XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #2,056 of 5,194
FMHO, X3 dont need a color and graphic screen.

It's just not its philosophy.

It have to bee keept as simple, robust,  efficient and cheap as it is, just with brighter screen and a better firmware. (rockbox of course).

The xduoo looks to me like a "military class" DAP.
If I wanted a "fun & disco class" DAP, I can buy a FIOO X3II.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2,057 of 5,194

It have to bee keept as simple, robust,  efficient and cheap as it is, just with brighter screen and a better firmware. (rockbox of course).

+1. i agree 100%.
mail sent to xduoo. hope they receive lot of them, to encourage them to give xviper what he needs.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #2,058 of 5,194

I agree. When I am playing with Fiio X1, it does have something good-looking. But some of the essentials are missing: APE support are limited (I happen to have some APE files compressed in extra high or insane mode); music in cue sheet cannot be added to playlists; very clumsy UI to switch LO/HO (apparently may be fixed by software change but very unlikely to be implemented). With rockbox I hope these will be addressed for xduoo X3. When I use the DAP, it seems 99% of time, I never look at the screen, so that good-looking cost doesn't really justify.

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #2,059 of 5,194
While I understand that a better screen might push the price, I'll be happy to pay up because it will vastly improve sifting through songs that are not necessarily in their own album directory. I for one, keep adding my new finds to latest folder on periodically retire those songs to other folders on the card. Needless to say, metadata and even titles are crappy for most of the random downloads and in such cases, a screen + scroll wheel or screen + touch screen are totally worth it.

Why not, when this can make the dap better and more appealing to the common masses? It will only help the co in developing better products.

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #2,060 of 5,194
jaterjb,

I believe you're really talking about a new and higher priced model rather than tweaks for the existing X3.  Nothing wrong with that as other manufacturers do that all the time (e.g. FiiO).

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #2,062 of 5,194
  xduoo X4 maybe? hehe we could of given them development ideas :)

I've heard from very reliable sources that Xduoo X7 has already been developed and it is undergoing tests as we speak... Some of the features:
- $50 / £38 RRP
- holographic display
- 1 TB internal storage
- gapless / gormless / souless / funless / buttonless / etcless

Also the word goes around about a version dubbed XXX geared towards Entertainment for Gentlemen... but it may be just a project like many others...

For those with an interest in motor vehicles and auto memorabilia, Ford Motor Co. has re-started the production of the Model T (with gullwing doors and codenamed T-Rump) at the suggestion of 10 345 822 campaigning people worldwide.

(hmmm...
tongue.gif
)

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #2,063 of 5,194
I've heard from very reliable sources that Xduoo X7 has already been developed and it is undergoing tests as we speak... Some of the features:
- $50 / £38 RRP
- holographic display
- 1 TB internal storage
- gapless / gormless / souless / funless / buttonless / etcless

Also the word goes around about a version dubbed XXX geared towards Entertainment for Gentlemen... but it may be just a project like many others...

For those with an interest in motor vehicles and auto memorabilia, Ford Motor Co. has re-started the production of the Model T (with gullwing doors and codenamed T-Rump) at the suggestion of 10 345 822 campaigning people worldwide.

(hmmm... :p )
why do chinese companies copy model names?! Cant they be crrative enough to use another alphabet followed by a number or numbers?! Or are they looking for those customers who google on a fiio product, with model number?!

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #2,064 of 5,194
why do chinese companies copy model names?! Cant they be crrative enough to use another alphabet followed by a number or numbers?! Or are they looking for those customers who google on a fiio product, with model number?!

Most likely!

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #2,066 of 5,194

(hmmm... :p )
April fools day is early this year :)

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #2,069 of 5,194
  While I understand that a better screen might push the price, I'll be happy to pay up because it will vastly improve sifting through songs that are not necessarily in their own album directory. I for one, keep adding my new finds to latest folder on periodically retire those songs to other folders on the card. Needless to say, metadata and even titles are crappy for most of the random downloads and in such cases, a screen + scroll wheel or screen + touch screen are totally worth it.

Why not, when this can make the dap better and more appealing to the common masses? It will only help the co in developing better products.

Larger screen will help navigation. Scroll wheel? I don't think so. I prefer page up/down or alphabet jump or search. I have a Fiio X1, which provides the scroll wheel. My experience is that it is very painful to scroll all the way up or down when there are thousands of musics in your player, esp. on a 128Gb card. If the next button can function as page down (long press), it would be much easier compared with scroll wheel.

A fancier hardware, such as scroll wheel or touch screen might look good on the surface. They do require better software, which is not available in this market compared with smart phones. Maybe for really expensive ones, such as Fiio X7, one may get both worlds. Considering the bulky size and the price tag, I always wonder why a smart phone maker won't provide simple solutions as a good internal DAC with HO/LO switch (no matter what, the phone makers have to provide one, then why not make it top notch?). This gives audiophiles many possibilities: many low-impedance headphones will be able to connect to the smart phone directly; high-impedance ones can still be connect with additional amp; software on the smart phone really has the chance to create a very good user experience with the powerful CPUs on the phones (compared to those tiny weak processors in DAPs). It is sold as a smart phone, so people would never need a separate USB DAC at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back