XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 9, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #2,896 of 5,194
The only things I think that specifically need to be ported from X3 firmware to Rockbox still is the option to choose fast or slow DAC roll off.

Also I'm not sure if the +6dB optional boost is in software or actually tells the amp to do something different. It's very helpful with high impedance phones like the Hifiman ES100 or Asura 2.0 though.

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,898 of 5,194
Is anybody aware of any good Rockbox skins which support the ordering by album year when browsing artists in the database? It would make it much easier to browse through albums for, say, the Beatles when dealing in chronological rather than alphabetical.

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #2,899 of 5,194
  The only things I think that specifically need to be ported from X3 firmware to Rockbox still is the option to choose fast or slow DAC roll off.

Also I'm not sure if the +6dB optional boost is in software or actually tells the amp to do something different. It's very helpful with high impedance phones like the Hifiman ES100 or Asura 2.0 though.

According to xvortex by default +6db is implemented in rockbox

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #2,902 of 5,194
Can anyone compare this with colorfly c3?

Did you search this thread for "colorfly"?  There are two pages of posts with that word in them.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,904 of 5,194
Is anybody aware of any good Rockbox skins which support the ordering by album year when browsing artists in the database? It would make it much easier to browse through albums for, say, the Beatles when dealing in chronological rather than alphabetical.

Skins apply only on the look, icons, fonts, WPS (While Playing Screen), not on firmware.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #2,906 of 5,194
Rockbox needs all the processor speed it can get to play the music therefore I use the most minimal skin I could find, Clock2 and I remove all backgrounds, languages, txt files and such that I am not using at the time. I also turn off the database auto update feature. Every little bit helps. The downside is you have to delete all these things over and over again every time you update RB.

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,907 of 5,194
  Rockbox needs all the processor speed it can get to play the music therefore I use the most minimal skin I could find, Clock2 and I remove all backgrounds, languages, txt files and such that I am not using at the time. I also turn off the database auto update feature. Every little bit helps. The downside is you have to delete all these things over and over again every time you update RB.

I don't know what you're talking about.   My database auto update is OFF and has not changed with any Rockbox update.  Nor have any other settings I've made.

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2,909 of 5,194

I don't know what you're talking about.   My database auto update is OFF and has not changed with any Rockbox update.  Nor have any other settings I've made.

Bob, I didn't IM that to you personally, I posted it to the thread for those new to the Rockbox OS. 

Oh I understood that but what you're saying is wrong with regard to the X3 and XVortex's RB port.  You don't have to delete things over and over after each update because they don't change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back