XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Sep 3, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #451 of 2,100
Well that's how I am too. I mean, it TOOK an open mind for me to even take a chance on the HA-2, and I'm glad I did! Saved me $300. lol I'm just saying that it sounds pretty DAMN amazing, any many on here and Massdrop (etc) have agreed with that statement.

Wow 30?? And which amp/DAC do you have now??

I've spent HOURS at a time comparing headphones and amp/DACs, but it sounds like you've done MUCH more on that front than me. lol I've tried out like 7-9 headphones, and 2 different amp/DACs...............Celsus Sound Companion, and the HA-2. I also tried the Sony PHA-2, but couldn't get it to work properly, so it doesn't count. lol

Thanks! 

You can check my profile for my gear, it's pretty up to date and should only be lacking the most recent arrivals I believe :wink:

Some where review units but you'll find my thoughts on those here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816410/peter123s-250-amp-dac-combo-comparison-thread/15#post_12830143

Edit : there does indeed seem to be some units missing, I'll try to add them during the weekend

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #452 of 2,100
Apart ha-2, sony and other portable amplifiers, yesterday i used more my xd-05. My experience in headphones world is not really big but i head some stuffs called «audiophile». I have listened some tracks that use for test.
Well, i was surprised with definition of this object. My oppo retains its characteristics but in an higher level.
I'm really surprised

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #453 of 2,100
You can check my profile for my gear, it's pretty up to date and should only be lacking the most recent arrivals I believe
wink.gif

Some where review units but you'll find my thoughts on those here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816410/peter123s-250-amp-dac-combo-comparison-thread/15#post_12830143

Edit : there does indeed seem to be some units missing, I'll try to add them during the weekend

I just did. Very impressive! 

Oh yeah, I've also tried the Cozoy Astrapi and the AudioQuest DragonFly Black v1.5. Black was impressive!

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #454 of 2,100
Apart ha-2, sony and other portable amplifiers, yesterday i used more my xd-05. My experience in headphones world is not really big but i head some stuffs called «audiophile». I have listened some tracks that use for test.
Well, i was surprised with definition of this object. My oppo retains its characteristics but in an higher level.
I'm really surprised

alota.........so does that mean you now believe the HA-2 is better? I wasn't clear on what you were saying in your post. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #455 of 2,100
I just did. Very impressive! 

Oh yeah, I've also tried the Cozoy Astrapi and the AudioQuest DragonFly Black v1.5. Black was impressive!

I wish my wife would think so as well :wink:

Hmm, I'm really curious on the new DF's. I actually liked the original one quite a bit for a long time......

Someone offered to loan me a black one, might have to take him up on it when I've cleared up my review line.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #456 of 2,100
I wish my wife would think so as well
wink.gif

Hmm, I'm really curious on the new DF's. I actually liked the original one quite a bit for a long time......

Someone offered to loan me a black one, might have to take him up on it when I've cleared up my review line.

Haha! Unfortunately, we live in a world where MOST people may love music, but most don't care all that much about sound quality, or don't understand why that's important if you ACTUALLY CARE about music. 

Well they say the new v1.5 ones are an improvement. The reviews I've read said it makes a big difference b/t no amp/DAC at all and even so compared to the original Black. I got the Black v1.5 for a friend for his b'day. Haven't tried out the Red though, but they say it's noticeably better. 

Yeah you should. I usually write reviews on stuff I tried but since I didn't do an "extensive" audition with it, I didn't. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #457 of 2,100
With a lot of thoughts about the HA2 going in this thread I must say that it's one of the most disappointing amp/DAC I've tried. Its highs sound "broken" to me. It's a bright DAC/amp for sure but for me the high mids range sound very thin and unnatural; the treble sound is so harsh I almost thought my Grado was not burnt in (it was well run in). In terms of sound quality I'd rate the HA2 last, the Xduoo 05 in the middle and the C5D top. And IMO there's no comparison between all of these 3 amp/dacs and the Chord Mojo. With the Mojo everything sound refined to me.

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #458 of 2,100
Haha! Unfortunately, we live in a world where MOST people may love music, but most don't care all that much about sound quality, or don't understand why it's important if you ACTUALLY CARE about music. 

Well they say the new v1.5 ones are an improvement. The reviews I've read said it makes a big difference b/t no amp/DAC at all and even so compared to the original Black. I got the Black v1.5 for a friend for his b'day. Haven't tried out the Red though, but they say it's noticeably better. 

Yeah you should. I usually write reviews on stuff I tried but since I didn't do an "extensive" audition with it, I didn't. 

Ha ha, unfortunately you're right about that.

I'll try to get a hold of that Black :)

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #459 of 2,100
alota.........so does that mean you now believe the HA-2 is better? I wasn't clear on what you were saying in your post. 

Honestly i'm speaking only about the xduoo. I don't know about ha-2 because i don't have ha-2. From my listening i think that xduoo, forbthe price range, is a good product because you have an amplifier that drives many headphones, allows op-amp rolling, good connectivity and battery runs a lot of time

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #460 of 2,100
Ha ha, unfortunately you're right about that.

I'll try to get a hold of that Black
smily_headphones1.gif

lol 

Ok cool. Or I mean, that or the Red. Just depends on how much you wanna spend. The Red will suck up a BIT more juice from your phone to run, but it will sound better they say. Either one is great though and the portability factor is huge. From a distance one could ALMOST mistake them as being in-line remotes. lol

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #461 of 2,100
Honestly i'm speaking only about the xduoo. I don't know about ha-2 because i don't have ha-2. From my listening i think that xduoo, forbthe price range, is a good product because you have an amplifier that drives many headphones, allows op-amp rolling, good connectivity and battery runs a lot of time

Oh ok. Yes. There's no doubt the xduoo has A LOT to offer. I dunno. I'm 50/50 on trying it out. I hear people say all the time how this headphone or amp/DAC device sounds better than that, and from my experience, just because an amp/DAC is $600 and another one is $300 doesn't mean you'll hear a difference b/t the two. It is interesting to hear from both people who praise the HA-2 so much and those who clearly think very little of it. Maybe one day I'll check it out. If I do, I'll post here about my experience with pitting it against my HA-2. 

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #463 of 2,100
  just ordered the Burson  V5i Opamp. Now to wait 2 weeks (expected) just to try this mod and how it affects the sound of this great device. 

interested in your feedback
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #464 of 2,100
interested in your feedback:D

Same here! Gonna try Opamp rolling soon with the ones I have. The xd05 sounds really balanced with the bright-ish Ocharaku Co-donguri Shizuku but with the JVC Fxh30, I can hear some roll off in the upper treble region. Will try with a TLE 2082 and JRC4556 to try to open up the treble. Trying to get the fabled MUSES01 as well.

Can anyone recommend a warmish but detailed sounding one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back