Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jun 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #826 of 957
Use the coupon code. It'll bring it back down to 
€​
30.00 ​
plus shipping. 

I just tried it and the coupon code is still in effect.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #827 of 957
Quote:

Ok thank you, I prefer music like John Legend, Coldplay, David Guetta, Jamiroquai, some 50 cent. So I look into good bass (and I want my ears are isolated from the rest) but at the same time with good medium and high, before I had sennheiser cx 300 II, but some experts told me that xears 200 pro ebony is much better than sennheiser I used and that are perfect for my requirments. What about your opinion?
I was even considering xears pure audio 800 pro, because of the flat cable is easier to manage, but some friends told me that the best is xears 200 pro ebony (38 euro), what is your opinion?
Is for example DUNU DN-12 Trident better than xe200pro?  or perhaps MEElectronics SP51-BK?
Please someone give me an help :).

I listen music with iphone 4.
Thank you.

If you´re used to cx300, you´ll like the xe200 and they´ll be a huge step forward.
I don´t know any dunu, but I´ve read they´re only mediocre and below Brainwavz (reg. pricetag)
and for me Brainwavz loose (tightly) against Xears (except crappy sounding TM5pro)
Keep in mind that the flat cable has awful microphonics

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #829 of 957
Heya,

I'm very interested in getting a pair of IEMs!!!
I've been looking around and what I've gathered is that Xears are really really great!
I've also heard of other brands like MEElectronics, which is supposedly extremely good earphones.
Now I've recently found the discount coupon: KLANGFLUZZIS
and it reduces everything down to $30 Euros, but now comes the tricky part, since every earphone is $30 Euros, which one do i get?
Now my natural instinct is that the higher the price the better but im not to sure about that so id thought id ask here, and right now the highest priced one is the Pure Audio something something, but by just looking now they seem to have taken it off. 
Alright...
My preferences would that these earbuds be bassy, but also very good sound quality too. I listen to Rock, Pop, anything recent, and sometimes dubstep.
I am not interested in anything over ear, not my thing :p
Ok so hopefully you guys can recommend me a pair of Xear earphones or any other Earphones in general that you think would suit me. I am happy to go lower, just not any higher ok!
Anyway I was told that the XE 200 Pro are meant to be really good too.
Please tell me your opinions on what I should get :)
Thanks All!

Very Best,

Jul 4, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #836 of 957
thanks mate! That'll teach me for copy and pasting. now to just figure out which ones! Seems odd that people are recommending the most expensive ones. I would have thought they would be the better ones... it seems to be between the TD4, XE200PRO and N3? have people tried the newer (and more "expensive") XSR330PRO and XBF400PRO. My logic dictates they would be better than the other 3.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #838 of 957
I have an extra pair of XE200 if anyone is interested. It's a warranty replacement for my broken N3i, but I couldn't live without music while waiting for shipping so I bought different earphones locally. PM me for details.

Jul 13, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #839 of 957
I got the Xears XBF400PRO yesterday. After under 10 hours of play, I find the bass really good and the mids are not recessed. The highs falls short of sparkly, but it is fairly extended. My only complaint is it's sibilance. I hope it will settle down with burn in. I really like the way it presents music, it makes me want to listen to music the way my Alessandro MS2 does. XBF seems fairly forward and immediate, but forgiving. I own the Soundmagic E10M, the bass of the XBF400PRO feels more satisfying than the E10. I didn't particularly enjoy the way the E10 presented music, it doesn't sound all that inviting and rich. The E10 to it's credit sounds spacious with decent instrument separation, so it works with classical. I'm not yet getting any of that from the XBF. XBF does create a feeling of ambient space with it's slightly resonating bass, which I really like. It's juicy richer forgiving sound makes everything much more enjoyable. If the sibilance settles down, I am going to be very very happy.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #840 of 957
After less than a year (I believe I purchased my ultraphiles in the fall), they're done.  The problem is at the plug end and the connection was intermittent.  I tried some surgery at the plug, but it appears that it's not possible to try and resolder everything.  I've ordered those ubiquitous 3.5mm gold jacks with the spring relief.  Big, I know, but no other real alternative.  I'll try to see if I can replug them.  The problem I'm having thus far is determining which conductor is which and in fact, cutting the insulation without cutting the wire.

I do have a backup pair, but this will likely be the last Xears I get, even with the discount.  It's a bit annoying to be out, then the sound goes out.  Incidentally, I stopped buying Shure due to cable problems (cracking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back