XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 8, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #2,041 of 5,194

For India xDuoo X3 cheapest option to buy from here which is $127 (8557 INR) at the moment. This is the only authorize dealer for India.

http://hifinage.com/xduoo-x3.html
[/quote plus shipping charges.they r also the authorize dealers of fidue,vsonic.I checked olx and found x5 1st gen(4 months old) used and after bargaining I will get it this sunday for INR11750(180)

U can blindly go for that deal, its worth the extra money. Xduoo X3 is a good competitor to FiiO X3ii and I liked it over FiiO X3i and FiiO X1. But X5 altogether, is from another price class. More to the premium side, where as xduoo is more like an entry level player which sounds good. 'FOR THE PRICE YOU MENTIONED', its a good deal. I have seen people selling older X3i in India for that price in last six months. What you get over Xduoo is, a better interface, There must not be a day and night difference, but FiiO X5 is better sonically may be by a margin. If I were at your place, I would have already got it.

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #2,042 of 5,194
U can blindly go for that deal, its worth the extra money. Xduoo X3 is a good competitor to FiiO X3ii and I liked it over FiiO X3i and FiiO X1. But X5 altogether, is from another price class. More to the premium side, where as xduoo is more like an entry level player which sounds good. 'FOR THE PRICE YOU MENTIONED', its a good deal. I have seen people selling older X3i in India for that price in last six months. What you get over Xduoo is, a better interface, There must not be a day and night difference, but FiiO X5 is better sonically may be by a margin. If I were at your place, I would have already got it.
I would have already got that but the seller is out of station.
Thanks for the information and reply

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #2,043 of 5,194

That's gonna be tough.  Some folks have commented about really liking their xDuoo X3 mated to a FiiO E12 (which has a DAC) if for nothing else than the additional headroom.   Without a DAC the Cayin C5 gets accolades.

E12 doesn't have a DAC and Xduoo X3 doesn't have Digital out. :wink:

Yup... hell to pay before having my morning coffee.   Sorry!

And yeah FWIW I'm a retiree and like to sleep in!

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #2,044 of 5,194
  I am not at all surprised by the 130+ pages about this player. I love it! But I need more POWAH! (I realize I do not need more, but am looking for the "fullness" you get from using one, better than my baby fiio)

I drive my sennheiser HD 380 pros (I am aware these are studio monitors, but I like the sound more than my creative aurvana live!) with a fiio E6 using line out with this player. Sounds fantastic, but the E6 isn't known to be great in regards to sound quality. I know the A3 is decent, but I am trying to get the best match for the DAP. The E6 gives more than enough juice, heck even the player does, but I know these cans can keep giving.

Hated the topping NX2. Didn't like what it did to soundstage and detail, in my opinion. I would also benefit from a DAC as my laptop has garbage output but I don't really ever use it. Looking to spend under 100 with this.

Thanks in advance, I know someone with more knowledge about pairing devices up can help.

Isn't E6 weaker than the Xduoo X3 HP out?

I've paired mine with the fiio Q1 and really like this combo!

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #2,045 of 5,194

I am not at all surprised by the 130+ pages about this player. I love it! But I need more POWAH! (I realize I do not need more, but am looking for the "fullness" you get from using one, better than my baby fiio)

I drive my sennheiser HD 380 pros (I am aware these are studio monitors, but I like the sound more than my creative aurvana live!) with a fiio E6 using line out with this player. Sounds fantastic, but the E6 isn't known to be great in regards to sound quality. I know the A3 is decent, but I am trying to get the best match for the DAP. The E6 gives more than enough juice, heck even the player does, but I know these cans can keep giving.

Hated the topping NX2. Didn't like what it did to soundstage and detail, in my opinion. I would also benefit from a DAC as my laptop has garbage output but I don't really ever use it. Looking to spend under 100 with this.

Thanks in advance, I know someone with more knowledge about pairing devices up can help.

Isn't E6 weaker than the Xduoo X3 HP out?

I've paired mine with the fiio Q1 and really like this combo!

The X3 is rated at 250mW@32ohms but is said to be inflated. More like around 185mW@32 in actuality.
Your Q1 is rated at >190mW@32ohms and >75mW@75ohms.
The E6 is said to have 150mW@16ohms and 16mW@300ohms.
The NX1 is rated at 100mW@32ohms.

