Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jan 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #646 of 957

Quote:
Well, if you prefer sound quality go Xears, if you prefer Quality Control go Soundmagic.

I focussed on sound quality mainly, but I simply don't feel like they're worth the money. Sure, they have a good customer service but I don't want to keep sending emails asking for a new pair and so on.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #648 of 957
Jan 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #650 of 957

Quote:
My ultraphiles are now broken (after two days). Right housing came apart, glue doesnt seem to be too good. Driver still working though.
Put them together, let's see what happens..

Wow that was fast.. Took only 3 days? 

You could always get a replacement, although that is extra work. Good luck.

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #651 of 957
Yeah, after three days the right housing came apart. Glue doesn't seem to stick. Not a really big problem though, as I put them together again and they still work. Doesn't give you much confidence though in the build quality. I'll enjoy them while they last and get a replacement if they break really fast.

Must say that I have had many IEMs around €30-100 and they always break within a year. Only exception are my Sennheiser CX400 IIs..

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #652 of 957
how would you guys rate the bullet 120 pro, the ultraphiles and the 200 xi pro, they are the ones with low asking prices atm. Dont know which one to go for, from what i hear they need a little diy to get them decent, some glue some this and they will last?

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #653 of 957
Quote:
Yeah, after three days the right housing came apart. Glue doesn't seem to stick. Not a really big problem though, as I put them together again and they still work. Doesn't give you much confidence though in the build quality. I'll enjoy them while they last and get a replacement if they break really fast.

Well, today the left driver died. First, sound got muffled, and cut out intermediately. Then, after an hour or so, the driver completely died.
Let's if I can get some new ones.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #656 of 957
I'm not sure how long ago this was, but maybe it's new... Anyone notice the new website? www.xears.com

And I think new 

XSR330PRO 

Same exact name as the one with the red cord but this one has more green to it.  and 30 dollars more. 

It's hard to find out what is best.  It sounds like 

[size=24px !important] XE200PRO [/size]

are the best ones though.. I just don't like the look of them.  For some reason I really like that green one though.  Decisions decisions...  I like my bass, but all around quality is important too..  mmmm

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #658 of 957
Well if they are the same red XSR's, which I imagine they are, they are not very good.......all bass and no soundstage

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #659 of 957
It isn't that expensive so i'll go ahead and give them a shot, i'll let you know how they sound. Someone else said that the xrs330 (red ones) had a huge sound stage.. maybe it's a matter of opinion, but i'll find out soon enough. Coupon code still works contrary to the month old xears thread that said it wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back