Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jan 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #618 of 957

Quote:
And here I am with a channel imbalance issue in XE200PRO. For the time being, TD III V2 is a good substitute.

I just got my replacement pair of Ultraphiles and I think I have this problem. The right side sounds extremely low while the right side sounds normal.

Is there something wrong with my IEMs or should I just burn them in and wait.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #619 of 957

Quote:
I just got my replacement pair of Ultraphiles and I think I have this problem. The right side sounds extremely low while the right side sounds normal.

Yeah they are faulty, had this with the XT2 Pro's.  Seems to effect bass frequencies more but there was certainly an imbalance.

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #621 of 957

Quote:

Yeah, it's mainly the low end frequency imbalance as stated by NukinFutz

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #622 of 957
:hi there i want to order some xears perhaps, but i really dont know which ones to get, i read trough the whole damn thread. So far, in this order: xe200pro, ultraphiles, the new td4?, or another one i havent heard of. Also, does anyone know what the code is right now? I tried klangfuzzis on a xe200pro walnut but it wasnt valid. How do all of these compare to an re-0 or re-zero, wher can i get a good deal on any of those two considering i am in holland.

thanks!

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #624 of 957

Quote:
:hi there i want to order some xears perhaps, but i really dont know which ones to get, i read trough the whole damn thread. So far, in this order: xe200pro, ultraphiles, the new td4?, or another one i havent heard of. Also, does anyone know what the code is right now? I tried klangfuzzis on a xe200pro walnut but it wasnt valid. How do all of these compare to an re-0 or re-zero, wher can i get a good deal on any of those two considering i am in holland.

thanks!

RE-0 is much more detailed and balanced, a great all-rounder. Bass is not overwhelming but in right proportion (according to my taste).

Get the TD III V2 or TD 4 (not sure about the sound quality) as there will be fitting issues with XE200PRO due to large housings.

Probably ask Thomas (Xears) if he can give you a good deal.

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #628 of 957

Quote:
I wouldn't get any xears if I were you, they are very ****ty quality. Get Vsonic GR06 instead.

I second that, I'm enjoying GR06 very much indeed, a bargain for the price.  Xears might be worth it if you can get a pair that work properly and don't break after a month or 2, but certainly not at the full price. 
Frogbeats have a few good deals on at the moment, they have both Xcape and Xcited Sunrise models which, if you can afford, will be superior.  Or if you want Xears stick to the models people have tried and loved (TDII/III, XE200PRO)

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #629 of 957

Quote:
I second that, I'm enjoying GR06 very much indeed, a bargain for the price.  Xears might be worth it if you can get a pair that work properly and don't break after a month or 2, but certainly not at the full price. 
Frogbeats have a few good deals on at the moment, they have both Xcape and Xcited Sunrise models which, if you can afford, will be superior.  Or if you want Xears stick to the models people have tried and loved (TDII/III, XE200PRO)

The GR06 is certainly a great value. But IME they have a different sound signature from Xears, so potential buyers should just keep that in mind. That said, they're both two of my favourite budget IEMs. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #630 of 957

Quote:
The GR06 is certainly a great value. But IME they have a different sound signature from Xears, so potential buyers should just keep that in mind. That said, they're both two of my favourite budget IEMs. 

Looking at your sig you rate the eterna over both?  Was very tempted, they have it @ Frogbeats for £42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back