XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 2, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #2,807 of 5,194
  First,you have to add a X3 to the cart from the seller named HCK in aliexpress.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20160331203210&SearchText=xduoo+x3
You can see the name HCK from the picture.
Then, use laptop or desktop to chat with the seller, ask them for the discount for Head-Fi members. The app from phone won't let me chat with them. They'll ask you to give them the order number by placing the order without going to the last page to complete.
After that, they sent you an email with the discount link to pay $88. Before you pay $88, sign up for the Alipay first to get $8 off. Click "Get the coupon now" after you signed up. If the coupon are all out, try again on the beginning of the next hour.
http://activities.aliexpress.com/alipay_march_pc.php
The offer ends on Apr 2.
Then go back to your link and pay using the app, now you should see $80.

Good luck!

3 words.

I love you.

Although there were no more coupons, $88 is still a great price for me =)

looking forward to getting it

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #2,808 of 5,194
I just got my x3. There was no manual . I don't see one xduoo's site Anybody know where I can get it online?

http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnProductShow.asp?id=62

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #2,810 of 5,194
There really isn't much to any manual besides what I showed you above.  The firmware instructions are here from the firmware update folder:

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #2,811 of 5,194
There really isn't much to any manual besides what I showed you above.  The firmware instructions are here from the firmware update folder:

Thanks again Bob A. I'm picking a microsd tomorrow to try things out until I get my larger capacity microsd's.
Eventually I want get Rockbox on it and all my flac files. I come from the iPod video, Rockbox,Tarkan storage expansion world.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,812 of 5,194
Instead of leaving my X3 lying around, I thought I will see if anyone on here would give it some love. Happy to post images of device and I think I still got the packaging, less screen protector. Feel free to PM me an offer. :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #2,816 of 5,194
Hi All, been reading most of this thread, and the Fiio x1, and M3  players....As anyone here got both the  x3  and the fiio x1..... if yes, Whats your views on them both...
If I buy either of these players....All I would be doing is fitting two micro sd cards  64 gb.....and hopefully dragging and dropping my cds from the lap top in media player...
Do you have to format both these cards in the player itself...or on the pc ?
Also would it be easier to just put the card into a adaptor , then into the pc, lap top , and then load up the cards... then put them into the player ?.....
Whats best...... thanks in advance.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #2,817 of 5,194
Hi, first congratulate XVortex.
Recently i have installed rockbox, the major problem in my opinion is that you cannot charge while you're playing music, in a device with 8-10h of battery life this is a big issue. For me the usb to pc problems are secondary because i use a card reader.
Other issue less worrying is the line out volume.

Other positive thing beside the obvious pich bug and gapless etc, is faster boot time; a good thing in that battery absent device.

So i rise the question to XVortex; when do you estimate that the usb and other problems will be solved?

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2,818 of 5,194
  Hi All, been reading most of this thread, and the Fiio x1, and M3  players....As anyone here got both the  x3  and the fiio x1..... if yes, Whats your views on them both...
If I buy either of these players....All I would be doing is fitting two micro sd cards  64 gb.....and hopefully dragging and dropping my cds from the lap top in media player...
Do you have to format both these cards in the player itself...or on the pc ?
Also would it be easier to just put the card into a adaptor , then into the pc, lap top , and then load up the cards... then put them into the player ?.....
Whats best...... thanks in advance.

I have both Fiio X1 and xDuoo X3.

Fiio X1 has a better build than X3 in my opinion. The LCD looks much better (larger, colorful). The favorite list is handy.

But xDuoo X3 has dedicated LO, so one doesn't need to fumble in the menu to find the software switch (I asked for this in X1 posts: why don't they provide a better UI to switch back and forth, it seems no one even cares). Two sd cards definitely blows me away because nowadays, music files are getting larger, with 2 SD card, one can essentially forget about deleting old files. X3 now has the rockbox option. Even highly compressed APEs are supported without any problem. Previously I observed some pauses during playback with stock firmware, rockbox has made this flawless.

Sound wise, I don't see any difference much but I kind of prefer X3 for the convenience. Battery: both are pretty decent but not exceeding expectations.

I have been using SD card readers to move files around. The speed is usu. 15M/s for large files. So not too bad in my opinion. After that, I will manually trigger the database update because with that feature, one can find songs in different ways other than directory. This works for both X1 and X3.

For me the real down side for X3 is the favorite list. m3u8 is very convenient if you know how to edit them. This means, one can even create them on the desktop computer and save them to the SD card. However, it doesn't support tracks in the cue sheet. In Fiio X1, it's not perfect either: one can add tracks in a cue sheet into the favorite list but cannot add them to the common playlists. With rockboxed X3, there is no shortcut for favorite. The playlist functionality requires a little practice as well. Luckily rockbox is opensourced. If I have the time, I might help to add this small feature myself.

As for X1, some part is so nice but some missing part is not going to be fixed: APE support is minimal; its arrangement of cue sheet is kind of weird. No rockbox support to improve.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #2,820 of 5,194

I have both Fiio X1 and xDuoo X3.

Fiio X1 has a better build than X3 in my opinion. The LCD looks much better (larger, colorful). The favorite list is handy.

But xDuoo X3 has dedicated LO, so one doesn't need to fumble in the menu to find the software switch (I asked for this in X1 posts: why don't they provide a better UI to switch back and forth, it seems no one even cares). Two sd cards definitely blows me away because nowadays, music files are getting larger, with 2 SD card, one can essentially forget about deleting old files. X3 now has the rockbox option. Even highly compressed APEs are supported without any problem. Previously I observed some pauses during playback with stock firmware, rockbox has made this flawless.

Sound wise, I don't see any difference much but I kind of prefer X3 for the convenience. Battery: both are pretty decent but not exceeding expectations.

I have been using SD card readers to move files around. The speed is usu. 15M/s for large files. So not too bad in my opinion. After that, I will manually trigger the database update because with that feature, one can find songs in different ways other than directory. This works for both X1 and X3.

For me the real down side for X3 is the favorite list. m3u8 is very convenient if you know how to edit them. This means, one can even create them on the desktop computer and save them to the SD card. However, it doesn't support tracks in the cue sheet. In Fiio X1, it's not perfect either: one can add tracks in a cue sheet into the favorite list but cannot add them to the command playlists. With rockboxed X3, there is no shortcut for favorite. The playlist functionality requires a little practice as well. Luckily rockbox is opensourced. If I have the time, I might help to add this small feature myself.

As for X1, some part is so nice but some missing part is not going to be fixed: APE support is minimal; its arrangement of cue sheet is kind of weird. No rockbox support to improve.

This is a pretty good comparison IMO as a former fiio x1 owner who now owns a X3. I would never go back to the X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back