XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 5, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,996 of 5,194
That doesn't sound right...... The amp section of the xduoo x3 should be better than the q1's.

Sound signature wise it might be different. Or are they? If they are, totally understandable, if technically/monetary inferior product is preferred by some. If they are of same EQ then, I wonder how great the tuning of Q1 has to be.

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,997 of 5,194
Something is wrong with the aspect ratio....  Printed in inches but ya...

Any suggestions ?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1331641

(what is this a case for ants ?)

LOL!
Sorry for you. I'm the one who made this 3D file and post it on thingiverse. Mine works very well as you can see in my previous posts. Monday, I will check this problem and will fix it by sending an another file. By the way, it should be in cms, not inches. It seems that thingiverse had converted it in inchs and made it 10 times smaller.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #1,998 of 5,194
Btw ..do u owned an XDUOO X3 ? :wink_face:
Not yet.
I'm waiting for a solid Rockbox support 1st before getting one.

I don't really care about the playback speed error of 44.1kHz files but not having EQ doesn't appeal to me as I like playing around with EQ.

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #1,999 of 5,194
That doesn't sound right...... The amp section of the xduoo x3 should be better than the q1's.
'better' is subjective.. For instance, my klipsch s4i sounded better with x3 direct in low gain mode. In hi gain it started getting too much bassy and harsh on treble side. Imaging was still same, but vocals lost the naturality. Connecting my fiio e12 in both lo and hi gain mide of both devices changed the signature but it was difficult to listen overall. I noticed the same with my akg k551 too. But with k701, amping helped. But in all cases i must admit, without amping i felt the signal to silence had a better contrast. E12 was good for forward sounding vocals, but bass was tighter on stock amp! imho xduoo made it small, portable and powerful, and cheap so any paying more kills the value for money aspect. Also it kills portability.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,000 of 5,194
Tried my xDuoo X3 with both a Topping NX1 and a vintage Little Dot Micro + with all my IEMs (and briefly with my big cans) and ended up seeing absolutely NO reason to stack either with the X3.  The X3 performs just fine by itself with great SQ and plenty of power for IEMs.

BTW I found my X3 to give the best SQ with gain at +6 and DAC at Fast.

Obviously YMMV
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #2,002 of 5,194
I think we should close this topic poll or rename to something like "Do you want to see the RockBox firmware for xDuoo X3?".

But I thought you indicated that you could not correct the pitch issue with Rockbox without additional "help" (information) from xDuoo regarding their firmware.  Or have I missed something?

Regardless I think it is a forgone conclusion that everyone would like to see Rockbox successfully ported to the xDuoo X3.  And your efforts give us all hope!

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #2,006 of 5,194
I think we should close this topic poll or rename to something like "Do you want to see the RockBox firmware for xDuoo X3?".

Yes we want for sure! I noticed at the end your video you play a song from Muse and fast forwarded. Did you manage to get any sound from X3?

Mar 5, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #2,007 of 5,194

Sound signature wise it might be different. Or are they? If they are, totally understandable, if technically/monetary inferior product is preferred by some. If they are of same EQ then, I wonder how great the tuning of Q1 has to be.

'better' is subjective.. For instance, my klipsch s4i sounded better with x3 direct in low gain mode. In hi gain it started getting too much bassy and harsh on treble side. Imaging was still same, but vocals lost the naturality. Connecting my fiio e12 in both lo and hi gain mide of both devices changed the signature but it was difficult to listen overall. I noticed the same with my akg k551 too. But with k701, amping helped. But in all cases i must admit, without amping i felt the signal to silence had a better contrast. E12 was good for forward sounding vocals, but bass was tighter on stock amp! imho xduoo made it small, portable and powerful, and cheap so any paying more kills the value for money aspect. Also it kills portability

Tried my xDuoo X3 with both a Topping NX1 and a vintage Little Dot Micro + with all my IEMs (and briefly with my big cans) and ended up seeing absolutely NO reason to stack either with the X3.  The X3 performs just fine by itself with great SQ and plenty of power for IEMs.

BTW I found my X3 to give the best SQ with gain at +6 and DAC at Fast.

Obviously YMMV
wink.gif

Let me explain it better. To my ears with my Monk, GR07, B3P1 and D2000 there was a nice jump in clarity and separation, not something about the tonal balance. To my ears, things are better resolving and more detailed with the Line Out to Q1 than straight from the HP out. And since these are things i value a lot, this is a very nice upgrade in SQ to me. But of course, as always, YMMV. 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #2,008 of 5,194
Let me explain it better. To my ears with my Monk, GR07, B3P1 and D2000 there was a nice jump in clarity and separation, not something about the tonal balance. To my ears, things are better resolving and more detailed with the Line Out to Q1 than straight from the HP out. And since these are things i value a lot, this is a very nice upgrade in SQ to me. But of course, as always, YMMV. 
:D  :beerchug:  

Ok, I you tried any other amp and liked it too?

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #2,010 of 5,194

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Yes, I agree amping would 'change' the sound. Better is subjective! I liked the sound with my E12, but I lost some faster bass(which is weird). Vocals became 'forward' instruments got some body. Treble didnt impove, as the roll off is set out from the DAC I guess. To say thats the sound I like, but my friend who was around, liked the less forward vocal signature of the stock. At the end of the day. But, is it worth it? Well, I felt: The player is already small, and has enough power, for my low impedance headphones. Also, I can't keep the setup in my pocket and walk around with the amp. I think the best solution for a new buyer is to find the best headphones or earphones which compliments the stock amp, not carrying a brick around. Also due to the odd dimensions, any fiio amp wont fit perfectly with this. It might stay in place due to the bands, but looks weird! Also the player is just around 100 bucks. E12 is 150. For a cheapo good sounding player, I feel even a 50 bucks amp is an overkill! Just my two cents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back