XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
May 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #226 of 2,099
Recieved the xd-05 after shipping delay.
My early impressions of this dac-amp
Otg from lg g5 is plug and play.
Bold and punchy sound with my Focal Classic. Very Nice sounding.
Some tracks I use the bass boost, perfect for 80's music or to give a extra rock out factor.
With he-560, it drives them, but can't rival my Gustard home amp. Not even close, but this was expected.
Also tried with my Woodie Langsdom, very nice sounding,
Will try with different op amps, just enjoying running it in first.

So far I'm very satisfied with this amp, for the price and what it can do it's a steel
you can change op amps on xduoo-xd05 ?

May 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #227 of 2,099
Anyone figured out how to use this as a PC DAC-only unit? AFAIK it can only be turned on via the volume pot, which turns on the amp section as well. I'm using it as a DAC for my speaker via AUX out, and having to turn on the amp section kinda sucks

May 26, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #229 of 2,099
To be more clear on how to change the op amps on xduoo-xd05:

1) Remove the four screws on the front panel, and pull it out together with the PCB.

2) Plug the op amp out carefully.

3) Place your amp. Pin 1 should be in the red circle. The op amp must be a dual operational amplifier (Max input Voltage>9V), like MUSES02.

4) Close it and turn on. If everything is OK, it will be like normal like the left one. If it display "PROTECT", which means something wrong. The amp is not placed correctly or a fake amp.

The original op amp is a gold plated opa1612, which is already very good. There are too many fake MUSES02 on aliexpress or ebay. I won't recommend you to do so. But if you already have some good op amps, it's worth a try.

May 26, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #230 of 2,099
Anyone figured out how to use this as a PC DAC-only unit? AFAIK it can only be turned on via the volume pot, which turns on the amp section as well. I'm using it as a DAC for my speaker via AUX out, and having to turn on the amp section kinda sucks
anyone? :frowning2:

May 26, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #231 of 2,099

1) Remove the four screws on the front panel, and pull it out together with the PCB.

3) Place your amp. Pin 1 should be in the red circle. The op amp must be a dual operational amplifier (Max input Voltage>9V), like MUSES02.

4) Close it and turn on. If everything is OK, it will be like normal like the left one. If it display "PROTECT", which means something wrong. The amp is not placed correctly or a fake amp.

The original op amp is a gold plated opa1612, which is already very good. There are too many face MUSES02 on aliexpress or ebay. I won't recommend you to do so. But if you already have some good op amps, it's worth a try.

Thanks

May 28, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #232 of 2,099

The original op amp is a gold plated opa1612, which is already very good. There are too many fake MUSES02 on aliexpress or ebay. I won't recommend you to do so. But if you already have some good op amps, it's worth a try.

Great, Thanks for info
Any recomendation opamp for xd-05 beside muses02?

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #235 of 2,099
Jun 7, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #237 of 2,099
Can anyone compare this to other portable dac/amps ?

I am wondering if i should get this for most parts the dac. I know it has a 4490 but does it actually sound as good a dac it has ? Would it run circles around the schiit modi ?

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #238 of 2,099
It'd be nice if we can find a way to fit Burson v5 in it.

From what I heard, Mues8820 is not an upgrade to OPA1612, maybe downgrade. But they have different sound character. Maybe you'll prefer Mues8820. Just give it a try.
I've not got home to confirm yet but my brother has the v5 running on my LD I+ with the chasis opened. Not sure if the xd05 could run the same

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #239 of 2,099
Can anyone compare this to other portable dac/amps ?

I am wondering if i should get this for most parts the dac. I know it has a 4490 but does it actually sound as good a dac it has ? Would it run circles around the schiit modi ?
The Modi wouldn't come close to this dac. On my speaker system xd05 sounds much cleaner and more open. I did a three way comparison between the modi 2, odac and xd05 to find that the xd05 better to my ears than the other 2. The only thing I hate about it is that I can't find a way to use it as a standalone dac without turning on the amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back