XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 27, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #5,101 of 5,194
Think I have left it late to change all my 2000 cds....they sound ok .....still like playing my vinyl, and Cds still.
But I do like the portability of music players....etc.....wish I'd have known more back in the day.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #5,102 of 5,194
Think I have left it late to change all my 2000 cds....they sound ok .....still like playing my vinyl, and Cds still.
But I do like the portability of music players....etc.....wish I'd have known more back in the day.

Don’t feel too bad.

Many of these things didn’t even exist back in the early days. I remember when the only 2 choices were MP3 or WAV. Now we have loads of choices.

Heck, even the MP3 encoding algorithms have changed and improved over the years.

That’s always going to be the case with any technology. Even if you re-ripped every CD you own, there’s no guarantee that something better or more efficient won’t come along in a few more years.

I have a lot of videos in H.264, and now H.265 came out which has huge space efficiency advantages (for example).

Since you have 1,000 CDs already done, I say just enjoy what you have.

The only exception would be if all of your stuff is ripped to 128k MP3. That is crap and the sound improvements of re-ripping everything to at least 320k MP3 will be worth every minute spent.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #5,103 of 5,194
Agree...think I'll just carry on...the only thing I altered was the low, medium, highest, quality setting on media player...which I moved up to 192.....and that's it...Whether the sound as improved or not from the medium setting, I'm not sure.....all I know is on 192. It uses up more space....lol

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #5,104 of 5,194
Xduoo X3 via headphone out volume 60 into Gear4 Stream 1....
20190327_222229.jpg

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #5,105 of 5,194
Idk of anyone faced the same problem but i am having some physical problem with the option and back buttons. Usually there is a sort of spring-like feedback when i push those buttons but today after charging, they lost the feedback and now its like almost touchscreen :/

I might have piled some work stuff (all papers, nothing heavy) so i doubt its due to extended pressure on the buttons. Or is it due to an expanded battery :c damn, gotta open it up later

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #5,106 of 5,194
Sorry cant help you...mine all good , as onky few weeks old..

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #5,107 of 5,194
Hello,

Do we have any x3 rockbox users specifically? If so, have you hooked your x3 up to a pc via USB and tried to load files via windows explorer on to the player? The reason I'm asking is I'm getting a freezing, I get a little bi
t of the copy done, then the card just drops off as if it were removed from the player and the player has frozen. I've asked on the rockbox mailing list but either we don't have any users or they don't see the problem.

Thanks.
Dave.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #5,108 of 5,194
Hello,

Do we have any x3 rockbox users specifically? If so, have you hooked your x3 up to a pc via USB and tried to load files via windows explorer on to the player? The reason I'm asking is I'm getting a freezing, I get a little bi
t of the copy done, then the card just drops off as if it were removed from the player and the player has frozen. I've asked on the rockbox mailing list but either we don't have any users or they don't see the problem.

Thanks.
Dave.

I’m a Rockbox user.

I don’t use any USB copying because it’s always been slow and buggy (no matter if Rockbox or stock firmware).

I also have 400GB + a 256GB cards, and it would have taken me 50 years to copy all of my music via USB. I put the cards in a USB 3.0 microSD reader and it flies at an insane copy speed.

Seriously, do yourself a huge favor. Use a USB reader. They cost a few dollars at the most.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #5,109 of 5,194
IMG_20190329_212253.jpg
Damn, almost as what i expected, the battery is bloated :frowning2:

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #5,110 of 5,194

Damn, almost as what i expected, the battery is bloated :frowning2:

Yup, that’s a bad battery!

Get that changed and you’ll be back in business.

At least the battery is easily changed by us end users! Thanks for not making it some PITA iPhone type experience xduoo!

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #5,111 of 5,194
Yup, that’s a bad battery!

Get that changed and you’ll be back in business.

At least the battery is easily changed by us end users! Thanks for not making it some PITA iPhone type experience xduoo!
I'm heading down to somewhere near the electronics plaza at my area and i recalled seeing some shops selling lithium batteries, will definitely try to revive this beast as its so hard to find dual card slots!

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #5,112 of 5,194
Talking about batteries, whats the best way to charge these X3... using a lap top usb...or normal phone charger, as I noticed my black one getting warm today while charging, I will keep a eye on the silver one when I next charge that . But do you have to use a slower charger like pc, usb port...or is getting warm ok ?

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #5,113 of 5,194
Talking about batteries, whats the best way to charge these X3... using a lap top usb...or normal phone charger, as I noticed my black one getting warm today while charging, I will keep a eye on the silver one when I next charge that . But do you have to use a slower charger like pc, usb port...or is getting warm ok ?

To make li-ion batteries last as long as possible, they should be charged with as low current as possible.

In other words, just because batteries can be charged faster with high amp charging, doesn’t mean it’s best for them.

People nowadays are generally very impatient, so if something can be done in 1 hour vs 6 hours they’ll do it. Even if it means reducing the life of something up to 50%.

I would recommend recharging the X3 at 500mA. This is the sweet spot with max battery life. And that’s talking about ANY li-ion battery, not just the xduoo X3.

It willingly take longer to charge, but the increase in usable life will be more than worth it. I just charge at night when I’m asleep. Then it doesn’t matter how long it takes.

There are some exceptions of course. I have some battery cells that need 100mA charging.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #5,114 of 5,194
Slater..once again thanks for your input I will look out for a smaller charger.. Also gonna keep my eye out in the future for another player, buy a different brand. One that as much better battery life, and sounds good, probably better warranty, could still do with 2 slots, but one with good internal sd is ok...don't really need balanced, or bluetooth, ...more research needed...

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #5,115 of 5,194
Slater..once again thanks for your input I will look out for a smaller charger.. Also gonna keep my eye out in the future for another player, buy a different brand. One that as much better battery life, and sounds good, probably better warranty, could still do with 2 slots, but one with good internal sd is ok...don't really need balanced, or bluetooth, ...more research needed...

That could be the iBasso DX120. It does have a balanced but no wifi or bluetooth. Pure music player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back