XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,926 of 5,194
How does it compare to ipod classic 5th generation?

I think the X3 sounds a bit better. Less warm sounding then Ipod 4 or 5.5 with a larger soundstage, better separation and a tighter more controlled bass. The main sell for me on the X3 was size, storage capacity and price.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #2,928 of 5,194
I took the X3 out for a Ski test at Whistler on the weekend, sunny bluebird spring day, soft corn snow everywhere..  The Lz-03's paired perfectly with my helmet and were comfortable all day once I took out the Bluetooth speakers.  Started up the X3 on gondola ride up, what a treat to ski with music of this quality, I always ski much better with music.  Loved the physical buttons that I could operate though my jacket. Once the folder was done playing I pull out the X3 to change directories.......  Ok so the X3 screen is not bright daylight viewable. I was able to blindly guess the button pushes to change to a new directory but the user experience was less than good for sure.

Has anyone got the voice menus working, or found a workaround for not being able to read the screen in bright sunlight ? If so any help would be appreciated.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #2,929 of 5,194
  Has anyone got the voice menus working, or found a workaround for not being able to read the screen in bright sunlight ? If so any help would be appreciated.

I haven't played with that feature.  But I wonder if you've scoped out this reference:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/VoiceHowto

And if memory serves a member has posted that he got a British (I think) voice to work.  Might want to try a search for voice in the two xDuoo X3 threads (reg + rockbox).

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #2,931 of 5,194
Looking at russian site http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=702751&st=900

notice this:

firmware

Version 1.0 - Download
Version 1.1 - Download
1.1beta version (the most stable) - Download
Rockbox - Download

interesting about the 1.1beta version being the most stable.. anyone know why?

UPDATE: 

this is according to them (translated)

---

Recently it emerged beta.Po reviews it did sound a little better (although this is relative, some did not like the sound) There are 2 options: the final version 1.Ili decided not to change anything in terms of sound (doubt it) 2.Ty not hear the difference of -this headphones or just pretty hard for you to hear the difference between your ears (I in terms of what you hear the difference a strong difference in the sound, but that's fine points there) Sorry if you wrote a little confusing message has been edited MoeMope - 23.12.2015, 01:45

They write that the beta was just rassinhron channels, hence the expansion of the sound appeared small, it was removed in the release.

---

^^^ not quite understand what last message was, probably regarding staging?

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #2,934 of 5,194
Which daps have you heard?

Been here since 2006 and into head-fi before then so more than I could possibly count. You ever heard of the AT&T Flashpac?!?!?

Beats the FiiO X1, Fiio X3 and on par with the Fiio X7 imo.

Beats all Cowon Plenue devices I have heard. Beats Sansa Clip.

On the same level as Sony Walkman Hi-Res & AK Jr.

The only other DAPs with comparitively powerful headphone output are quite old. such as the Nomad Jukebox Zen which only has about 1GB storage and USB 1.1. Most recent DAPs

If Xduoo X3 had USB DAC support it would be #1 of everything IMO. especially for the price.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #2,935 of 5,194
Been here since 2006 and into head-fi before then so more than I could possibly count. You ever heard of the AT&T Flashpac?!?!?

Beats the FiiO X1, Fiio X3 and on par with the Fiio X7 imo.

Beats all Cowon devices I have heard.

On the same level as Sony Walkman Hi-Res & AK Jr.

The only other DAPs with comparitively powerful headphone output are quite old. such as the Nomad Jukebox Zen which only has about 1GB storage and USB 1.1. Most recent DAPs

If Xduoo X3 had USB DAC support it would be #1 of everything IMO. especially for the price.

So is it really comparable to fiio x7?

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #2,938 of 5,194
I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. I have no allegiance to either brand.

Didn't finish my sentence earlier - most modern DAP even $1k plus have weaker amp stage than the xduoo.[/quote
Thanks for replying.Does it sound bright compared to ipod classic 5th generation. I have sandisk sansa clip plus and i find its sound to be quite bright compared to the ipod.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,939 of 5,194

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. I have no allegiance to either brand.

Didn't finish my sentence earlier - most modern DAP even $1k plus have weaker amp stage than the xduoo.[/quote
Thanks for replying.Does it sound bright compared to ipod classic 5th generation. I have sandisk sansa clip plus and i find its sound to be quite bright compared to the ipod.

No I think it's one of the least bright DAP I ever owned, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back