Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
May 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #781 of 957
xe200 + open and airy is nothing I could put in one sentence :blink:
for me they´re dull, muffled and very bassy (but not just in an evil way)
well, possibly the n3 are even more - in this case thx for the info and I´ll kick them from my watchlist.:D

Since I´m still looking for a real competitor to the XT2pro (clear, detailed, dry+punchy bass)
I just ordered the XT3 an hour ago.
I´ll report when tested....

I thought the XT2 were very bassy with recessed mids?

May 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #782 of 957
So you're saying the xt2pro had good bass but better highs,transparency and details than the xe200? Can you make a comparison between the two?

Again, I excluded the xt3 when choosing the Xears line because I read they were extremely bass heavy , like "BOOOM" heavy

May 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #783 of 957
Quote:
...extremely bass heavy , like "BOOOM" heavy

really? hmm, I just blind shot them because of their name and assumed an XT2-like sound-signature.
The xe200 are the most bassy IEM I ever heard.
Followed by the "TDII" and Brainwavz M2 ( these two sounds pretty equal to me.)
And yes, XT2pro have much more transparency, detail and clear treble than xe200
...and still enough bass,but with bbe they get the bass and body that maybe missed without.

But it´s always a question of comparison.
The TM5pro i.e. are quite ok when you listen to them only, but awful compared directly to the others.

May 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #786 of 957
Finally got the XT3 - just tested a little with some flacs (Michael Brook / Little Axe - no EQ or BBE),
1st impression;
Not as clear and transparent as XT2pro, but much better than xe200.
Bass is a little less than XT2pro also, but still decent and def. more my taste than overdone xe200.
No doubt, the "Booom" bassmonster of those 3 is xe200.
Still didn´t found something I prefer over xt2pro, but xt3 is pretty near...
xr120 and psIII* are on my watchlist, but I´ll take a little break first :wink:

*(psII - difference? I don´t know)

May 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #790 of 957
I am torn... what Xears should I order?

A friend has ordered both the XE200 and the XSR330, and he actually prefers the XSR330. According to him it has the best clarity and stage, and while the bass is a bit lacking that's nothing the EQ can't fix (whereas there is no way to improve stage and clarity etc. of the XE200. He also thought the size of the XE200 is a bit too big, especially when in bed... :frowning2:

However here it seems the XE200 is way more popular than the XSR330... (also the 330 are a bit cheap? The casing etc.?)

I'm looking for a relatively linear sound, that's what I'm used from my speakers and that's what I like.

May 9, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #791 of 957
Quote:
I am torn... what Xears should I order?

A friend has ordered both the XE200 and the XSR330, and he actually prefers the XSR330. According to him it has the best clarity and stage, and while the bass is a bit lacking that's nothing the EQ can't fix (whereas there is no way to improve stage and clarity etc. of the XE200. He also thought the size of the XE200 is a bit too big, especially when in bed... :frowning2:

However here it seems the XE200 is way more popular than the XSR330... (also the 330 are a bit cheap? The casing etc.?)

I'm looking for a relatively linear sound, that's what I'm used from my speakers and that's what I like.

They should have the same price of 30 euros + 8 for delivery if you use coupon.
Why wouldn't you try them both if your friend got them and decide which one you prefer. But you are right here XE200PRO is more popular as people say XSR330 are a bit harsh.

May 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #792 of 957
Hm. Not willing to spend that much... I desperately need a new phone too. The 330 too harsh... hm. How about build quality? Will it last?

May 9, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #793 of 957
Quote:
 According to him it has the best clarity and stage, and while the bass is a bit lacking that's nothing the EQ can't fix (whereas there is no way to improve stage and clarity etc. of the XE200.

Totally agree.
Seems that xsr is more what I´m looking for. 

BTW I have to correct my 1st Impression from yesterday.
xe200 is nicer than XT3, more bass (of course) but also better highs.
But both have this dull, wadding sound compared to XT2pro (+ apparently xsr)

TBH, I also excluded the xsr because of their cheap appearance,
but in the end sound matters, not style (at least for IEMs)

Just to mention:
on german ebay Thomas sell off the XGF500pro for only €18.- free shipping....

May 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #794 of 957
lol, yeah, thanks for the hint. Seems like the prices on Xears.com are way too high (well, what a surprise). No wonder he can so freely offer gift codes.

It's a shame that the green XSR330 are 120 Euro, they look quite nice. Regular ones are 40. The XE200 are 50 Euro...

Oh btw., my friend says the XSR330 aren't that harsh. Just a great stage and a bit lacking in terms of bass, otherwise quite clear. Better than his EP630. (The XE200 are too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back