I hate it when factories give specs that can't be easily compared :frowning2:

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #2,046 of 5,194
Headphoniaks measured the X3 as 154mW@32Ω, but they've taken down the page with their measurements, which is a bit strange. Given that doubling the sound pressure requires 4 times the power and doubling the perceived loudness up to 10 times the power these are all much the same in practice. You'd probably want a beefy desktop amp to really improve on the output from the X3.

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #2,047 of 5,194
I've just sent an email to service@xduoo.com, telling them how much I like the X3, but also explaining how I think it could be so much better if they were able to fix the pitch error issue and the gapless playback.  I also politely suggested that if they were able to assist in the RockBox port by making the core coding available it would very likely make the X3 even more popular and help their sales.  I don't necessarily expect a reply, but if others who haven't yet done so also send similar emails it might help to move this thing along - either with a firmware revision or in assisting the RockBox port.  Certainly, if the emails are positive in tone and make the request politely and in an encouraging manner, I don't see how it could hurt.

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #2,048 of 5,194
  I've just sent an email to service@xduoo.com, telling them how much I like the X3, but also explaining how I think it could be so much better if they were able to fix the pitch error issue and the gapless playback.  I also politely suggested that if they were able to assist in the RockBox port by making the core coding available it would very likely make the X3 even more popular and help their sales.  I don't necessarily expect a reply, but if others who haven't yet done so also send similar emails it might help to move this thing along - either with a firmware revision or in assisting the RockBox port.  Certainly, if the emails are positive in tone and make the request politely and in an encouraging manner, I don't see how it could hurt.

I logged in to write about this.
I also mailed them and they replied they gave the source code to rockbox.
Its going to be awesome. Its really a win win situation

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #2,049 of 5,194
I to also send a number of kind messages to xduoo in aid of this project(rockbox). If only the X3 has a better screen/ Battery life and better button layout it would be the best budget dap going!

I say the screen could be colour to allow for nice album art as well as being used in different amounts of light (sunlight, inside the house etc)
Battery life is a no brainer
Button layout ti be streamlined like the x2 or just general cleaned up.

regards

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #2,050 of 5,194
  I to also send a number of kind messages to xduoo in aid of this project(rockbox). If only the X3 has a better screen/ Battery life and better button layout it would be the best budget dap going!

I say the screen could be colour to allow for nice album art as well as being used in different amounts of light (sunlight, inside the house etc)

regards

Personally, I find the X3's battery life just fine - gives me about a couple of days.  And I find the button layout just genius in the dark or in a pocket - works fine for me.  I don't listen to the screen, nor to album art.  The screen gets me to my music quick enough and I'm able to adjust the settings when I need to - and a fancy screeen hurts battery life.  There's no free lunch in the world of the portable DAP.

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #2,052 of 5,194
  I also mailed them and they replied they gave the source code to rockbox.

Maybe they've given more code recently but I certainly got the impression from XViper that they didn't provide all that is needed.

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #2,053 of 5,194
   If only the X3 has a better screen/ Battery life and better button layout it would be the best budget dap going!

regards

Personally, I find the X3's battery life just fine - gives me about a couple of days.  And I find the button layout just genius in the dark or in a pocket - works fine for me.  I don't listen to the screen, nor to album art.  The screen gets me to my music quick enough and I'm able to adjust the settings when I need to - and fancy screeen hurt battery life.  There's no free lunch in the world of the portable DAP.

Concur about both the battery life and button scheme being just fine.  As for the OLED screen, yeah it could work better in the daylight but color?  Nah... don't need album art or color.  Besides the cost of that would probably push the X3's price to where it becomes much less attractive.  Better would simply be a higher quality lens and lens protector.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #2,055 of 5,194
Concur about both the battery life and button scheme being just fine.  As for the OLED screen, yeah it could work better in the daylight but color?  Nah... don't need album art or color.  Besides the cost of that would probably push the X3's price to where it becomes much less attractive.  Better would simply be a higher quality lens and lens protector.
i liked the practical side of the layout. Its really easy to operate without taking the player out of the pocket though lookwise its not great. At this price, getting a great sound is more sensible, than a better ui. Ui and display gets the job done without confusing much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back