XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #736 of 914
Anyone compared to ier z1r? I "downgraded" but now am wondering if I made a mistake...

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #738 of 914
Can you explain what you mean by downgraded?
Meaning that the z1r is generally considered to be top tier, and the Xenns Up, while good, is not considered superior to the Legend X for example, but the z1r is considered to be so.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #739 of 914
Meaning that the z1r is generally considered to be top tier, and the Xenns Up, while good, is not considered superior to the Legend X for example, but the z1r is considered to be so.
Oh. I don't consider z1r to be better than legend x. That all depends on what you listen to. For hip hop it's not imho. All has to do with personal preference.

Bggar just said legend x and fir audio xe6 is the best for bassheads you can buy today.

Whether z1r is better than zenns up depends on the genre. They're about equal to me especially when you factor in price. I would likely choose zenns up over z1r for comfort and price.

Mest mk2 is better than up and Z1R and makes both of them redundant imho. Because i have mest mk2, i don't need or won't listen to either but legend x is complimentary to mest mk2.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #740 of 914
Oh. I don't consider z1r to be better than legend x. That all depends on what you listen to. For hip hop it's not imho. All has to do with personal preference.

Bggar just said legend x and fir audio xe6 is the best for bassheads you can buy today.

Whether z1r is better than zenns up depends on the genre. They're about equal to me especially when you factor in price. I would likely choose zenns up over z1r for comfort and price.

Mest mk2 is better than up and Z1R and makes both of them redundant imho. Because i have mest mk2, i don't need or won't listen to either but legend x is complimentary to mest mk2.

I did a direct compare to z1r and mest mkii when I had them. I preferred z1r. Better bass and sound stage. Mest had better treble, but the huge nozzles were uncomfortable for me. Didn't have an issue with z1r comfort.

Jun 10, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #743 of 914
The mangird tea is uncomfortable as hell my god..
Tried every single tip included in the box and even some of my own literally nothing makes these bearable for more than a few minutes. Am I just inserting them wrong or something? They legit make my ears feel bruised

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #745 of 914
Tried every single tip included in the box and even some of my own literally nothing makes these bearable for more than a few minutes. Am I just inserting them wrong or something? They legit make my ears feel bruised
Hi! Is it your first IEMs challenge? If it's the case, then you will take two-three weeks to adapt your ears to just IEMs wearing (don't force this adaptation process). Then you will experiment with tips, insertion and so on. Step by step. How to insert.. well, there are millions photo and video around us with girls and boys wearing IEMs.

Jun 12, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #746 of 914

Maybe the stock tips are too big. I think Jvc Spiral Dots++ (Small Size). Or Spinfit Cp500 (Small Size) might help.

UPDATE:

I finally got my Mangird Tea 2's... Too neutral sounding, maybe just a pinch of bass which really does not impress me since i have Jvc Ha-Fx1100s

FORGET ABOUT THOSE 2 TIPS. I'M USING THE SMALLEST COMPLY FOAM TIPS. I ALSO HAD A PROBLEM WITH FIT, AS MY EARS ARE SMALL.

The Jvc Spiral Dots++ (small size) were still uncomfortable in one ear due to the somewhat wide nozzle. Comply foam tips (Small size) just feel really comfortable, a feeling which i was unable to replicate with stock tips.

Attachments

• 20220614_014116.jpg
    20220614_014116.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #747 of 914
Mangird Tea 2's not much bass. Horribly big fin makes ear supper uncomfortable. Even Focus Edm with 300 usd aftermarket cables (copper and silver) sound better. After the 300 dollar usd aftermarket cables the Focus Edm is near Jvc Ha-Fx1100.

Attachments

• 20220621_204321.jpg
    20220621_204321.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #748 of 914
Mangird Tea 2's not much bass. Horribly big fin makes ear supper uncomfortable. Even Focus Edm with 300 usd aftermarket cables (copper and silver) sound better. After the 300 dollar usd aftermarket cables the Focus Edm is near Jvc Ha-Fx1100.
Tea2 and EDM sound way too differently. You are a basshead, Tea2 surely aint for you.

Glad you found your mojo 🤘

Jul 16, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #750 of 914
I have measured Tea 2 impedance (more correctly - resistance to direct current) and have got 9.2 Ohm, while specs say about 18 Ohm impedance. Can anybody reproduce? I can not understand why the difference with specs is so outstanding. I don't think it is possible dynamic driver has got sufficiently large inductance to get 18 Ohm impedance on 20 Hz.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back