xenns Up, not it is not. Xenns up is better is every way except anesthetics. Better bass, better treble extension, better clarity. It's just a superior iem.

May 30, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #731 of 914
Compared xenns up to legend x. No comparison. Legend x in another league.
Legend X is more than double the price!

May 31, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #732 of 914
Legend X is more than double the price!
True. But I've heard it's a legend x killer and bggar has it way above legend x. No way.

Bggar is one of my favorite reviewers but no way this competes with Legend x especially not for bass heads. I wouldn't consider myself a basshead but the bass slam on xenns up is a joke compared to legend x. Legend x has so much bass it kicks my azz at times but still balanced and technical with details. Xenns up isn't even close to being too much bass for me with hip hop etc..

Legend x rattles the scull and has sub and mid bass like nothing I've ever heard in an iem.

For those that don't know how yo read graphs, the graph below says xenns up slam and punch is minimal when compared to legend x.

Funny bggar never showed this graph. I wonder why? 🤔
Screenshots_2022-05-31-02-54-50.png

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #733 of 914
Does anyone use the JVC spiral dots on their Tea?

If so what size did you get?
I'm torn between buying Jvc Spiral Dots ++ (Small) and Spinfit Cp500 (Small) for my incoming Mangird Xenn Tea 2s. Love Jvc Spiral Dots on my Jvc Ha-fx1100s.

Heard spinfit cp500 fit wide nozzle bores, but impede bass.

Read that the Mangird Xenns Tea 2s have a 5.4mm nozzle 6.3mm at the tip.
Jvc Spiral dots are for 4mm nozzle bores.

Also read they have neutral sound, so need to find a PURE COPPER CABLE. Not ready to buy Spinfit Cp500s as they reduce bass.

Will that extra 1.4mm deform Jvc Spiral Dots to hurting my ear canal?

Anyone else using Jvc Spiral Dots ++ (Small size), with their Mangird Xenns Tea 2?

Update: Not a giving birth nozzle, so 1.4mm stretch aint dat much.
Forked out 30usd and got the Jvc Spiral Dots++
Gotta pure copper cable to bring out the bass.
But still waiting for my Mangird Xenns Tea 2 in da femail.

20220606_205823~2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #734 of 914
Anyone got any comparisons of the Mangird Tea 2 and the Penon Orb? Looking for a pair of warmer IEMs with good, full-bodied and intimate sound, especially in the mids and male vocals, and these two are my current top picks but of course I can't audition them and I can only afford one (and even that later in the summer, not right now). Curious to hear how they stack up against each other in the aforementioned categories in particular.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #735 of 914
Mangird Tea 2 is like the Tea 1 but its not dark, it has more up top. All of the Xenns / Mangird line have alot of body, rich thick sound.

The Tea 2 is in between both in terms of performance. I think its the iem to beat under $1k, I preferred both the Tea 2 and UP over the Thieaudio Monarch mk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back