Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
May 10, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #797 of 957
Quote:
 Better than his EP630. (The XE200 are too.)

well, that´s really no challenge 
biggrin.gif

I don´t know how the XGF are - reading through this thread randomly, I found contrary opinions
...like for nearly all models.
But I bet they´ll be worth at least €18,- 
beerchug.gif

May 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #798 of 957
Just stumbled across xears, awesome prices just a little overwhelmed by the number of models. The xe200pro seem to be pretty popular, has anyone given the XPA800Pro's or the XBF400Pro's a whirl?

May 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #799 of 957
 has anyone given the XPA800Pro's or the XBF400Pro's a whirl?

Brand new models - 1st day online,  "mini Rocket" looks nice :wink:

got the XGF500 today, no A/B comparison to my other xears, just a first short try,
but I´m very pleased so far, sound signature like xe200 and I like the blue tips,
thicker with better fit - defenitely a huge bargain for €18,-

May 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #800 of 957
Can you guys give me a good iem from xears thats good for indie rock and a lot of other genres? I listen to everything but mostly indie rock.
Apparently the XE200 is pretty good but there are so many other ones.

May 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #801 of 957
I just compare xgf500 and xe200 atm, but I have to admit, I´m pretty bad at this.
The difference is really small, both are deep, dark and bassy, with full body.
Completely different than the clear, bright and transparent xt2pro,
but nothing you miss or even mention without the direct compare.
Both (xgf + xe) are very good for Rock.
For electronic (at least the kind of I listen to) I prefer XT2pro, because bass of xgf/xe is often overdone in this case,
but nothing you can´t fix with EQ.
Regarding the actual €18.- of xgf I would def. go for them - for €30 I would prefer xe200.
But, as said before; the difference in sound is quite small, not sure if it´s worth €12...

btw
I think the most contrary opinions for model xyz are due to bad seal/fit of the tips.
I said the blue tips of xgf are better, what´s true, but still too bad for me.
The only way I get a perfect seal and sound is still the DIY-Comply-method
and I always add a clip to the cable to reduce the pull...

May 14, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #802 of 957
Just ordered the two new models with changeable filters - the XPA800PRO and the XM100PRO Mini Rocket. Given Xears QC issues it's probably a risky move buying something with a brand new feature but at €30 a pop they are more or less disposable price range anyways. They'll only be used for gym and the train to university or work as I use my Senn HD25 II's for everything else so the price is right.

Did have a brief scare at checkout, I went to pay by credit card and started filling out CC details then realised it was Skrill so bailed and pressed back and it kind of spazzed out. Checked my bank to make sure it hadn't processed and had a What moment when there was a transaction at that same time, eventually I realised that Amazon had decided to take the money for my Diablo III pre-order at that exact moment - crazy coincidence. Anyways checked out A-ok with PayPal second time round so should get them in 10-12 days here in Australia if anecdotal evidence from this thread is on the money. Will give feedback when they show up..

May 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #803 of 957
Ok, got the PSII PRO, i'm not the best at reviewing the phones, but i'd say great bass and vocals, nice stage, and a little dark perhaps. I'm wondering which model is best at reducing the outside noise...? cheers

p.s. this is probably the best Xears model for listening in bed =) along with XD120PRO seemingly

May 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #804 of 957
Hi guys, I just ordered the Blue XGF500 PRO off of the ebay store for 19 euros.
Does anyone know what color tips they come with? I'm hoping to get blue ones that match the casing, not black ones!
Also, anyone from Canada bought from Xears? How long does shipping usually take?

May 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #806 of 957
I'm impressed until now I thought I was the only Canuck who owned a Xears IEM in Canada. Seem to be enough Cunucks on here who have them.

May 28, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #807 of 957
Quote:
I'm impressed until now I thought I was the only Canuck who owned a Xears IEM in Canada. Seem to be enough Cunucks on here who have them.

Search a bit and you'll see me as well :)

I don't buy their IEMs anymore, although I have a lot of respect for them.  The prices just aren't as good as they used to be (even with coupon code... I got the Xears TD-II for 25$) and the housings tend to be too large for my poor little ears.  They did introduce me to mid-fi, so I pop in this thread and recommend them once in a while out of respect for that. :)

May 29, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #808 of 957
Quote:
Hi guys, I just ordered the Blue XGF500 PRO off of the ebay store for 19 euros.
Does anyone know what color tips they come with? I'm hoping to get blue ones that match the casing, not black ones!
Also, anyone from Canada bought from Xears? How long does shipping usually take?

Yes, they come with blue tips (see post #801), but (TBH) I´m no big fan of these.
Especially the flat cable delivers much more microphonics than the round one.
Best (reg. microphonics) is the fabric coated (IMHO). 
I just ordered the Mini Rocket XM100PRO (on ebay for €24 atm)
Not expecting very much, I just like the design :wink:
But generally I think they are great bang for buck ... sometimes, at least between
17 and 30 euros for the "top" models.
here in germany the brand is rather despised, mainly due to it´s crazy pricing.
If you allways sell an item for 119 / 49 and 30 at the same time, 
it demonstrate you still gain at 30 and rip off at 119 :)

edit:
I just made a small calculation on these XM100pro [mrsp €89,-]
ebay  €24,-
19% tax = 4,56
9% ebay +fee = 2,56 
3% Paypal +fee = 1,07
+shipping = 1,70 (worldwide €6-8?)
total selling costs = €9,89
gain = €14,11 - X (his purchase)
what may be X? something between 4 and 10???
Whatsoever, surely no bargain for €89 
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #809 of 957
Hey everyone, last week, i got Xears TD4 from their official website for 38 euro. But unfortunately, after 4 days, the left earpiece stopped working but thanks to Thomas, he has already dispatched me new IEMs. No doubt, he is very coperative but i seriously believe that there is some issue with Xears IEM's quality control and Thomas should do something about it.
Coming to the sound quality part, the highs and mids are very crisp, clear and accurate. Bass is deep and quite impactful. The decay times are very good. But i have an advice for bassheads (like me), stay away from these. I like thumping bass even if it bleed a little. Anyways, no regrets, the bass is still more punchy than other IEMs within the similar price bracket.
Soundstage is brilliant with good depth, and i can say excellent within this price range.

PS: when i used TD4's silicone earpads (provided in the package) with my old JVC marshmallows, they sounded awsome for me, just the right amount of bass (with a little bass bleed but perfectly fine for me) that i wanted from my IEMs :)

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #810 of 957
I have a pair of the XSR330 for 6 months now. Must say they are pretty durable as I travel a lot and use them quite often. Sound space, mid-high ranges are just great. Bass is punchy, but I am not big on bass, so cannot comment much. Casing does look plasticky, but if you can get past that, it sure is a great little IEM. Recently compared against my friend's AKG 430. Sure beat he AKG 430 hands-down in all aspect.

Hope this helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back