XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Oct 13, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #556 of 2,100
  eobet, I got the XD-05 last week and downloaded the driver from the manufacturer website (I didn't use the CD that came with it).  I have Windows 10.  The folder with all the driver and instructions was "XMOS-USB-Drive-V3.0.0."  After rebooting, my computer recognized the XD-05, and when you click on the red T it should show the XD-05 as a USB audio device. 

Not sure why the model doesn't match the product; maybe Xduoo is using another company's USB driver?

Installation went fine, except for the ASIOProxy install...... the installer would not run.  I downloaded a more recent ASIO component from the Foobar2000 components page.  After following the instructions that came with the XD-05 driver (other than installing ASIO Support 2.1.2 in lieu of ASIOProxy), I could play DSD as well.

I hope this helps!

Me too. I use thne latest ASIOProxy 0.9.2

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #558 of 2,100
i don´t like gearbest for a bad experience but many people buy without problem. i paid the same with free shipping on ebay 

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #560 of 2,100
The Xduoo XD-05 is $153 in black on Gearbest - seems too cheap. What do you guys think of this - is there a catch?
I'm think of getting this for my earbuds - VE Monk, Auglamour RX 1 and in the future some high end high impedance buds - will it be a good match?

I bought mine on Gearbest also.  It took about two weeks to come.  I am very happy with it.  I use it to listen to everything from $5 Monks to Audeze EL-8s.  There are 3 gain settings; this thing def puts out plenty of volume.

It is a bit arge and on the heavy side, but for the price it is great.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #561 of 2,100
  Let's see, does this work? Thought I'd post it here before I e-mail both XDUUO and Thesycon about this:

Step 1

Xmos? That is not the name of the product I purchased...

[size=20.007px]Step 2[/size]

I have to manually find the just installed driver package, and install drivers again. And wait... "eval kit"? Is this an evaluation version???

Step 3

This step is impossible to continue. You have to exit the wizard.

Step 4

xCORE? Again, that is not the name of the product I purchased...

STEP 5

More names... I bought the XD-05, not the XS1-U8!

STEP 6

Why a red T instead of a (for example) black X? Why does it say TUSBAUdio instead of XDUUO?

I had to launch two installers, quit out of a non-working wizard and encountered three different names of my product during this procedure. Compare that with, for example, the Meridian Explorer2 installation experience, which is one click install and done, and it says Meridian throughout...

XMOS is the DAC chip manufacturer, XS1-U8 is the chip itself. TUSBAudio is THE generic driver for USB audio products. 
Don't be daft.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #562 of 2,100
Hi!

I'm planning to buy this device from gearbest.com, it looks like most of you have done it with good results. Then I'll maybe put the Burson V5i chip in there which seems to produce better sound.

I currently have the shure 940 (for home use) and shure 215 (carrying around use) headphones. I used to have the Ibasso D12, which I no longer have. I know the shure 940 are not the most liked cans around here, but I like its clinical detail, it makes me feel I never really heard music until now... Anyway, is it possible somebody used this xDuoo XD-05 DAC/AMP with any of the headphones I currently own?

Would it be a good assumption that the xDuoo will have way better sound out of my headphones than the old ibasso D12 I had?

Thanks for your inputs!

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #567 of 2,100
Can anyone compare it with oppo ha2?

I might have a chance to compare it again to the ha-2 in a few days time.
Are there any specific aspects you are interested in?
It's very difficult to do general comparisons, but much easier if there are specific traits/features or sound signatures you are looking for...

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #569 of 2,100
sound signature

I might not have been specific enough....
tongue_smile.gif

What are your sound signature preferences?

It would also be useful to know what headphones you use
L3000.gif
(or plan to use)

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #570 of 2,100
I might not have been specific enough....:tongue_smile:
What are your sound signature preferences?

It would also be useful to know what headphones you use :L3000: (or plan to use)
well i will be using hd 598 for gaming an meze 99 classics for music. I want balanced and detailed songs. Highs and mids are my main needs. bass should be clean and balanced and good soundstage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back