XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 12, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #4,966 of 5,194
I like my xduoo players and wouldn't hesitate to get others (if the reviews were positive, of course).. I will purchase more but i'm good for now x2 and x3 v2. i'll upgrade eventually. had very few problems with my players, the x3 v2 has never frozen on me, which is bizarre for an mp3 player.. the x2 rarely does and if it does it's probably because I threw some neglected and abused microSD card that has been ripped out while reading and writing numerous times so it's not really a surprise.

the x2 was put into the washing machine, the kz zst's I had paired with them didnt make it but the player and MicroSd and battery all surivived, I just let it dry out for a week and it sounds as good as the day I got it. same performance all around. crazy.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #4,967 of 5,194
i've pretty much listened to my x3 non stop since I received it about 3 or 4 months ago. It gets warm, like hot to the touch... more so than any other player i've had... but that' doesnt bother me in Australia everything you touch is alw]ays hot, Despite the feeling like the heat is going to make it lock up. . i've had no problems with it, it doesnt even freeze. Most mp3 players i've had/have regardless of the storage type have frozen from time to time and some obviously way more than others, I don't recall this x3 ever freezing on me. which is crazy because i've had a myriad of players over the years and never had one that could consistantly work, freezing doesn't bother me, I just thought i'd mention it because it seems like it's some kind of an anomaly.
Mine is 3 years old, on the original firmware, and has never froze. Been a great player, mostly on my nightstand.

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #4,969 of 5,194
Mine's never frozen or given me any kind of grief. Only issue is that I walk on the beach a lot with it, and well, u can imagine what it's like trying to read the screen on a sunny day.
Yes. But there is a simple screen mod somewhere in the thread that takes care of that. I am mobile right now, so of little help in the search. I bought the suggested screen material a year ago and may still try yet. Like a $2 part literally, from China. I recall it as a replacement screen for the Nintendo handheld.

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #4,970 of 5,194
Yes. But there is a simple screen mod somewhere in the thread that takes care of that. I am mobile right now, so of little help in the search. I bought the suggested screen material a year ago and may still try yet. Like a $2 part literally, from China. I recall it as a replacement screen for the Nintendo handheld.

Edit: (didn't read it well, before my first comment)

I'm curious about this experiment.
Anyone did it?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #4,971 of 5,194
Mine's never frozen or given me any kind of grief. Only issue is that I walk on the beach a lot with it, and well, u can imagine what it's like trying to read the screen on a sunny day.

Edit: (didn't read it well, before my first comment)

I'm curious about this experiment.
Anyone did it?

Screen mod:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rockbox-xduoo-x3.803844/page-101#post-13376076

DIY case:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/rockbox-xduoo-x3.803844/page-93#post-13317169

Belt clip mod:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xdu...ss-music-player.782912/page-306#post-13620143

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #4,972 of 5,194
YES. the screen. Wow how they whiffed that. It's tinted or something isn't it? if the x2 has tinted glass it's not now. I think it's a spray like how they darken tail lights for that stealth appeal on modified street cars. I remember wiping something off the x2 with rubbing isopropyl. the x3 is impossible to read (mine anyway). About the only gripe I have for the player.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #4,973 of 5,194
YES. the screen. Wow how they whiffed that. It's tinted or something isn't it? if the x2 has tinted glass it's not now. I think it's a spray like how they darken tail lights for that stealth appeal on modified street cars. I remember wiping something off the x2 with rubbing isopropyl. the x3 is impossible to read (mine anyway). About the only gripe I have for the player.

Yes, the X3(i) screen cover is very dark tinted. Like very dark sunglasses. It was a big mistake on their part IMO.

It is not a coating, so it doesn’t come off. That’s why the whole cover has to be swapped for a clear one. Luckily it’s not difficult if you use my guide.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #4,974 of 5,194
Yes, the X3(i) screen cover is very dark tinted. Like very dark sunglasses. It was a big mistake on their part IMO.

It is not a coating, so it doesn’t come off. That’s why the whole cover has to be swapped for a clear one. Luckily it’s not difficult if you use my guide.

Ok. I had a feeling was the case. Seeing folks replacing the screen and all.

Nov 30, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #4,976 of 5,194
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between hardware v1 and hardware v2?

The 1500 vs 2000 mah battery isn’t a good test, as xduoo did eventually use the 2000 mah batteries in the hardware v1 units.

Thanks for the help

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #4,977 of 5,194
I'll echo the question what is the difference between v1 and v2?
Also, does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery for my x3 or make one?
I am also missing the two torx t5 screws on one unit I have, anyone know where I can find more?

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #4,978 of 5,194
Slater,

I think on V1 the buttons were labeled differently.
Top row was Power symbol and BACK
middle button was option
on newer ones upper right is ESC
and middle is MENU.

there may have been other variations but the labeling of buttons was always my goto for determining v1 vs v2

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #4,979 of 5,194
I have just pulled my 2 X3's out of retirement; they have been languishing in a drawer for at least 2 years. my black one has gone totally kaput but my silver one is working and sounding great. I am preferring stock FW over rockbox and I am discerning no pitch error at all, comparing with my other DAPs.... just wondering; did xDuoo fix the pitch error in later versions of the original X3? my silver one was purchased much later than my black one (which from memory defo did have the playback speed issue).

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #4,980 of 5,194
I have just pulled my 2 X3's out of retirement; they have been languishing in a drawer for at least 2 years. my black one has gone totally kaput but my silver one is working and sounding great. I am preferring stock FW over rockbox and I am discerning no pitch error at all, comparing with my other DAPs.... just wondering; did xDuoo fix the pitch error in later versions of the original X3? my silver one was purchased much later than my black one (which from memory defo did have the playback speed issue).
Are you sure that the resolution of the files you are playing is 44.1kHz and not 48kHz (or higher)...? The 'acoustic' perception can also play funny tricks, the best test would be if you 'cut', say, a five minute sharp audio file from a longer song which has has 44.1kHX resolution, in Audacity and then play it on the X3 and another DAP that does not have the ill reputation regarding the playback of RedBook files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back