XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 10, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #2,911 of 5,194
  That's strange because when using the Rockbox updater app on my Clip Zip it updates the entire OS including all the stuff I mentioned, so you must re delete it all.

We (xDuoo X3 users) don't use the updater app when installing updates on the X3. XVortex's RB page and his manual instructions are cited below.  We unpack the update file and copy it to the .rockbox folder where new files simply replace old ones.  Doesn't touch user settings, etc.  Be wary of posting counsel to xDuoo X3 users based on experiences with other platforms and not with the X3.

http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm
To install a system update of rockbox firmware please:
1) Turn OFF the player
2) Download new system update file (rockbox-update-xxx.zip);
3) Unpack rockbox-update-xxx.zip to the root of micro SD card, just overwrite old system files with new ones.
4) Install the memory card to the slot number 1;
5) Turn X3 ON

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #2,912 of 5,194
  That's strange because when using the Rockbox updater app on my Clip Zip it updates the entire OS including all the stuff I mentioned, so you must re delete it all.

That is definitely wrong.  You never have to (and probably should not) delete anything when updating rockbox on the Clip Zip.  Files in your existing install are deliberately kept compatible with newer versions of rockbox.  

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #2,914 of 5,194

We (xDuoo X3 users) don't use the updater app when installing updates on the X3. XVortex's RB page and his manual instructions are cited below.  We unpack the update file and copy it to the .rockbox folder where new files simply replace old ones.  Doesn't touch user settings, etc.  Be wary of posting counsel to xDuoo X3 users based on experiences with other platforms and not with the X3.

http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm
To install a system update of rockbox firmware please:
1) Turn OFF the player
2) Download new system update file (rockbox-update-xxx.zip);
3) Unpack rockbox-update-xxx.zip to the root of micro SD card, just overwrite old system files with new ones.
4) Install the memory card to the slot number 1;
5) Turn X3 ON

X3 users don't use the standard Rockbox installer app yet, that's true. As for not adjusting the RB OS settings why use it at all then? The only reason to run Rockbox is because it lets people customize all manner of settings to match their needs. Don't be afraid to try things you don't quite understand. That's how you learn things.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #2,915 of 5,194
What makes you think that I and other X3 Rockbox owners don't utilize the features provided? 

Personally I'm not finding your recent posts helpful.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #2,916 of 5,194
The Xduoo X3 deal is back again but from Aliexpress Easy earphones store now...and it finish today I think.
Price is 112$ include the famous LZ-Z03A earphones. The Xduoo became a 80$ bargain if you consider the 32$ value of LZ-Z03A...and coupons give extra rebate...crazy ALi.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-XDUOO-X3-Music-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-With-LZ-Z03A-03A-In-Ear-Earphone/519064_32634297541.html

I think i'm pressing ''ENTER'' bottom this time. Need to try this player with a LINE OUT, wich will permit me to concentrate on AMP COLORING after that...anybody test different amp with it? What about Xduoo amp is it any good? Kind of invade with OPamp these days...

About line out....any other cheap DAP with a good one? ONN X5 doesn't have one...Xduoo X2 neither...LINE OUT is like having a second player to me.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #2,917 of 5,194
The Xduoo X3 deal is back again but from Aliexpress Easy earphones store now...and it finish today I think.
Price is 112$ include the famous LZ-Z03A earphones. The Xduoo became a 80$ bargain if you consider the 32$ value of LZ-Z03A...and coupons give extra rebate...crazy ALi.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-XDUOO-X3-Music-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-With-LZ-Z03A-03A-In-Ear-Earphone/519064_32634297541.html

I think i'm pressing ''ENTER'' bottom this time. Need to try this player with a LINE OUT, wich will permit me to concentrate on AMP COLORING after that...anybody test different amp with it? What about Xduoo amp is it any good? Kind of invade with OPamp these days...

About line out....any other cheap DAP with a good one? ONN X5 doesn't have one...Xduoo X2 neither...LINE OUT is like having a second player to me.

this is what i got few days ago.. now its just shipped out.. plus a few coupons i paid $99 for it.. the killer part is the LZ Z03a makes the DAP worth even less.. guess easy had too much stocks for the ien haha

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2,918 of 5,194

Rockbox utility manage only official ports, this port is a project from one person who is not a member of the Rockbox team, until it's stable and accepted officially you won't find it in the updater.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #2,920 of 5,194
X3 rocks my whole system. Complements my ODAC well.

Sweet rig - I have a Starlight too with a Russian Reflektor 6N27P tube in. Sounds great.
That photo looks worryingly like you have your X3 pugged into the headphone out of your amp?
rolleyes.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #2,921 of 5,194
  Sweet rig - I have a Starlight too with a Russian Reflektor 6N27P tube in. Sounds great.

Russian tubes are the way to go. 6n30p is the most beautiful sound i've heard out of it. 6n6p is a bit flatter but has more bass impact IMO so I switch between them. Might look for something else in that range. love the russian 6v tubes though.

That photo looks worryingly like you have your X3 pugged into the headphone out of your amp?
rolleyes.gif

Shhhh! Now they know
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #2,922 of 5,194
Due to positive feedbacks and opinions from fellow head-fiers,
decided to purchase this awesome player with LZ-A3, which was also getting famous in the head-fi scene due to its predecessor, the LZ-A2.
I was thinking of purchasing Fiio X1 or X3 few months ago, when i was browsing aliexpress in search of good MMCX replacement cables for the A3, i stumbled upon this gem.
Well, when confirming if an audio equipment is good or not
there's only one place to go, it's Head-fi.
googled it with the head-fi suffix then it took me here
it was a pain to read all the pages but it was the deciding factor for me to buy the X3.
even more when it was getting Rockbox support(didn't know Rockbox beforehand, as this is my first digital player).
does the Rockbox in X3 adds support for .tta files?

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,923 of 5,194

Russian tubes are the way to go. 6n30p is the most beautiful sound i've heard out of it. 6n6p is a bit flatter but has more bass impact IMO so I switch between them. Might look for something else in that range. love the russian 6v tubes though.

Shhhh! Now they know
biggrin.gif

I'll have to try the 6N30P.  The cool thing about the 6N27P is that it's specifically designed to work with a low anode voltage (such as found in the Starlight) so it's working under optimal conditions.
Right...

...and now back to the X3...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #2,924 of 5,194

Would that be a better deal than this one? The Xduoo X3 with Vsonic VSD1S for $102.60
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Professional-Lossless-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-with-HD-OLED-Screen-Support-APE-FLAC-ALAC-WAV-WMA/32583614134.html

http://www.head-fi.org/products/vsonic-vsd1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back