XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jun 7, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #243 of 2,099
The Modi wouldn't come close to this dac. On my speaker system xd05 sounds much cleaner and more open. I did a three way comparison between the modi 2, odac and xd05 to find that the xd05 better to my ears than the other 2. The only thing I hate about it is that I can't find a way to use it as a standalone dac without turning on the amp
what do you mean as a standalone dac ? Is the lineout signal amped ? It is a legit fixed level lineout right ?

Holy crap better than the odac and the modi ? Dude ill pull the trigger if tell me to.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #244 of 2,099
what do you mean as a standalone dac ? Is the lineout signal amped ? It is a legit fixed level lineout right ?

Holy crap better than the odac and the modi ? Dude ill pull the trigger if tell me to.
The aux out is fixed level.

As a battery powered unit it's cleaner than the odac and the modi. It even has a screen, at $250. I see no reason to not pull the trigger. Sold my modi2 right away, though the odac is kept for, well, reasons.

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #246 of 2,099
so the XDuoo TA03 amp just blew my socks off, makes me wonder how good the XD06 is. Anyone have any impressions of it? What level does it play at? Would it be an upgrade for me over my Geek Out V2?

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #248 of 2,099
  Interesting mod. but lower battery

Is someone here rolling opamp to muses02 ?
I want to upgrade opamp looking for warmer sweet lush sound 

MUSES8820(the same muses02) is cheap at ebay. You can buy one and try it. AD8620 is another option, also cheap.

They're both JFET OpAmp. Definitely not an upgrade for OPA1612, but you may like the warm sound they have.

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #249 of 2,099

XDuoo TA03 is a tube amp.

Really? I had no idea 
rolleyes.gif

Just wondering how good the rest of their gear is, considering I am such a fan of them amp. I wonder if the DAC is as good lol

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #251 of 2,099

I don't own XDuoo TA03. From Xduoo website, it has two WM8740 chips, one for left channel, one for right channel, which is very good.

No i meant, if the TA03 as an amp is this impressive, I wonder how good the XD05 and XD06 is as a dac :)  And if they would be an upgrade to me Geek Out V2 dac. Count me as an XDuoo believer, I am really interested in their DAP and DACs now.

I already have the TA03, got it yesteryda. The dac in it is serviceable, I prefer my Geek Out V2 personally. But I am thinking of getting the XD06 to complete the set. 

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #252 of 2,099
No i meant, if the TA03 as an amp is this impressive, I wonder how good the XD05 and XD06 is as a dac :)  And if they would be an upgrade to me Geek Out V2 dac. Count me as an XDuoo believer, I am really interested in their DAP and DACs now.

I already have the TA03, got it yesteryda. The dac in it is serviceable, I prefer my Geek Out V2 personally. But I am thinking of getting the XD06 to complete the set. 

XD-05 is a quite good dac, with AK4490 chip. And it's portable.

Btw, after revewing TA03's specs, it's made for high impedance headphones, 60-600 ohm. So I guess normal IEMs are not suitable with it.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #254 of 2,099
I have not tried the iBasso you mentioned, but all other iBasso products I've had or auditioned are disappointing. Even the oft-lauded DX90 and DX80. On the other hand, the DX-05 really blew me away, never thought a $250 DAC amp could give so much. It has its caveats, but I don't think I could ask more from a DAC that cheap.

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #255 of 2,099
was wondering if this xd-05 is good for bass heads 

also can anyone comment on its sound when just used as an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back