XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Apr 23, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #214 of 2,100
Which sound quality should be better Xduoo x3 alone or xd-05 OTG with Htc one m8?

Can you tell if your experiencing build quality issues?

Sorry i didnt have x3 or m8
Didnt have any issue with build quality 
The issue maybe, this thing is heavy and  get little heat when power up for a while arround 30min up.

Thanks, Diggy. Is that the S4 or the Note 3?

Perfect - exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks mate! 

How is the battery life for you guys? 

Thats S4
I never worried to charge in a week for 2-3 hour listening a day
But depend format you play, i feel playing dsd128 drain battery faster

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #216 of 2,100
Which sound quality should be better Xduoo x3 alone or xd-05 OTG with Htc one m8?

Can you tell if your experiencing build quality issues?

I have mixed the X3 with the XD-05 and valve pre amps and what I would say is this. 

The X3 hold its own with IEMs the sound quality is clear and not under powered. 

The XD-50 come into play when you need some backbone in your sound so for cans or to improve your pc sound quality for example. 

The valve is an interesting addon and warms it all a bit which gives you that feel of listening to old records to a point. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #218 of 2,100
Do you have other amp/dac to compare sound quality wise?

I have past experience with Xduoo x2 that two died on me. Did not return the 2nd replacement as shipping cost is same with the unit.

But im so impressed with the sound quality wanting to buy this item from them.

Fellows who have quality issues please chime in..

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #219 of 2,100
New owner to XD-05.Great SQ punchy output.  Does anyone know how to use filters PCM1,2,3,4? when i press filter button on the side, display shows PCM change accordingly.
i don't see any effect in SQ by selecting these filters I'm using MSR7.  Connection is Samsung S6 edge - XD-05 (USB) - MSR7

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #220 of 2,100
Guys, have you tried using regular 3.5 to 3.5 via coaxial in? Seemed to work. No need for the plugs to be trrs.

Sorry for the newbie question

Yea you can, but it just bypass amp in xd05
The volume knob on xd05 didnt affect anything if you use 3.5 out 

New owner to XD-05.Great SQ punchy output.  Does anyone know how to use filters PCM1,2,3,4? when i press filter button on the side, display shows PCM change accordingly.
i don't see any effect in SQ by selecting these filters I'm using MSR7.  Connection is Samsung S6 edge - XD-05 (USB) - MSR7

The filter didnt work on otg mode, that what i know from manual book

Do you have other amp/dac to compare sound quality wise?

I have past experience with Xduoo x2 that two died on me. Did not return the 2nd replacement as shipping cost is same with the unit.

But im so impressed with the sound quality wanting to buy this item from them.

Fellows who have quality issues please chime in..

Sorry to hear that, ill update if i experience with quality issue

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #221 of 2,100
Can anyone tell me how this machine will pair up with my SoundMagic HP150 and E80S?
Is my 95dB-32Ohm HP150 too sensitive for the XD-05? I guess the 102dB-64Ohm E80S should be sufficient?
I will be using the XD-05 mainly together with my laptop and iPhone 6S (to listen to Spotify) and it will be my first dac/amp
beyersmile.png

Thanks in advance!

May 15, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #224 of 2,100
Recieved the xd-05 after shipping delay.
My early impressions of this dac-amp
Otg from lg g5 is plug and play.
Bold and punchy sound with my Focal Classic. Very Nice sounding.
Some tracks I use the bass boost, perfect for 80's music or to give a extra rock out factor.
With he-560, it drives them, but can't rival my Gustard home amp. Not even close, but this was expected.
Also tried with my Woodie Langsdom, very nice sounding,
Will try with different op amps, just enjoying running it in first.

So far I'm very satisfied with this amp, for the price and what it can do it's a steel

May 23, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #225 of 2,100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back