XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 7, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,026 of 5,194
Soundstage wise it's difficult, because I find headphones have a major bearing on soundstage. A few months ago I bought the Musical Fidelity M200's. Very uncomfortable but amazing sounstage. I don't think the Xduoo X3 has the best soundstage, but I'm listing to Raghu Dixit right now and there is enough width and depth to be noticeably enjoyable. But the Fiio X3 2nd gen is better because the highs give it more width. But I am enjoying the Xduoo right now and it sounds brilliant and the positioning of instruments is good. If you want a very three dimensional soundstage think about the Xuelin ihifi 770C it's exceptional.
only fiio and xduoo available here and the latter for a comparitively high price.xuelin is not available here.some products on amazon is not eligible for shipping to india.but I found hidzis ap100 for around 240 dollars(inc shipping and tax).is it worth that price.fiio x3ii(200) xduoo x3(150) is available here.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #2,027 of 5,194
only fiio and xduoo available here and the latter for a comparitively high price.xuelin is not available here.some products on amazon is not eligible for shipping to india.but I found hidzis ap100 for around 240 dollars(inc shipping and tax).is it worth that price.fiio x3ii(200) xduoo x3(150) is available here.

I've never heard the Hidzis. The Fiio X3 2nd is a nice piece of kit and may meet your highs, detail and sounstage requirements. It has a good DAC section that will make other equipment sound wonderful.

Mar 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #2,028 of 5,194
I've never heard the Hidzis. The Fiio X3 2nd is a nice piece of kit and may meet your highs, detail and sounstage requirements. It has a good DAC section that will make other equipment sound wonderful.

I have Hidizs Ap100 and it is only a little bit better than Xduoo X3 but the difference is no big.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,029 of 5,194
I'm picking up a X3 today from ali for $85 US, I opted for the 15 day shipping ($2). I hope I can post the link without violating any rules as it might save some cash for someone:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/XDUOO-X3-Professional-Digital-Audio-Lossless-Music-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-with-HD-Screen-MAX-Support/32608397616.html

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2,030 of 5,194
  I'm picking up a X3 today from ali for $85 US, I opted for the 15 day shipping ($2).

That store's feedback of 93.6% doesn't inspire confidence.  Did you contact Easy at his AliExpress store to ask about his Head-Fi discount?  Bets are he would have tried to match or better what you linked.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,032 of 5,194
  Wish I knew what you're talking about, nothing on the OP's page about Easy .  I don't get inspired about anything on Aliexpress, all the reviews are fake.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/519064     Store:Easy Earphones & Headphones Co'ltd

TwinACStacks has been posting in several threads in the Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors  subforum about contacting Easy and the Head-Fi discounts.  You could always PM TwinACStacks for info too.  He won't mind (and is also a xDuoo X3 owner).

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2,033 of 5,194
  I'm picking up a X3 today from ali for $85 US, I opted for the 15 day shipping ($2). I hope I can post the link without violating any rules as it might save some cash for someone:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/XDUOO-X3-Professional-Digital-Audio-Lossless-Music-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-with-HD-Screen-MAX-Support/32608397616.html

Don't buy from that seller. He listed the item for 66$ previously. I made an order but one week later I was told the item was not in stock. So I tried to cancel it with the reason `out of stock'. The seller wouldn't refund me. I was specifically told to leave the reason as `I don't want the item' but I didn't want to lie about this. Several days later, suddenly the item was marked shipped. I thought the seller might get inventory but it's actually not. That guy was just buying himself/herself time. About another week later, I asked the seller again about the shipping because there was no tracking. The seller said I have to open a dispute blah blah...

I think the seller was just trying to get free credits with this kind of tricks. If the buyer said it's okay, perhaps aliexpress won't discredit the seller. I am not sure whether the buyer will be discredited but this is really nasty.

I am not sure there is a better way to let other people know about these evil sellers. Just be careful about these sellers.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2,034 of 5,194
The supplier is processing your order
Reminder:   This order will be automatically cancelled if the supplier does not ship your order within: 2days 21hours 50minutes 40seconds .

edit 9 Mar 2016:          Status:  The seller has shipped your order.
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep everyone updated. (don't want to flood this thread with my own crapola, I'll keep it short).

EDIT:   3/29/2016, well I got it today, all good. The USPS took 10 days to get it from LA to NV.
I've immediately updated to Rockbox and it works great.
I'm Happy.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #2,035 of 5,194

Don't buy from that seller. He listed the item for 66$ previously. I made an order but one week later I was told the item was not in stock. So I tried to cancel it with the reason `out of stock'. The seller wouldn't refund me. I was specifically told to leave the reason as `I don't want the item' but I didn't want to lie about this. Several days later, suddenly the item was marked shipped. I thought the seller might get inventory but it's actually not. That guy was just buying himself/herself time. About another week later, I asked the seller again about the shipping because there was no tracking. The seller said I have to open a dispute blah blah...

I think the seller was just trying to get free credits with this kind of tricks. If the buyer said it's okay, perhaps aliexpress won't discredit the seller. I am not sure whether the buyer will be discredited but this is really nasty.

I am not sure there is a better way to let other people know about these evil sellers. Just be careful about these sellers.

One of the reasons I dont buy from Aliexpress.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,036 of 5,194
I am not at all surprised by the 130+ pages about this player. I love it! But I need more POWAH! (I realize I do not need more, but am looking for the "fullness" you get from using one, better than my baby fiio)

I drive my sennheiser HD 380 pros (I am aware these are studio monitors, but I like the sound more than my creative aurvana live!) with a fiio E6 using line out with this player. Sounds fantastic, but the E6 isn't known to be great in regards to sound quality. I know the A3 is decent, but I am trying to get the best match for the DAP. The E6 gives more than enough juice, heck even the player does, but I know these cans can keep giving.

Hated the topping NX2. Didn't like what it did to soundstage and detail, in my opinion. I would also benefit from a DAC as my laptop has garbage output but I don't really ever use it. Looking to spend under 100 with this.

Thanks in advance, I know someone with more knowledge about pairing devices up can help.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,037 of 5,194

For India xDuoo X3 cheapest option to buy from here which is $127 (8557 INR) at the moment. This is the only authorize dealer for India.

http://hifinage.com/xduoo-x3.html

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2,038 of 5,194
 For India xDuoo X3 cheapest option to buy from here which is $127 (8557 INR) at the moment. This is the only authorize dealer for India.

http://hifinage.com/xduoo-x3.html
[/quote plus shipping charges.they r also the authorize dealers of fidue,vsonic.I checked olx and found x5 1st gen(4 months old) used and after bargaining I will get it this sunday for INR11750(180)

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #2,039 of 5,194
 Looking to spend under 100 with this.  

That's gonna be tough.  Some folks have commented about really liking their xDuoo X3 mated to a FiiO E12 (which has a DAC) if for nothing else than the additional headroom.   Without a DAC the Cayin C5 gets accolades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back