XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Sep 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #528 of 2,100
So, are both you of saying that in order to hook it up to my PC, I need to dedicate two USB ports on it?? One for constant charging, and one for the data?
does your smart phone need to connect to usb cable to power up?

this thing works likee a phone it has internal battery.

what is your problem now ? turned on and nothing on lcd ? or powered up but pc cant detect

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #530 of 2,100
So two USB ports for this thing then, if you want to use it as a permanent PC sound source. Damn.

Good thing this was cheap.

This is not uncommon, the iFi Micro DSD has a similar solution as have LH Labs Geek Out V2+(albeit micro USB). There's also a good explanation for it as some designers doesn't like to mix power and audio due to possible interference.

I'd suggest you read up a bit before your next purchase so that you get something that suits your needs better.

You can always sell it and pick up something better for you.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #531 of 2,100
i report from the op-amp thread my humble opinion of burson v5i

finally arrived the burson v5i. installed and tried.
well......i was, in the past, a set in the "high-end"guy. today, i´m more quiet and racional(my wallet sais thank you)
So, apart jokes, the meaning is that today i have an entry level system but i really like it.
when i ordered the v5i, i do not expect great things; probably a slight improvement but considering the price of the v5i, why not?????
I state that i don´t believe in technological miracles, so i say that the v5i isn´t a miracle or a giant killer but a really good product considering the Q/P realtionship.
The sound signature of my amplifier is the same but in first place the imagine is better and more focused and now i have a tight bass.
it´s a refinement of good performance of my amplifier. but more important for me is the gain.  i use an oppo pm-3, so the gain is the lower.
but, so even I could not lift much the volume. now the volume is more progressive.
really satisfied

Just a last consideration about the installationa: you need to move the capacitors near and you need to push very well and at the bottom the v5i, otherwise it´s impossible put away the board in the case

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #533 of 2,100
thanks for sharing your thoughts @alota. i'm quite happy with the burson too. Expexting more opinions of new people that got this oamp

De nada compañero
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #534 of 2,100
I just received my xd-05 and Im wondering if it is broken or not.  Can someone tell me how do you know if charging is finished? Does it keep charging all the time if display is on? I assume the small red led next to charging port means charging but what are the differences of that blinking or staying solid red?

I have not tried that with my mobile with with my ubuntu laptop it worked out of the box with spotify.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #535 of 2,100
In my experience it's a little bug.
If you put the charger with amplifier off, the led is fixed. If you put the charger with amplifier on and after you turn off the led blinks and when the charge is complete, the led change to fixed.
Sorry for my english, i hope that you understand.

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #537 of 2,100
  Hi guys,
just wanna ask if it is possible to use the xd-05 just as a DAC without the amp? If it is possible, how do I do that?
Thanks for the help.

It's possible, if you use it as a digital DAC, the Line in in the back turns into Line Out. Just don't connect to the front HO cos that's the amp bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back